Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/6Fj9jHw.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33huU96ZdKY

:3:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I'm just a kid
My life is a nightmare

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Watching this video made youtube think I wanted to watch other videos about things named Ricky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxYvvcb0BE

Now I can never masturbate again. :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Now I can never masturbate again. :(

Think of the time saved. #lifehack

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I just remembered the existence of "angry man stuck in snow" and it's still a fun watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
And that's why you don't use gasoline on a brush fire, the fumes are heavier than air and cover the ground all around it. My dad did that once and lost all the hair on his legs.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Geomancing posted:

And that's why you don't use gasoline on a brush fire, the fumes are heavier than air and cover the ground all around it. My dad did that once and lost all the hair on his legs.

Those poor hairs.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is my girlfriend setting fires in my loving bathroom? Is that what takes her so long to shower? What the gently caress.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Geomancing posted:

What did he do after that?

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Tarantula posted:

I just remembered the existence of "angry man stuck in snow" and it's still a fun watch.

1:30 is poignant.

"Why am I laughing at someone else's pain?"

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tarantula posted:

Watch closely at 1:25 for the icing on the cake.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
That video is the best schaden, the freude provider keeps doing his thing and getting mad, but ultimately nothing really bad happens to anyone. Except the providers blood pressure.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Geomancing posted:

Nar the method is fine, you just gotta dip a stick into the container of gas, light that while standing well back, and throw that fucker like you're lighting the Olympic Pyre!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Zernach posted:

That video is the best schaden, the freude provider keeps doing his thing and getting mad, but ultimately nothing really bad happens to anyone. Except the providers blood pressure.

Also the kids all cheering at the end kills me every time

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012

Zernach posted:

Not exactly. Go watch at 1:25-1:35 and look at his pocket. I somehow doubt his mood improved after he found out afterwards.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pure magic.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Nicaden posted:

Not exactly. Go watch at 1:25-1:35 and look at his pocket. I somehow doubt his mood improved after he found out afterwards.

Well, that was better than I expected.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
drat. That's gonna suck good catch!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The last third of the video, where he starts digging around in the back seats and walking around the car, that's what he's looking for. But by that point he's already run it over :allears:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Ahahaha Warren Beatty just goofed and read the wrong Best Picture envelope

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Ahahaha Warren Beatty just goofed and read the wrong Best Picture envelope

https://twitter.com/THR/status/836083568518451201

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

trickybiscuits posted:

"Bernie would have won" is turning into the fedora of political opinions.

greetings, m'proletariat

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/836086280312221698

https://twitter.com/kellyoxford/status/836086161885974528

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, I'm guessing this is going to be a thing they're doing every year now?

Gotta try and bump those rating somehow :shrug:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Oh gently caress me, they all got up on stage and where handed trophies and gave an acceptance speech, THEN where told they weren't the actual winners :suicide:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, I'm guessing this is going to be a thing they're doing every year now?

Gotta try and bump those rating somehow :shrug:

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Oh gently caress me, they all got up on stage and where handed trophies and gave an acceptance speech, THEN where told they weren't the actual winners :suicide:

Yeah, this wasn't scripted. It was a major fuckup and it was pretty drat brutal for the La La Land crew

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
http://m.imgur.com/8vckEvC?r

Wait for it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ha Ha! You reposted an old post!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

One guy found out they hadn't won but then grabbed the mic and made his thank you speech anyway. :v:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One guy found out they hadn't won but then grabbed the mic and made his thank you speech anyway. :v:

Was it the first speech to include "THANK YOU NO TAKEBACKS GOODNIGHT!"

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Youtube game critic Jim sterling was being sued by a video game publisher for almost $11 million, the lawsuit has just been dismissed with prejudice and now Jim has made a video detailing the idiocy of the company that tried to sue him, I've set the video to my favorite part in the clip where Jim goes over where Digital Homicide make their financial claims and explain why they set the amount they did. (Probably a boring video to most people but I rather enjoy youtube drama and spurious lawsuits being slapped down.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-LXvhy1Do&t=707s

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tarantula posted:

Youtube game critic Jim sterling was being sued by a video game publisher for almost $11 million, the lawsuit has just been dismissed with prejudice and now Jim has made a video detailing the idiocy of the company that tried to sue him, I've set the video to my favorite part in the clip where Jim goes over where Digital Homicide make their financial claims and explain why they set the amount they did. (Probably a boring video to most people but I rather enjoy youtube drama and spurious lawsuits being slapped down.)

I've been following this since the original spat two years ago. It's a hell of a saga and well worth the time investment if you care about freedom of speech, butthurt, DMCA takedown abuse and angry bitter asset flippers.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Platystemon posted:

Why expose it at all?

Wasabi the J posted:

Analytics is a very serious business.

