Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are they not calamari rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tired Moritz posted:

They're some kind of small pastry

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Tired Moritz posted:

Maybe, maybe not. http://gothamist.com/2013/01/14/is_that_calamari_or_pig_rectum.php

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Who does this?

Who the gently caress whips out their credit card in their living room purely to gesture with it in conversion with a friend? I hate this woman and everything she stands for.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What kind of thief steals a couch?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

If The Sims are to be believed, most of them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was suede.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

quote:

the USDA says they've never heard of anyone trying to pass pork bung as squid

quote:

In the end, Calboun was unable to find anyone who would admit to any knowledge of pork rectum being passed off as calamari

"SQUID OR rear end in a top hat?"

The answer is squid you dumb fucks because that's obviously an urban legend

I loving hate contemporary journalism

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"SQUID OR rear end in a top hat?"

The answer is squid you dumb fucks because that's obviously an urban legend

I loving hate contemporary journalism

As long as we're putting urban legends to rest, is the person in your avatar weeping with high-set closed eyes, or raising her eyebrows over very tall eyes

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Pastry of the Year posted:

As long as we're putting urban legends to rest, is the person in your avatar weeping with high-set closed eyes, or raising her eyebrows over very tall eyes

Princess Tippi is indeed raising her eyebrows over tall, narrow eyes.

(Ribbit King is an awesome game and everyone should play it)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Princess Tippi is indeed raising her eyebrows over tall, narrow eyes.

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Stuff You Can't Believe You Just Figured Out

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Who does this?

Who the gently caress whips out their credit card in their living room purely to gesture with it in conversion with a friend? I hate this woman and everything she stands for.

me, I do that

fight me

in fifteen minutes behind the xi'an buffet on iowa street

no police

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fight! Fight! Fight! :woop:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

:toxx: for Peanut Butter.

You can do it!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Sunswipe posted:

Does duck feed come in a bag with a tag? Because I need bread tags for all my lifehacks.

No, it comes with a rabbit in a hat with a bat.

Thanks for posting this, I used to wonder the same but never had the courage to ask.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

tight aspirations posted:

:toxx: for Peanut Butter.

You can do it!

No poster with that name so you are doomed.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

AgentF posted:

No poster with that name so you are doomed.

Oh?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=181629

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

I always wondered who was buying these

it's actually profoundly lonely people

I actually watch HD videos of Scandinavian train rides to fall asleep sometimes. The scenery is very pretty and the passive light sound of the train is sort of soothing I guess. I blame the fact that I traveled as a kid a lot so I find that kind of noise comforting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I actually watch HD videos of Scandinavian train rides to fall asleep sometimes. The scenery is very pretty and the passive light sound of the train is sort of soothing I guess. I blame the fact that I traveled as a kid a lot so I find that kind of noise comforting.

Funny enough, it's pretty easy for me to fall asleep when I visit NYC by having the window open so I can hear the city below. I'm usually pretty far above the ground, so the honking isn't really loud.

Also there IS a time that the city sleeps, and that's around 3:00 AM or 4:00 AM.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Sometimes I used to watch the English language service for the Japanese state broadcaster NHK when I would come home drunk and want to sober up a little before bed. It's very relaxing, just lots of little half hour tv documentaries about like, the Japanese countryside, or some local craft trade, or what people have for lunch in Tokyo. Sometimes that sorta really passive, meditative media is really good to relax your brain.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Peanut Butler posted:

me, I do that

fight me

in fifteen minutes behind the xi'an buffet on iowa street

no police

I surrender unconditionally. Do you leave your CC loose in your pocket, or are you adept at sleight of hand?

Also, I never want to eat ice cream again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Why is it $25 for a footstool?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
A lot of people are actually very bad at pooping and will try anything to make it better.

Other than any kind of diet change.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Beachcomber posted:

A lot of people are actually very bad at pooping and will try anything to make it better.

Other than any kind of diet change.

I've got a friend who's reasonably vocal on what an excellent product it is... I just sent her the gif.

(She has gone through loads of diet changes too)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just scarf down a banana and some broccoli every day it's easy you don't even need to wipe cleanest dump ever

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wasn't trying to disparage anyone, so much as point out it's trying to appeal to the "one weird trick" crowd, where you can spend an improbably small amount of money and solve a problem forever and completely.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where did that ad air? Adult Swim?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Most of the non-western word squats when you poop. Squatting when you poop is awesome.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where did that ad air? Adult Swim?

I think it's one of those YouTube only commercials. Kind of like the first Dollar Shave Club videos.

Which when you think about it is the best marketing. You pay to have it made and word of mouth makes people seek out your commercial as entertainment rather than passively wait for it to show up on TV. You just have to actually make a video worth talking about.

And the Squatty Potty is pretty awesome because someday you will all get old and a realize how much a good poo poo is worth.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But I can get a footstool for like $5

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Does that no-name footstool have an ad where a unicorn shits rainbow ice cream? Didn't think so.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It also doesn't have a catchy as gently caress name.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Len posted:

But I can get a footstool for like $5

I am ashamed to say this, but I got a footstool to try that out. It's really annoying finding a place to put it, and honestly I didn't notice any difference in my pooping.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I am ashamed to say this, but I got a footstool to try that out. It's really annoying finding a place to put it, and honestly I didn't notice any difference in my pooping.

I honestly think that a decent amount of the appeal of the thing comes from the fact that it's cut to fit around the base of a toilet, so you can just slide it under when you're done and it'll be out of the way for the most part.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Feb 27, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Yea, that's definitely the gimmick, it stores right under the bowl, unlike a footstool which I just don't have room for in my smaller bathroom.

Anyways, thing owns bones, no regrets.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The collapsible ones at walmart take up even less space though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

i think the theory or whatever is that we evolved to poop in the woods squatting, so it should help a little but if you have a fairly healthy diet i don't think you would notice

or i guess if you have a terribly unhealthy diet you wouldn't notice but for opposite reasons

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Don't forget the extra fancy decorative wood option.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

It also doesn't have a catchy as gently caress name.

The knock-offs have even better names.

The EasyGo Pro.

Imagine being the IP lawyer who has to write a C&D for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Len posted:

The collapsible ones at walmart take up even less space though

And that one can come down to ease of use/setup. It just slides into and out of position, instead of having to set up a thing you keep stowed somewhere nearby and then collapse it when you're done and put it away. It's stupid, but convenience can sell.