Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The maker of Dwarf Fortress, before he made that, had this other game called Liberal Crime Squad. It had the coolest core mechanic where every single NPC in the game could be captured and converted to your side. You could either install them within your organization doing various tasks, or send them back out to their previous jobs as sleeper agents that you could activate when the time was right. I would love to play an organized crime / spy game that let you do that poo poo

mgs5 and peace walker exist already my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

xarph posted:

united front games needs to exist again, and sleeping dogs 2 needs the nemesis system

What I wouldn't give for sleeping dogs 2

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

xarph posted:

united front games needs to exist again, and sleeping dogs 2 needs the nemesis system

drat thats the best idea i've heard in ages

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Manatee Cannon posted:

mgs5 and peace walker exist already my friend

Holy poo poo, I guess your're right. LCS had you do a brainwashing interrogation minigame to convert folks but I guess that was what Ocelot did behind the scenes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Add buying PSN cards as preferred payment method to the OP tia

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Alder posted:

Add buying PSN cards as preferred payment method to the OP tia

why would you buy things any other way

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

why would you buy things any other way
It's the middle of the night and in a drunken stupor you decide you want to buy a game right then and there.

edit: in retrospect some of my favorite games have been bought that way, including Miku Future Tone. I have Nioh, Nier Automata and Super Robot Wars V in progress but that's what I'm playing right now.

Also, an important announcement about SRWV:

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 27, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
just load your PSN account up with a couple hundo every month and have at it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
For ps3 games that I have a disc version for can I buy the digit version and use the same saves seamlessly? I figure at least make sure they're cloud saved first but everything should work fine.

I just hate swapping discs!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fart Sandwiches posted:

For ps3 games that I have a disc version for can I buy the digit version and use the same saves seamlessly? I figure at least make sure they're cloud saved first but everything should work fine.

I just hate swapping discs!
Yeah, I actually just confirmed that a little bit ago. I bought MGS5 on disc around launch, played it until the story starts disintegrating, and sold it. Recently it was on sale digitally so I picked it up and could continue just where I left off, and also the async multiplayer stuff had netted me tons of new money in the mean time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I actually just confirmed that a little bit ago. I bought MGS5 on disc around launch

PS3 MGSV?

I always thought saves didn't transfer on the PS3 era games but did on PS4.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I assume they are using the same ps3 that they played the disc versions with.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PS3 MGSV?

I always thought saves didn't transfer on the PS3 era games but did on PS4.
PS4 both times. I have no clue about PS3-PS4 cross saving,

Oh sorry, I misread. It was about the PS3 the whole time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have a sneaking suspicion game saves don't transfer across SKUs on PS3. Happy to be corrected

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I have a sneaking suspicion game saves don't transfer across SKUs on PS3. Happy to be corrected

Depends on the game. From memory Yakuza 4 and Red Dead Redemption have different IDs between disc/DL and won't work that way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Game saves only work between PS3/4 if they're specifically designed to like the FFX/X-2 remaster and even then you have to upload a special version of the save, the normal cloud save doesn't count.

In fact that might be the only game that does PS3/4, Vita/PS4 is a bit more common.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fart Sandwiches didn't ask about PS3-to-PS4, they're asking about PS3 disc to PS3 digital saves!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ooooh, whoops

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I feel like Gravity Rush 2's online services have some kind of vendetta against me.

I've done at least 15 treasure hunts from other people's photos, but a grand total of 0 other players have done the same with mine. I've rated about 20 photos from other people, and uploaded at least as many of my own, and it's the same thing - 0 Dusty Tokens from other people finding my pictures and giving them a thumbs up. And they're really nice pictures! :(

At least one of the 10 challenges I sent out managed to net me a win...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of, the upcoming remake of Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap has the best cross-save/transfarring where passwords work between the PS4/Bone/Switch versions AND can go back and forth with the original Master System game.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I just want all the costumes, OK

I'm already salty about missing the cool white costume due to my "never pre-order any video game ever"-policy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, the upcoming remake of Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap has the best cross-save/transfarring where passwords work between the PS4/Bone/Switch versions AND can go back and forth with the original Master System game.

Haha that owns

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I feel like Gravity Rush 2's online services have some kind of vendetta against me.

I've done at least 15 treasure hunts from other people's photos, but a grand total of 0 other players have done the same with mine. I've rated about 20 photos from other people, and uploaded at least as many of my own, and it's the same thing - 0 Dusty Tokens from other people finding my pictures and giving them a thumbs up. And they're really nice pictures! :(

At least one of the 10 challenges I sent out managed to net me a win...

