Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
I'm right in thinking we'll get a key or something in our total war access dashboard that'll give us access today rather than tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I've been busily mashing F5 and I assume making the situation worse.

by.a.teammate posted:

I'm right in thinking we'll get a key or something in our total war access dashboard that'll give us access today rather than tomorrow?
Yeah meant to be a link or something I think?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yepp

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/836248020706480128

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
DLC just dropped for me, if it helps anyone.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

by.a.teammate posted:

DLC is out now for me, you click on it, it sends you to steam, asks you to login and then to allow it to redeem a key for you.

E: no, constantly asks me to restart TW:W. Bummer.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 27, 2017

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Yeah it now shows up in my list of DLCs but it also reads as "not installed" and I can't find a way to install it :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can we get a mod to reskin the Grail Reliaque knight to be wearing Al Bundys highschool football jersey, and the peasantry shouting his accomplishments versus the hated Polk Highschool on the field?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LuiCypher posted:

Blood Knights are most assuredly not lame as part of a starting army. Yeah, bats are kind of meh but Vargheists are easily my favorite unit for telling artillery to gently caress off and let my skellys have some fun.

Eschatos posted:

I'd kill to start with Vargheists and Blood Knights. Sounds like the best starting lineup for any Vampire. Just raise dead some zombies and you got yourself an army.

Yeah but he always had blood knights. I just remember him having more than a unit of knights, a pair of vagheists and a shitload of bats.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drgnvale posted:

Yeah but he always had blood knights. I just remember him having more than a unit of knights, a pair of vagheists and a shitload of bats.

Like he has no footsoldiers at all? That's definitely new

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

canepazzo posted:

DLC is out now for me, you click on it, it sends you to steam, asks you to login and then to allow it to redeem a key for you.

E: no, constantly asks me to restart TW:W. Bummer.

This is where I'm at now.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

drgnvale posted:

Yeah he had skeletons and zombies, BK, vargheists, one fell bat iirc

They probably crippled his start because without it you could kneecap Mannfred super easily on turn one

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

He starts with two vampires. That's hardly crippled.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ahhh a steam update. My favorite time. A 2gb patch needs 30gb of free space. If Comcast ever gets serious about bandwidth caps I'm gonna be pissed

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Ammanas posted:

Yeah he had skeletons and zombies, BK, vargheists, one fell bat iirc

They probably crippled his start because without it you could kneecap Mannfred super easily on turn one
I gave it a crack and you can just raise dead and cripple him with your vamps on turn 1 anyway because the idiot isn't close enough to defend.

I'm going to laugh when I can't play this until tomorrow when it releases. The link gave me ownership of it but still wants to wait 23 hours to unlock.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

CA you got my email and I got nothing in return? You hosed up! Time for a class action lawsuit

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Some unrelated Bretonnian cool changes from the Patch:

Gelt now gives +10 armour to all forces if you choose him.

The Black Coach looks like a monster machine now:
45 seconds one is "meh" but not bad! +36% charge bonus and +18% charge speed
90 seconds is Imbues fire damage and +36% AP damage (!)
but the 135 one takes the loving cake, +44% Ward Save
and Strider

It now also has 120 damage
before the patch that was 80
30 normal Damage, 90 AP
+20 bonus vs infantry did it have that before?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

LMAO 44 ward save gonna love cheese mp builds all over the place. The gelt thing is nice but keep going CA. They know he sucks, just tweak him more, what could it hurt

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
What? The Black Coach doesn't fly when fully powered up like in tabletop? Goddamit CA, where's my army of invincible flying chariots?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ooooh this is annoying. Lemme waste my entire loving day with a Brett campaign CA. Emailing a dozen lawyers atm.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Really stoked about "Armour effect values for spells and abilities changed from 15/30 to 30/60. Also increased duration for these abilities." The default effect was laughable for the opportunity cost compared to other spells.

I'm currently using Cataph's Closer to TableTop Magic re-balancer (it's pretty conservative with the changes but makes weaker paths more interesting, specific change details here) and I love Cataph's changes to the Lore of Metal. Many spells come with an additional temporary "HotHotHotHot!" armor debuff, and Plague of Rust applies a flat armor debuff to a single unit for the rest of the battle. Cataph, wherever you are, keep it up!

theDOWmustflow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 27, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Wish they had made Isabella early access as well, way more excited about her than some dumb knights.

e; doesn't really matter now with CA messing up the whole thing but still

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

theDOWmustflow posted:

Really stoked about "Armour effect values for spells and abilities changed from 15/30 to 30/60. Also increased duration for these abilities." The default effect was laughable for the opportunity cost compared to other spells.

