Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

scrubs season six posted:

The reason being a cop isn't that dangerous is because they shoot anyone they can see any time they feel at all threatened. If they didn't do this, cop would be the number one most dangerous job, so it's entirely justified that they do this. The only reason other professions don't do this is because it doesn't really translate. You don't really get any safer by shooting a tree, or a king crab, or a roof, or a gold mine. But you do get safer by shooting black people. hth
here in canada, cops dont even have guns (they aren't allowed up here, as you know). they have to use karate instead. a place in our law enforcement dojo is the most honourable (and dangerous) position a citizen can take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Kjoery posted:

here in canada, cops dont even have guns (they aren't allowed up here, as you know). they have to use karate instead. our law enforcement dojo is the most honourable (and dangerous) position a citizen can take

is it true they tie beaver tails together and use them as nunchucks

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Professor SJW posted:

jesus can we go back to talking about taco bell?

Be the talk about taco bell you want to see. Or go to a different thread.

In regards to this thread?
Trump is not hosed. Statistics show this to be true.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

is it true they tie beaver tails together and use them as nunchucks
only shameful cowards resort to the twin tails. true kanadian karate kops use their own two hands in order to enforce the steel fist of the law

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 27, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

i hate to break it to the frog men trump fetishists in the thread but the trump administration isnt good

they're bad

they're doing bad things

if youre rich or whatever it doesnt matter, but otherwise theyre loving you. right now. maybe you guys cant feel it because you anuses have become so distended by all the poo poo youve shoved up there during the campaign, but i hope youre all looking forward to the metaphorical diapers youre all gonna have to wear for the rest of your lives

As long as they are doing bad things to you specifically, I am cool with it. That transforms them into good things.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
trump has however been nicely hosed by some random judge somewhere with that dumb rear end eo

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Frog Tripper posted:

As long as they are doing bad things to you specifically, I am cool with it. That transforms them into good things.
im glad to see that you are almost as good at reading as trump himself

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

trump has however been nicely hosed by some random judge somewhere with that dumb rear end eo
taints stretchin' every whichway, judges, politicians, and journalists all shoulder-deep in oneanother. its getting everywhere. some of the poo poo's ever leakin' across the border. its p gross

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Kjoery posted:

taints stretchin' every whichway, judges, politicians, and journalists all shoulder-deep in oneanother. its getting everywhere. some of the poo poo's ever leakin' across the border. its p gross

wait this isn't the gbs anal sex thread

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

a very basic and common economic system that has produced a great deal of wealth and progress

All government is oligarchy except direct democracy

Oligarchies directly profit from the activities of Capitalism

In a Capitalist system it is beneficial to expend as little as possible to produce

Ergo gently caress the working person and the consumer give me all the moneys

Whats that? LOL of course I won't recirculate this capital as originally intended that means I have more power

Great deal of wealth for the very few who are unscrupulous and socipoathic, progress for certain social strata while life for the majority remains the same.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
bulgogi hoagie is like a 20 yr old college republican except was rejected from every college

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

thathonkey posted:

bulgogi hoagie is like a 20 yr old college republican except was rejected from every college

drat your posts are dumb. I mean, like each and every last one of them. Do you put much effort into coming off as such a dumbass?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Frog Tripper pre edit posted:

drat your posts are dumb.

Frog Tripper post edit posted:

drat your posts are dumb. I mean, like each and every last one of them. Do you put much effort into coming off as such a dumbass?
glad to see you're keepin' the bar of the frog tripper brand set high

thathonkey posted:

hes the least bad of them, dont be mean.

also capitalism is doomed to ultimately collapse under its own bulk and we all have a bright future ahead of us where we're all wage slaves to the elite few who own all the robots (assuming that we manage to get over the hurdle of climate change intact (also climate change doesnt exist according to US admin lol))

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Ardemia posted:

In a Capitalist system it is beneficial to expend as little as possible to produce

Whats that? LOL of course I won't recirculate this capital as originally intended that means I have more power

Great deal of wealth for the very few who are unscrupulous and socipoathic, progress for certain social strata while life for the majority remains the same.

"let's make every decision using direct democracy", man unironically says after brexit and trumps election

month after implementation

"hm it seems the people of utah have unanimously voted to stop supplying food and water to black communities in their state, starving the entire population. how could this horrible tragedy have possibly happened?"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

climate change

:allears:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

i put lots of effort into all of my posts yes... do you not ??

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fog Tripper posted:

:same: but your posts.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

scrubs season six posted:

:same: but your posts.

:stroke:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ardemia posted:

and just wait until automation starts taking more and more minimum wage jobs. it's going to have a ripple effect that destroys the economy.

automation used to be too expensive to bother replacing min. wage jobs. not anymore. everything is a kiosk in the future and 30-40 percent of americans cant find work.

ive already got spikes and a giant catapault picked out that ima weld onto my pickup

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if poo poo really hits the fan send me the lat and long of the heavily fortified libtard bunker

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

lol thathonkey is at least 5,000 percent more popular and a better poster than you can even dream of. what are you talking about

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

if poo poo really hits the fan send me the lat and long of the heavily fortified libtard bunker

when the robot war starts i will come rescue you honkey and we'll go play video games for 20 years in the Democratic Underground (still working on a name)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor SJW posted:

when the robot war starts i will come rescue you honkey and we'll go play video games for 20 years in the Democratic Underground (still working on a name)

oh sweet i was just planning on taking an autonomous uber there

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

oh sweet i was just planning on taking an autonomous uber there

NO YOU'VE KILLED US ALL

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

thathonkey posted:

69 and 420

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Professor SJW posted:

lol thathonkey is at least 5,000 percent more popular and a better poster than you can even dream of. what are you talking about