It's not terribly helpful to you but I think the online stuff takes a good while to show results. I beat the game a while ago and fired it up again recently to check something. While I was playing, none of my treasure hunt photos had gotten any use, but after the game had sat for a few weeks I now had a few thousand tokens.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I feel like I'm being punished for daring to not start playing the game immediately on launch - I bought it launch day but let it sit for about a month as I was busy plowing through the PS3 Yakuza games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I feel like I'm being punished for daring to not start playing the game immediately on launch - I bought it launch day but let it sit for about a month as I was busy plowing through the PS3 Yakuza games.

Nah you're really not. It was the same way back then. It's just something weird about the online services not working perhaps they way they imaagined.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Sounds like maybe they just stick all the interactions in a big queue, so anything you do has to wait in line behind a million other photos and race challenges that were uploaded to the servers a week before.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Getting all the dusty token prizes is a fools errand. When i was playing the game i checked the global leaderboard and number one had around 5300. The best prize is at 6000 tokens and this was about a month after release.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I just unlocked the lunar thing in Gravity Rush 2 and it has moved the game even further towards the "gently caress this, trade in" pile.

The controls are just not up to what they expect from the player.

I'm hugely disappointed with the game and I'm actually getting a loving headache from playing it.

Numerous forced stealth/can't use your powers missions, a poo poo camera, horrible controls and an empty open world. This game has it all.

EDIT: I'm done. The tutorial area for the fighting with the lunar thing seems designed to just display how frustrating the entire game is. It locks on to enemies when you attack but also locks on to mineral deposits so you can literally be mid combo on a monster and the camera will wildly snap around and Kat will start attacking green orbs instead, even if they are further away than the enemies.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 27, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fart Sandwiches didn't ask about PS3-to-PS4, they're asking about PS3 disc to PS3 digital saves!

Look at this guy, expecting goons to have basic reading comprehension skills.

This is the internet and most of them are American! :doh:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

xarph posted:

the yakuza games need the nemesis system and instead of a random nemesis it's really just majima

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If they ever make Bully 2, it's the prime candidate for "game that really needs the Nemesis system" in my eyes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/836214316084805633

neato

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Prepare to face a new nemesis: Sauron.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Press F to Pay Respects Defeat Sauron

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The story mode of that game was the weirdest goddamn thing, and all of a sudden it was over.

I hope it won't be as weird and short this time around.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Good timing, considering the discussion.

So what are people betting on the next SKU? I'm thinking it'll be more than just a Pro Slim for December 2018... they'll maybe do that but then also have some new fatty called the PS4 Ultra or something that'll specifically have a second GPU to improve VR performance, a better modem to improve streaming and Remote Play stuff (maybe an over the web streaming capability with some heavier duty hardware requirements on the client end), but not much more than that since their whole insistence on even the launch being able to run everything will really limit them, though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I finally gave up on the Credit Card Information is not correct issue for my PAYPAL. (Thanks, Sony!) and got Amazon cards. I just successfully bought Horizon. Is there no preload? It downloaded a dynamic theme and that's it. I went to my Library and to the Store and when I click on it I get a 13 hour timer but no download prompt. My Notifications show nothing.

What gives?

I have nearly a terabyte free, too...

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Fuzz posted:

So what are people betting on the next SKU? I'm thinking it'll be more than just a Pro Slim for December 2018... they'll maybe do that but then also have some new fatty called the PS4 Ultra or something that'll specifically have a second GPU to improve VR performance, a better modem to improve streaming and Remote Play stuff (maybe an over the web streaming capability with some heavier duty hardware requirements on the client end), but not much more than that since their whole insistence on even the launch being able to run everything will really limit them, though.
I passed on the PS4 Pro, because they ditched the UHD drive. Unfortunately, some Pro owners might feel miffed if theirs were to suddenly lack one when a future iteration doesn't.

It'd also be a very easy way for Sony to add something to it.

Twitch and streaming are a total mess on the PS4 as it is, and it'd be great if they could ensure that everyone can stream and watch without a miserable experience. It's weird how Sony had the fantastic idea to embrace recording and streaming only to sort of bork it along the way.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fuzz posted:

So what are people betting on the next SKU? I'm thinking it'll be more than just a Pro Slim for December 2018...

The PS4 SlimFast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Feenix posted:

So I finally gave up on the Credit Card Information is not correct issue for my PAYPAL. (Thanks, Sony!) and got Amazon cards. I just successfully bought Horizon. Is there no preload? It downloaded a dynamic theme and that's it. I went to my Library and to the Store and when I click on it I get a 13 hour timer but no download prompt. My Notifications show nothing.

Pretty sure there is a preload, it was in my download list on Waiting and now it's gone, so I assume it downloaded last night.