I'm currently using Cataph's Closer to TableTop Magic re-balancer (it's pretty conservative with the changes but makes weaker paths more interesting) and I love Cataph's changes to the Lore of Metal. Many spells come with an additional temporary "HotHotHotHot!" armor debuff, and Plague of Rust applies a flat armor debuff to a single unit for the rest of the battle. Cataph, wherever you are, keep it up!
I tried this too and it made Gelt more useful, though it really nerfs Runelords/priests abilities.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Runelords are way OP in mp at least. Master Rune of Wrath is insane

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
So I still haven't gotten anything in the total war access inventory for the early access, did I do something wrong or did CA screw something up? Also I do hate the way TW W does patches so much, had to move some games of my SSD cause "30gb free wasn't enough" and now after install is done I have 65gb to spare on the same SSD.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Ammanas posted:

Runelords are way OP in mp at least. Master Rune of Wrath is insane

I'm not much of an MP player or Dwarf player... is it because it's a free and spammable damage spell?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

theDOWmustflow posted:

I'm not much of an MP player or Dwarf player... is it because it's a free and spammable damage spell?

I'm guessing because it is free and affects the entire unit, doing damage over time.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Choyi posted:

So I still haven't gotten anything in the total war access inventory for the early access, did I do something wrong or did CA screw something up?
CA dropped the ball.

Choyi posted:

Also I do hate the way TW W does patches so much, had to move some games of my SSD cause "30gb free wasn't enough" and now after install is done I have 65gb to spare on the same SSD.
Apparently that's a Steam thing but yeah it sucks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Welp, my game updated fast and smoothly but don't have any code to redeem, we'll wait for tomorrow I guess. I'm pumped for some hot heavy cav action.

Edit: Hey guys, the key just got reuploaded in TW:Acces and it works!

GET IN!

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 27, 2017

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Doesn't work for me. I've activated the early access when it came up the last time about an hour ago, and it still hasn't triggered steam to actually do the DL it needs.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah, its working now. Update your game irregardless of having the key, activate in dashboard->steam , start the game. bam brettonia

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker
Still isn't working. Says to restart to access it, but restarting the game does nothing.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Ammanas posted:

Yeah, its working now. Update your game irregardless of having the key, activate in dashboard->steam , start the game. bam brettonia

You're actually in game? I activated it through the early access site but the game crashes whenever I click a Bretonnian faction on the faction selection screen.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm seeing the reuploaded key, too. Gonna try getting it from the in-game Steam browser, see if that works.

Edit: Nope, still borked.

Shame, I was really looking forward to playing this on my day off.

Rogue 7 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 27, 2017

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
It's working for the people who have just redeemed their early access now. Almost everyone who redeemed when it appeared on the dashboard earlier are still locked out.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

PerilPastry posted:

Apparently that's a Steam thing but yeah it sucks.
It's an interaction with Steam and monolithic large datafiles - while Steam does do differential updates, it still backs up everything that's touched in case poo poo explodes. And if everything is in a giant file...or in this case, where a ton of multi-GB files apparently were touched.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Ugh I love-hate seeing these updates, as I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours.

Me by the time I get home today:

Domina Vult you lucky bastards!

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
bah this is annoying, its just sitting there saying its acquired but not installed, is there anyway to force a update or anything like that?

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for Bretonnia but mourning my dead campaign and dreading "find which mod is now causing a CTD" the minigame. I will never ever understand autoupdates instead of a "hey there is an update if you don't know or care what that means we recommend clicking here to get it if you do understand, your choice" button.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
drat, I can't decide between starting as the Fay Enchantress or Louen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

quote:

Hi everyone,

I’m really sorry that we are more than 3 hours late with the start of the Early Access for Bretonnia, it should be up and working now if you visit your Total War Access Dashboard (https://dashboard.totalwar.com).
There’s a chance you might still run into trouble if you were one of the people who grabbed a key already, right when we went live originally. This may mean that you are blocked from getting a new one (Steam thinks you already have it) and will have to wait till the official go-live time tomorrow at 4pm to get it working. Though we are working with Valve to see if we can sort this out faster for you.

I can only apologise if that’s the case, I’m really sorry that you will have to wait a bit longer, especially when you must have been so keen to grab it. I am extremely disappointed that we let you down and turned something cool into a massive pain in the arse.

What went wrong

What happened earlier today was that we pressed the go button a little earlier than 4pm GMT to flush out any bugs and found a big one; Access was dishing out some codes that didn’t give early access, these would just download Bretonnia as normal tomorrow at the full release time.
So we quickly turned off the button in the dashboard that granted keys until we could figure out what was going on. Thankfully, it only took us a couple of hours to secure fresh, correct keys and load them into the system. So all should now be fine and the keys will unlock Bretonnia early as intended.

So why bother?

You might rightly wonder why we’re going to all this trouble, to frankly just annoy people as it might seem.
We’re testing Total War Access at the moment, but the idea long-term is to create an account that connects you with our official website and forums and gives you a bunch of free Total War stuff over time. In return we get your email address so we can contact you (if you let us, you can decide not to).

Of course, we’re intending it to be a good thing, and this was supposed to be a neat test of it, so clearly I’m pretty annoyed that it’s not got off to the best start and I’m furious we’ve let you, our biggest fans, down.
Even for those guys having to wait till official launch time tomorrow to play, we do hope you enjoy Bretonnia in the end. A huge amount of work and love went into it, so we hope you have a great time with it in the end and that makes up a bit for the false start today.
I am crushed it got off to such a bad start, my apologies again from me and the team here.

Bart_CA

Basically you're hosed if you got your code when it was up earlier.

• Locked thread