So specifically just the Twitter API is an enormous and expensive thing to access, but companies want to know who is tweeting about eating Totino's™ Pizza Rolls while watching The Big Game so that they can advertise other snacks to you or match the email address that you used to register your Twitter account with the one that you gave to the cute Totino's girl during Frosh week to get a Totino's t-shirt. Or, they can even match the trash email you gave to the Totino's girl to your real email that you're browsing on Chrome with.

In a less sinister application, Twitter has those stats running constantly to see when a certain User Agent profile drops off from tweeting because the app or site is broken for them. Fewer than 1% of people will reach out to tell you that your site is hosed and from that, Maybe 1% of those people will know that mentioning their browser, OS and version is important to help unfuck the site.

Also I make a living from the availability of user agent strings so please keep exposing them.

Edit: the schadenfreude is us pretending we ever had any privacy.

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Feb 27, 2017

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Eponine posted:

So specifically just the Twitter API is an enormous and expensive thing to access, but companies want to know who is tweeting about eating Totino's™ Pizza Rolls while watching The Big Game so that they can advertise other snacks to you or match the email address that you used to register your Twitter account with the one that you gave to the cute Totino's girl during Frosh week to get a Totino's t-shirt. Or, they can even match the trash email you gave to the Totino's girl to your real email that you're browsing on Chrome with.
Who doesn't love collecting data from my hungry guys??

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dog ate my Neighbor's Drone - Am I liable? (IL)

quote:

Not sure what to do. Earlier today my neighbor came pounding on my door screaming obscenities and shouting at me. When I finally got him to stop yelling I found out that he was flying his drone in my backyard again and this time my dog finally managed to catch it and destroy it. He claims this was a $900 drone and I had to pay him right then and there. I refused and closed the door in his face. A couple hours later police showed up to retrieve the drone; it was still in my yard, but my dog completely ignored it once it stopped buzzing; and ask about the situation. The said neighbor called them stating that I refused him access to my yard to get it. That's not true, he never asked.

I'm worried the neighbor will try to press charges against me for destruction of property or sue me. Will he have any legal standing if this does go to court?

He has a history of flying his drone low over my yard to tease my dog. I have asked him to stop several times, which he always refuses telling me that I don't own the air above my yard. I have called the police to complain once before, he was doing "fly bys" over my dog and getting very close to hitting him. The police didn't say he couldn't fly it in my yard but did ask him to stop doing so in order to avoid conflict. That only seemed to egg him on.

Legal eagles advise “lol no, also you should take your dog to a vet”.

Idiot neighbor actually files a lawsuit. It does not go well.

quote:

A small update to my neighbor flying his drone in my backyard and attacking my dog:

I was served a summons by a Sheriff's Deputy, neighbor decided to take me to Small Claims over his drone. My MIL is a paralegal secretary, so I was able to get a free consultation with a lawyer where she works to ask some questions about what to bring and how to prepare. He seemed genuinely amused that my neighbor was even trying to sue. He also suggested I counter sue and how I could possibly add in more damages.

He also told me that my neighbor and I technically live within 5 miles of an airport, and even though it doesn't have a tower technically that falls under FAA regulations. I called the hotline from google and spoke to them about my neighbor's hobby of flying out of line of sight, flying several thousand feet in the air, flying near an airport and made an inquiry into if he was registered to fly drones, saying he owned two very large drones (he already bought a new one, this one is almost 5' across). I don't know the weight of his, but it definitely is at least a few pounds. They took my information and have called me back once, so I know they're investigating but don't know anything else. Not sure if they'll tell me anything anyways.

I brought both police reports to court, as well as several photos of my backyard, photos of our shared 8' high privacy fence, medical bills for my dog, and a few short videos I had of him doing fly bys over my dog in the past. His main argument to the judge was that I "maliciously installed a table to allow my dog to jump high enough to catch his drone, which I (somehow) trained him to do". Which, yes I had recently bought a new picnic table, but only so I have somewhere to sit and eat outside. I argued that his flying was causing my dog anxiety and that's what provoked it, and thanks to y'alls advice, that my dog could have potentially died from ingesting part of the drone or if the drone hit him. In the end, he now has to pay me just under $2,000 for various vet bills (xrays, dental exams, sedation, medication etc). He is also banned from flying over my property, and I installed trail cams front and back yards just in case. He seems pretty upset with me, so I wanted to be careful.

The only thing that could make this better is if the FAA finds a reason to fine him or take away his drones.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tarantula posted:

loving hell, I remember when this came up in the thread a year ago or even further back. That games developer sounds like an absolute psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Tarantula posted:

Did he draw a dick on the back of the court documents? hahahaha

Edit: I have no idea about the backstory here but this is a fantastic video explaining everything.

Flaggy has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Feb 27, 2017