Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Troops voted for Trump by like 80% and they agree that Obama's policy of "if you really have to kill innocents at least try to pretend it was an accident" is far to restrictive of their Japanese cartoon vampire level bloodlust, gently caress them.

Ed Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Not a Children posted:

I don't know many people in the military, so I've gotta ask, what's stopping them from taking this message and just being like "yeah our hands have been tied, we need more people and more funding, TRUMP UNDERSTANDS!"

the military voted for trump bigly. they love the loving poo poo trump says because if trump has his way they would be allowed to go rambo "on the moslems"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Not a Children posted:

I don't know many people in the military, so I've gotta ask, what's stopping them from taking this message and just being like "yeah our hands have been tied, we need more people and more funding, TRUMP UNDERSTANDS!"
the newer people will learn that fighting long and protracted wars these days is going to end very poorly the way their predecessors did during bush, the lifers are :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

teacher_man posted:

no, he's not

He's clearly talking that "the politicians don't let us win the soldiers can win everything!" poo poo the soldiers love to hear.

yeah pretty sure the message they heard loud and clear is "the army sucks right now" regardless of how they rationalize it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Thank god someone is doing something about our depleted military.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

at any rate hoo boy 10% increase in military spending is a colossal waste of dollars and could basically solve a shitload of infrastructure problems but who cares

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/sam_baker/status/836239288815792129

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triple sulk posted:

at any rate hoo boy 10% increase in military spending is a colossal waste of dollars and could basically solve a shitload of infrastructure problems but who cares

it's gonna be great when the dems help it pass because ARE TROOPS

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Trump is an idiot piss baby

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

kaleedity posted:

the black poo poo in well done or overcooked anything is carcinogenic btw

thats why i ask for them to make my chicken strips medium rare

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Maybe the Tortilla Coast can torpedo this like they did with sequester alternatives

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the newer people will learn that fighting long and protracted wars these days is going to end very poorly the way their predecessors did during bush, the lifers are :sigh:

let me know when the majority of the military doesnt vote trump

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

so 54 bill on planes n poo poo and another 25 bill for the wall

pay your taxes donald

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

triple sulk posted:

Infrastructure what now?

Boy we've got jets to build.

MAGA!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Chokes McGee posted:

yeah pretty sure the message they heard loud and clear is "the army sucks right now" regardless of how they rationalize it

no, that's what you heard.

what they heard is "our soldiers should be allowed to go hog wild, even more"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

succ posted:

Trump is an idiot piss baby

:thumbsup:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i prefer my marshmallows medium rare

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agrajag posted:

let me know when the majority of the military doesnt vote trump
i wish the lifers were the majority of the military but lmfao the turnover has gotten so bad since the bush 43 years

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Agrajag posted:

no, that's what you heard.

what they heard is "our soldiers should be allowed to go hog wild, even more"

why do you know what they heard huh

could it be you were sent by them to infiltrate the forums?????

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump doesn't know that 'well-done' refers to the doneness of the steak and instead is ordering it as if to say "bring me your most well done steak, because I only order the very best."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

Why is this the suck zone when we could be the cuck zone?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

magiccarpet posted:

pay your taxes donald

double those two numbers and you might get the true cost, maybe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
having worked in scrap metal, that 20 odd miles of hastily thrown up corrugated aluminum is going to be an amazing boon for the industry in 8 years

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

actually building the wall would be on the tune of maybe like 300 billion at the very least

material costs are bananas

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

zegermans posted:

Uh the Soviets used trained giant squids idiot

obv it'll be the Russian-American empire vs the China-Whale Nation alliance after china liberates whales from japanese oppression

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
turned gay doubling the mil budget and put nuclear warheads in lunar orbit always ready to pound eurasia in the butt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

pay your taxes donald

80 billion for stuff the military doesn't want and a wall that won't work demanded by a draft dodger that hasn't paid taxes in two decades.

There you go democrats. You're welcome.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Question: given that you use unstable isotopes for nuclear weapons, do weapons eventually expire their fissile material, or is that timeline on the order of millions of years?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zegermans posted:

Question: given that you use unstable isotopes for nuclear weapons, do weapons eventually expire their fissile material, or is that timeline on the order of millions of years?

im not a nukuler scientist but im pretty sure the decay is in the millions if not thousands of years

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bloom posted:

obv it'll be the Russian-American empire vs the China-Whale Nation alliance after china liberates whales from japanese oppression
russians will be migrating to the US in droves when russia fully metastasizes into mad max

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Agrajag posted:

im not a nukuler scientist but im pretty sure the decay is in the millions if not thousands of years

i think they drop out of orbit a lil faster

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

bloom posted:

russia and china are already major economic and trading partners, they are also neighbours.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

holy moley he's gonna lose the military base real loving fast

lol no he won't. Facts or policies or what comes out of his mouth don't matter. Authoritarians love strong daddy figures and if he came out tomorrow to say "piss is great and everyone should drink it" the military would have piss distribution trucks deployed within a week. just thousands of soldiers sucking down piss all over the world.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

a vote for trump was literally just a vote for white supremacy. Nothing else. as long as his white supremacy continues his supporters won't give a gently caress about anything else he says or does.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

magiccarpet posted:

i think they drop out of orbit a lil faster

i thought you were talking about the nukuler materiel inside the warheads

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

actually building the wall would be on the tune of maybe like 300 billion at the very least

material costs are bananas

IT JUST GOT TEN FEET HIGHER

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

we need to find a way to fold the vet admin into the pentagon/warfight budget so that every time congress throws money at the dod they can put it toward caring for ptsd and old people

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

the halflifes are hella long

other poo poo will go bad in the missiles before you need to worry about decay id guess

im not a nuclear expert tho just a nuclear enthusiast

i do know a professor of nuclear engineering who i bug with questions from time to time :3:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Vladimir Putin posted:

This makes zero sense. Increased spending and more commitment from allies? Wouldn't increased allied spending lead to less spending from your own military?

Yes, that would cause less spending on military force abroad, but Trump wants the budget for domestic military action. How are you going to round up every immigrant without a crack squad of storm troopers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

Troops voted for Trump by like 80%

Pew Research thinking face.

• Locked thread