Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hahaha, loving nice one there, Minny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers lost to Nashville 5-4, where the GWG was offside yet after 7 minutes of reviewing it they got the call wrong and said it was onside:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/836008947035308032

Why even bother having the Coach's Challenge if they can't get the loving call right?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kilza posted:

Oilers lost to Nashville 5-4, where the GWG was offside yet after 7 minutes of reviewing it they got the call wrong and said it was onside:

Why even bother having the Coach's Challenge if they can't get the loving call right?

Dammit! With Calgary's win today and a tie or loss Flames would have moved into 6th

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I feel less crazy for suggesting that eaves could have fetched a 1st after that dumb trade.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Fire all GMs and all coaches and implement a goon run democratic hockey management process

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
martin hanzal isn't that good

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Kilza posted:

That looks onside to me. The blue line moves with the puck, so since the player was in the air before the puck was fully across the blue line and into the zone he wasn't in the zone offside.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Kilza posted:

Def not offsides. The player even re lands on the ice on the blue line.

Either way, coach's challenge is still either terrible or not done right.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Sbisa apparently does not have the mumps, just some sort of other mystery illness.

Oh good, that means only Tanev, Stecher, Hutton and Tryamkin are out with the mumps. I'm going to have to go dig out my equipment, the way this is going I could be on the Canucks' first pairing by Wednesday.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
News: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPtXDBALRl0
Views: :gizz: That Pass :gizz:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Sbisa apparently does not have the mumps, just some sort of other mystery illness.

Oh good, that means only Tanev, Stecher, Hutton and Tryamkin are out with the mumps. I'm going to have to go dig out my equipment, the way this is going I could be on the Canucks' first pairing by Wednesday.

Is it... the sucks
Or.. the shits? Something something... he's an atrocity.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is it... the sucks
Or.. the shits? Something something... he's an atrocity.

I would genuinely take Sbisa over Biega, Gudbranson or Larson at this point because while those three are ungodly bad, Sbisa has improved to being just pretty bad.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

So bad that he couldn't get the mumps right.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Just sitting here thinking that if Shattenkirk somehow goes today (even though it's unlikely) how hilariously bad Tradecentre will be tomorrow.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
No, Sbisa did have the mumps but his possession stats are so bad he immediately turned it over to the training staff.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Look Around You posted:

Just sitting here thinking that if Shattenkirk somehow goes today (even though it's unlikely) how hilariously bad Tradecentre will be tomorrow.

The painfully awkward "well it wasn't a seller's market" press conference from Benning on Wednesday afternoon will make it all worthwhile.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Look Around You posted:

If he keeps turning down extensions not sure it will make a difference.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So at least Hextall is saying the flyers aren't buying at the deadline, and I'm guessing at this point he's trying to find anyone he can to buy the dying contracts. Christ almighty, i don't even buy us beating poo poo rear end colorado tomorrow night at this point. What a weird loving season it's been.

Also hey Hakstol, stop starting Neuvirth so loving much. This isn't college.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

So at least Hextall is saying the flyers aren't buying at the deadline, and I'm guessing at this point he's trying to find anyone he can to buy the dying contracts. Christ almighty, i don't even buy us beating poo poo rear end colorado tomorrow night at this point. What a weird loving season it's been.

Also hey Hakstol, stop starting Neuvirth so loving much. This isn't college.

He really does remind me Mike Johnston, complete with the same dumb clueless look whenever they pan in on him on the bench. You even have the same thing going on with a star center struggling like they never have before.

Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Giroux rebounds the minute they get a non poo poo coach.

e: Apparently the Rangers have gotten a lot of calls on J.T Miller but don't want to move him. Not sure why teams would be calling about the Ranger's leading scorer.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 27, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

To a certain point I can buy the flyers just being astoundingly unlucky/snakebitten on offense, since they do seem to control play well at times, and largely just seem to not be getting finishing touches, but holy hell.

I doubt Hextall dumps Hak this year or in the offseason, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the bench staff changed and Hak on a pretty short leash next year. This is still ultimately a write-off season anyway since all Hexy still really cares about is getting rid of Homer's bad contracts and bringing up more of the prospects, but man it's been painful to watch at times.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
There are no words that fully can express how much pleasure I take in Detroit being last (despite only in the eastern). I've been waiting for this moment since the late 90s.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

As an outside observer Hakstol and Johnston seem similar as coaches except Johnston looks like a dad who is unhappy with his marriage and family life, while Hakstol just looks like a serial killer.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
http://campussports.net/2017/02/26/video-njcaa-hockey-player-viciously-kos-referee-championship-game-called-off/

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

(the fact these guys look like tripod players make it that much...worse?)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

No, Sbisa did have the mumps but his possession stats are so bad he immediately turned it over to the training staff.

:stare:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

http://campussports.net/2017/02/26/video-njcaa-hockey-player-viciously-kos-referee-championship-game-called-off/

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

(the fact these guys look like tripod players make it that much...worse?)

Haha god drat I've seen some poo poo in my years of playing and watching but this takes the cake.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/835993158974582784

"Brandon Day, a freshman defenseman for Erie Community College, was arrested and charged with assault last night after he stormed out of the penalty box to tackle a referee, leading officials to call off the rest of the NCJAA title game."

but did the ref hit a stanchion

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's just batshit insane. What kind of person thinks this is a good idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Martytoof posted:

community college level athletics is already pretty low, hockey teams are probably taking any yahoos they can just to keep the team going

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/835993158974582784

"Brandon Day, a freshman defenseman for Erie Community College, was arrested and charged with assault last night after he stormed out of the penalty box to tackle a referee, leading officials to call off the rest of the NCJAA title game."

but did the ref hit a stanchion

between this, andrew peters shoving a 15 year old hard to the ice, and the sabres losing back-to-back games to the two worst teams in the league, it was a very good hockey weekend in western new york

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lol he's going to get a criminal record over loving community college hockey, what a retard

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have too much misplaced faith in humanity so incidents like this are just too unbelievable to me.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

I have too much misplaced faith in humanity so incidents like this are just too unbelievable to me.

When I was 15 I saw a kid in my league smash his stick over the head of one of my teammates. Like full baseball swing.

I don't think any charges were pressed over that but the kid who got hits' Dad was a former NHL enforcer and I remember watching him standing near the glass just staring daggers at the kid who did it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Hockeys players around the world are waging war against the oppressive referee system.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

lol he's going to get a criminal record over loving community college hockey, what a retard

I bet he already had a criminal record

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm on the other side, surprised it doesn't happen more often because of the "you step on an ice rink you better be ready to fight!!" mentality that a lot of people carry around.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Martytoof posted:

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/831712138666397696

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

santanotreal posted:

I bet he already had a criminal record

Yeah i'd bet hard on this too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Speaking of suspensions Brandon Manning just got two games for his late hit on Guentzel.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Ginette Reno posted:

e: Apparently the Rangers have gotten a lot of calls on J.T Miller but don't want to move him. Not sure why teams would be calling about the Ranger's leading scorer.

Probably teams who have a defenseman to offer, starting by asking about a top young forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Miller and Coreau called up to Detroit.

Trades incoming??? Don't let me down, Ken.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread