Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Everyone please look forward to how Mauro will contort himself to work this Oscar thing into commentary on Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jiro posted:

Having Broken Matt be the Bray of Raw would be a good way to go. Since Jeff would just be a blank stare anyway. Pull Roman into it and fall under Matt's influence then eventually have a crossover feud with the Wyatt's.

Crap I thought Fastlane was tonight, oh well time to watch the Oscars I guess.

Vince would have Roman join at the beginning of RAW, then turn and triumph over Matt at the end.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I loved when Rhyno and Slater would run down to the ring to do their babyface ring-clearing run-in and it'd get kicked off with "I'M JUST ONE MAAAAAAAAAAAN" *2 guys run out*

HHH doing his "get back into shape" run late this year. Last year he started in January. I still say if Roman interfered in that HHH vs Ambrose match and Ambrose got the title, that would have gotten Roman over. He could have come out on Raw saying "This feud isn't about gold, its about blood" then him and HHH beating each other down until Wrestlemania would have had some feel to it.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Erebus posted:

Everyone please look forward to how Mauro will contort himself to work this Oscar thing into commentary on Tuesday

It's a shame John Morrison and his Moonlight Drive aren't around anymore, because it just writes itself at that point.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Maybe the new day will do the Moonlight Hour.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Erebus posted:

Every single near fall will be "he thought he had it won, like the producers of La La Land"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
R Truth: This one's on me, my bad

Good thing the slammies arent tonight

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Blaise330 posted:

I still say if Roman interfered in that HHH vs Ambrose match and Ambrose got the title, that would have gotten Roman over. He could have come out on Raw saying "This feud isn't about gold, its about blood" then him and HHH beating each other down until Wrestlemania would have had some feel to it.

I still think they should have had Ambrose win and then combine HHH/Roman and Ambrose/Lesnar into a fatal fourway. At the very least, that cuts down on the number of lovely matches last year by one.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't that "oops we read the wrong name" thing just happen at some other awards ceremony last year? Get your poo poo together, production assistants.

It was Ms Universe though that was more on the host.

Ostentatious posted:

im sure noted billion dollar corporation wwe can afford a drone

gently caress a drone. We need a blimp or something.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
That spear by Roman on Braun looks loving awesome.

More of that Roman, please.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

exploded mummy posted:

gently caress a drone. We need a blimp or something.

Please think of the poor soul who has to inevitably jump off a blimp, probably Shane

...On second thought let's do this

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wonder when Shane is going to show up for his own feud. He's pulling an Undertaker. I guess AJ has to lose to Harper first so he can shout out to the rafters "SHAAAAAAAAAAAANE"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Erebus posted:

You really think there won't be a segment tonight that parodies it on RAW? vince wont be able to resist that poo poo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
*complains about out of date references on Raw

*complains about topical references on Raw*

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
All references from Raw/SD Live are forced, whether they are dated or topical.

If they would write them better, no one would complain.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The complaint about complaints are the worst posts. Let us hate in peace, thank you very much

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Clearly the timing of the reference is what we had a problem with. That was it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

exploded mummy posted:

*complains about out of date references on Raw

*complains about topical references on Raw*

I.....It's almost like lovely references in general should be excluded!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

You really think there won't be a segment tonight that parodies it on RAW? vince wont be able to resist that poo poo

as if Vince is even aware the Oscars were on.

e: perhaps he caught one of his employees watching it and got mad they weren't watching a back episode of the Slammies on WWE Network

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Do people honestly think the Hardys are suddenly going to drop the gimmick that's brought them the most success if they return to WWE?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doing pretty well I guess on a show 6 people watch is not their most success.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm just having a hard time seeing Matt Hardy suddenly become unbroken I guess :shrug:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Doing pretty well I guess on a show 6 people watch is not their most success.

all of their dumb video confrontations have had a shitload of mainstream appeal even if people don't watch all their TV matches. It's a success in terms of turning their career around and being worth talking about on wrestling sites, media, etc or even being mentioned by other workers

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wazzu posted:

That spear by Roman on Braun looks loving awesome.

More of that Roman, please.

Agreed. Roman should just spear people and leave the talking and wrestling to other people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Do people honestly think the Hardys are suddenly going to drop the gimmick that's brought them the most success if they return to WWE?

No. People think it'll be hosed up when WWE scripts it because even after all these years they still won't willingly let Matt or Jeff book their own stuff

Which considering how quickly it took for them to make New Day boring and run Enzo/Cass through the Earth's core, is absolutely fair to think

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ChrisBTY posted:

Agreed. Roman should just spear people and leave the talking and wrestling to other people.

they should put him in a tag team, maybe a trio

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stephanie mcmahon is going to chant delete and about 2 months later people are already going to be saying the hardys are really boring and bad for the most part. Spicy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That spear looked cool as gently caress but that's because Braun flung himself backwards like a full half second before Roman touched him.

It's actually a pretty good sell. Good job, Braun!

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I want Braun to spear me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just LOL if you think that broken crap is more popular than Team Extreme Hardys

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The Roman Rumble "something has gone wrong" Rock face makes a comeback

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Just LOL if you think that broken crap is more popular than Team Extreme Hardys

the hardys are almost 40 loving years old and they are not gonna do that gimmick again hth

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Beth Phoenix in the HOF is now official

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Beth Phoenix in the HOF is now official

*waits for posts about Beth not deserving it when Donald Trump, Drew Carey & Bob Uecker are in the HoF*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i presume it's a commentary on terrell davis

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

bradzilla posted:

*waits for posts about Beth not deserving it when Donald Trump, Drew Carey & Bob Uecker are in the HoF*

She doesn't deserve it because Sable's not in yet.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

All of those were good nominations for the celebrity wing. Trump made multiple appearances and had a cool moment with a bad match and should definitely have been put in before Dennis Miller wishing he was dead for ten minutes of television.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

feels kinda weird for a woman from that era to make it now

i bet edge had a bit of a hand in this

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Donald Trump did more for the WWE than Beth Phoenix.

Also Sable and Chyna should be inducted before loving Beth Phoenix. Hell, Melina should be inducted before her-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Why is it always news sites like ESPN/TMZ/NBC that "break the news" that someone is going into the Hall of Fame than, say, the WWE making the announcement on RAW?

Is Vince still that hard-up for mainstream press?

• Locked thread