Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The reason support is carrying bot harder than ADC these days is because all the hyper carry ADCs are too weak and people just said "gently caress it, Leona is boring as gently caress. I'll just take Brand and 1v2 the lane"

No one plays Braum or Taric because they're boring and don't kill mans fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

my dude, support is the significantly stronger role of the two in bot lane and is the huge deciding factor in who wins the lane the majority of the time. the fact of the matter is this is 100% player perception, which is also why you have apes screeching that ADC is still as powerful as it was in season 3 and that support is a trash role you cannot carry from.

Not coincidentally the ADCs who are actually playable are ones like Jhin/Varus/MF who can still trade somewhat decently against the rear end in a top hat supports in botlane.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

rabidsquid posted:

my dude, support is the significantly stronger role of the two in bot lane and is the huge deciding factor in who wins the lane the majority of the time. the fact of the matter is this is 100% player perception, which is also why you have apes screeching that ADC is still as powerful as it was in season 3 and that support is a trash role you cannot carry from.

I think you've misinterpreted me if you thought I was saying that support can't be an influential role in the hands of good players :shrug: It still constrains the playstyles and heroes to something that aren't everyone's cup of tea. Which I realize is something that could be said of any role, but support is more often than not the one that people get filled into against their wishes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

The reason support is carrying bot harder than ADC these days is because all the hyper carry ADCs are too weak and people just said "gently caress it, Leona is boring as gently caress. I'll just take Brand and 1v2 the lane"

the way to carry as a supp is to play a mid in the bot lane basically

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm a mediocre ADC and a good Support and I can tell you from experience it's much easier to win bot lane if you've got a good support and a mediocre ADC than it is to win with a good ADC and a mediocre support. I've been in a lot of situations where I feel like ADC is the most unfun role in the game as your support goes 0/3 roaming to place bad wards, or engaging when they have no business doing so, but if you're a good support player you can absolutely force-feed a mediocre ADC and win lane on raw numbers.

Especially when you're placed low when the season starts and you can just play Leona and get 6 kills at 10 minutes. If you've got a decent ADC they're going to thrive and you can roam. If you've got a bad support, you can just build a sunfire cape with all those kills and roam and snowball mid. If you've got a bad support you're stuck in lane unless someone else comes to save you, and usually at that point everyone's just dog piling into the bot lane that's already losing and it just causes the whole team to give up kills for nothing.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 27, 2017

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

RealFoxy posted:

I'm a mediocre ADC and a good Support and I can tell you from experience it's much easier to win bot lane if you've got a good support and a mediocre ADC than it is to win with a good ADC and a mediocre support. I've been in a lot of situations where I feel like ADC is the most unfun role in the game as your support goes 0/3 roaming to place bad wards, or engaging when they have no business doing so, but if you're a good support player you can absolutely force-feed a mediocre ADC and win lane on raw numbers.

Especially when you're placed low when the season starts and you can just play Leona and get 6 kills at 10 minutes. If you've got a decent ADC they're going to thrive and you can roam. If you've got a bad support, you can just build a sunfire cape with all those kills and roam and snowball mid. If you've got a bad support you're stuck in lane unless someone else comes to save you, and usually at that point everyone's just dog piling into the bot lane that's already losing and it just causes the whole team to give up kills for nothing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
ok but most of my supports were still above 3.0 KDA before you boosted me from Silver 2 to Gold 5 in the last 2 weeks of the season

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Three times in the past week I've unavoidably dodged a game because the new client wouldn't render the game window (or essential parts of it) after accepting the match. :riot:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

thats cool in normals but when you're trying to play ranked and it's already frustrating to play and someone locks in the smite nidalee and says trust me I've got this

Why does normal versus ranked matter at all here? In either case you're matched with that person because he has the same or similar MMR. It's not like if he wasn't doing that thing you think is dumb he'd instead be faker; if he wasn't doing that thing you think is dumb he'd instead be doing some other dumb thing. Because he's the same MMR as you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some things are dumber than others, being at an mmr doesnt somehow make all choices identical

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

some things are dumber than others, being at an mmr doesnt somehow make all choices identical

On a long enough timeline, people who consistently make stupid decisions lose MMR and individual games matter very little. :shrug:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In fact, on a long enough timeline nothing matters because death is certain. :cheers:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
If someone is flaming the poo poo out of you a wonderful troll you can reply with is noting that, somehow, you're the same MMR.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ShadowHawk posted:

If someone is flaming the poo poo out of you a wonderful troll you can reply with is noting that, somehow, you're the same MMR.

stop trying to post via voice you idiots!!! you get incomprehensible poo poo like this!!!!!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ok but the problem here methanar is that you're very good (and probably playing under your real elo if I had to guess)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Teikanmi posted:

:owned:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I thought you quit Methanar

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

ok but the problem here methanar is that you're very good (and probably playing under your real elo if I had to guess)
well have you considered getting good

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Chris de Sperg posted:

Is that where I've been going wrong all this time

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Chris de Sperg posted:

considered but ultimately rejected

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tips of the Trade: Instead of choosing "Lose", consider trying "Win"

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Neurolimal posted:

Tips of the Trade: Instead of choosing "Lose", consider trying "Win"

Hah gently caress off friendo, next you'll be telling me nonsense like 'don't feed' :jerkbag:

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I always say "Let's win this" at the beginning of games so the other players make the right choice.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I always say "you win some ya lose some" after a game that I played poorly in.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Teikanmi posted:

Taric has problems surviving laning phase. But if you get through laning in a good state, he can carry the poo poo out of any and all teamfights.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey all methanar here. I'm working so many hours that I'm going insane but it hasn't stopped me from playing ninety six consecutive smurfed MF games in order to get someone to pay me 75 dollars for boosting.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

Quit projecting. :allears:

don't defend lejackal Mikujin

also you don't even play this game anymore noob

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like playing with friends :D

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

I like playing with friends :D

:same:

I need to get my friends back into the game so we can poo poo up flex queue

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

How Rude posted:

The heck is your problem with me, anyway?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LeJackal posted:

You're lejackal.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

LeJackal posted:

I don't trust people who's usernames are some foreign version of 'the'[animal name]

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I need blue essence for a mastery token, and my boxes keep giving me skin shards. #firstworldproblems

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

I've been playing a bunch lately - just not with you. :wink:

el dingo posted:

I don't trust people who's usernames are some foreign version of 'the'[animal name]

:ironicat:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Radical posted:

add a fourth lane

They should make it an underground sewer, bot lane is now a solo lane for former Supports, and ADCs go into the sewer

This way they can literally get poo poo on instead of just figuratively all game long

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

JerryLee posted:

I need blue essence for a mastery token, and my boxes keep giving me skin shards. #firstworldproblems

Buy a champion shard from the shop.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God drat I hate supporting passive "let's just farm" adc's, especially when they intentionally pick it into a poke lane.

Playing against Nami/Varus when I'm supporting a Vayne is so frustrating lol

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Taitale posted:

Buy a champion shard from the shop.

:stare:

I did not realize you could buy them for IP. Don't I feel silly now.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

They should make it an underground sewer, bot lane is now a solo lane for former Supports, and ADCs go into the sewer

This way they can literally get poo poo on instead of just figuratively all game long

When Rek'Sai burrows she actually goes into the sewer

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 28, 2017

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You're lejackal.

LeJackal. Remember to use your capitals.

el dingo posted:

Thats awfully specific but okay, as long as you're consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LeJackal posted:

LeJackal. Remember to use your capitals.

I was phone posting.

I REGRET NOTHING.

• Locked thread