Posting 5000 percent more posts != popularity, fam.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

gently caress YOUR TEAM -shits pants- YEAH SMELL IT human being I DON'T EVEN CARE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fog Tripper posted:

Would it kill you to stop being such an unpleasant bitter asswipe or is maintaining your rep for it that important

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

coincidence? I think not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

just wanted to reiterate this for anyone who doesnt understand the Fog Tripper ideology

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

and just wait until automation starts taking more and more minimum wage jobs. it's going to have a ripple effect that destroys the economy.
you probably know this, but automatically doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing; modern automation mostly sucks in the context our our global economic structure.

i mean, back in the middle ages, fukken everyone was just in the fields slavin' away. then we got tractors (ok there were tonnes of advancements before that, but), and all of a sudden we didn't need 90% of the population in the fields, and people suddenly had time to take on less tradition jobs, like services, medicine, science, etc

back then, the tractor was a threat to farmers -- it was going to destroy their jobs! And it did, though it wasn't a bad thing in the long run, because new things were found, and people theoretically had more time to do other cool things.

that said, the modern situation is a bit different from that (pretty much every low level job can be conceivably neural-net'd in the near-ish future). if we do manage to change up the way our economy works (or if governments decide to gently caress corporations and socialize the robots) we could just have a really cool society where the work week is short/nonexistant (woo post scarcity)

but unless we eat the rich its probably not going to happen

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 27, 2017

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Kjoery posted:

you probably know this, but automatically doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing; modern automation mostly sucks in the context our our global economic structure.

i mean, back in the middle ages, fukken everyone was just in the fields slavin' away. then we got tractors (ok there were tonnes of advancements before that, but), and all of a sudden we didn't need 90% of the population in the fields, and people suddenly had time to take on less tradition jobs, like services, medicine, science, etc

back then, the tractor was a threat to farmers -- it was going to destroy their jobs! And it did, though it wasn't a bad thing in the long run, because new things were found, and people theoretically had more time to do other cool things.

that said, the modern situation is a bit different from that (pretty much every low level job can be conceivably neural-net'd in the near-ish future). if we do manage to change up the way our economy works (or if governments decide to gently caress corporations and socialize the robots) we could just have a really cool society where the work week is short/nonexistant (woo post scarcity)

People who have unlimited time to chill and gently caress will have a million kids and we'll all live in disgusting polluted cities where the robots can't produce fast enough to stuff our fat lazy mouths.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
"I'll happily see the Trump administration run this country into the loving ground forever if it means those uppity gender-whatevers in e/n never get to feel happy about anything. They gross me out and they're weird as gently caress so I don't really mind."

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't think shorter workdays are going to happen anytime soon, for that to happen production would need to outpace the amount of work people want done for them, but even as production has risen dramatically we haven't seen that happen. It has lead to a lot more specialization and content creation, though.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kjoery posted:

exactly. we could have a cool star trek future where everyone has what they need and we work for fulfillment and not survival but lol capitalism and capitalists would rather let the world burn than see that happen. we won't get a universal income. it just wont happen. not in america. we'll starve in the streets.

also we've never seen automation like what we're facing in the next few decades. the majority of low-wage jobs will be automated because it's now super cheap to do. and a bunch of middle class jobs will also go because computer algorithims are getting good enough to do white collar labor. a computer could be writing this post right now :wth:

as you pointed out, when automation happened in the past we shifted to a service-based economy, which is total poo poo. now what will we shift to? sure automation can create new kinds of jobs but then those new jobs will get automated.

eat the rich and destroy their robots is what i'm saying. start with wendy's. they just announced they are installing self-service kiosks at 6,000 locations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Imagine having to work only 0 hours every day

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

when we are starving to death in the poverty camps they probably won't have us work at all. the automated construction equipment will dig our mass graves so we wont even have to do that

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

The whole 'Capitalism will always provide new avenues of profit for those clever enough to pursue them' thing is eventually going to run itself dry. It's like the silicone valley boffins scoffing at people in the manual sector because they're not participating in the New Economy, i.e. the I.T. sector. But the reality is that these new avenues of profit require an increasingly intelligent and mentally dynamic population this is good and bad. It might seem like some Facebook tier 'THEY'RE KEEPING US STUPID FOR A REASON, MAN.' logic but honestly it has largely benefited human society as a whole to have large swathes of loving idiots roaming around being able to do grunt work and this paradigm is increasingly becoming useless especially in the advanced post-digital societies.

But while the 'New Economy' is booming, you've entire generations of people who are completely unable to participate in it because, through no fault of their own, they're basically loving stupid and becoming increasingly economically unproductive and Capitalism has no loving idea what to do with them. There are two schools of thought on solving this problem, both of which cost money and aren't going to be done until society reaches breaking point: 1) Universal Basic Income to provide some sort of shelter to the increasingly useless population. 2) Massive state-funded re-skilling of the workforce into temperament-suited employment.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

eat the rich and destroy their robots is what i'm saying
do we really have to destroy them, though? i really think either basic guaranteed income and eating the rich via taxation or governments just controlling the robots themselves for ~*the people*~ is the solution

Zzulu posted:

well i mean, you can do other things in your free time w/ a bit of imagination. or you can just post on sa all day i guess -- no one would stop you (except the mods)

how would $10bux work in a post scarcity economy? maybe you just mail lowtax a chunk of flesh instead

e:

Ape Fist posted:

silicone valley
:same:

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 27, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Donald trump's twitter is pretty rich for a dude whose supporters call their opponents snowflakes who get perpetually offended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

We've learned if you allow fully automated luxury gay space communism you either get

A. The Culture.

or

B. Slaanesh.

• Locked thread