Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Tell me it's true somebody link him saying it please

sorry guys, he did not say literally, exactly that - I have the news on in the background and I listened in when he was talking about how awful the chicago violence is and how he's going to deport gang members, killers and the like, as well as backing up chicagos police by giving them money and equipment and stuff.

he was however, saying that "america doesn't win wars, and we need to win more wars" and stuff.

edit - sorry for the false lols people. in other news though, Trump plans to pay for all of his ideas by "finding savings" which means "making better deals". It is currently being laughed at for being totally unrealistic.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Tumble posted:

.. he's going to deport gang members..

To Mexico I assume?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
ha ha you guys are absolutely going to war with iran and or china

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we arent goin to war with china because we would loving lose even if we won

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

thathonkey posted:

and this is the reason you are 100% for sure going to war with china because lol trump is president

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

thathonkey posted:

Thank me later!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
"more wars imo" - draft dodger

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
please someone teach the potus about mutually assured destruction

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Even an idiot can see there's going to be a deliberate accident in the South China Sea

I'm stocking up on cheap iPhone accessory crap just in case

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

my new dog posted:

please someone teach the potus about mutually assured destruction

dont worry china will lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this morning I read an interview with W Bush and I was thinking "huh this guy seems super reasonable and good" this is what it has come to

l

m

a

o

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Moridin920 posted:

this morning I read an interview with W Bush and I was thinking "huh this guy seems super reasonable and good" this is what it has come to

l

m

a

o

right?

lmao indeed

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Dubya: the voice of reason of the Republican party

lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
save us koch brothers mitch mcconell mad dog mattis george dubya bush

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

my new dog posted:

"more wars imo" - draft dodger

lol trump is a chickenhawk

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Moridin920 posted:

l

m

a

o

Bush has always been reasonable and good. He has always been a nice (but not very smart) guy who wants to do whats best. However when he was in office, he didn't run the contry if you will remember.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im lollin but like the way you would lol if you were in a horse drawn carriage waiting to be beheaded in front of a bunch of smelly french people in 1700s france

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
feel free to stop me if i'm blowing some minds here, but i don't think this Trump fellow is very good *smokes pipe introspectively*

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
is it one of those pipes that blows bubbles

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

XMNN posted:

is it one of those pipes that blows bubbles

is there some other pipe I'm not aware of?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Moridin920 posted:

l

m

a

o

I was thinking about getting a GWB billboard that says "miss me yet" and I lol'ed because I actually do lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Jose posted:

Donald Trump of all people destroyed 2 political dynasties when getting elected lol

It'll be 3 or even more, eventually, if you count the fact that he'll most likely nuke some country or another

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

do u know jenny posted:

You would be correct. This is literally a scene in the 2005 comedy "Waiting..." with Ryan Reynolds and Justin Long, to show what an rear end in a top hat the hillbilly customer is.

jesus christ :cripes:

our president isn't even just a dumbass he's a living breathing caricature of one lol

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Trump would be an unrealistic character in a straight-to-video live action Richie-Rich movie.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Lol status: achieved.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Captain Yossarian posted:

I was thinking about getting a GWB billboard that says "miss me yet" and I lol'ed because I actually do lol

Lol, but let's be real here: GWB invaded Iraq in an unprovoked move and that is a big, big factor in the mess the world is in right now.
And GWB managed to get the majority to support his policies, which tRump decidedly can not.
If tRump wants to invade say Iran I wouldn't be surprised if the armed forces asked the Constitutional Court for some ruling saying they don't have to.

You guys have a Constitutional court right?
Lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
no the democratically elected president of the united states donald j trump is our commander in chief

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Invading Iran would make the Iraq war look like a major success lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Havafap posted:

If tRump wants to invade say Iran I wouldn't be surprised if the armed forces asked the Constitutional Court for some ruling saying they don't have to.

You guys have a Constitutional court right?
Lol

Any court we have can throw something out based on constitutional stuff, we don't have a specific 'constitutional court' no. You just have to sue the gov't alleging your rights have been violated. If you don't like a court ruling you can appeal through several levels of higher courts, the Supreme Court being the end all be all 'what we say goes.' They aren't obligated to take every case, though, so often they will decline the appeal meaning the last court's judgement will stand.

For example, Trump's immigration executive order was blocked by federal district judges based on constitutional issues.

I don't *think* the military can sue the government but I'm not sure at all about that. They can refuse orders they think are unlawful but I don't think it would happen outside of a specific "go to this town and exterminate everyone" order. The president is the commander-in-chief + has a lot of leeway in that regard. The military is supposed to refuse unlawful orders but in practice refusing an order to attack Iran would require basically most of the Pentagon telling Trump no which is p doubtful.

e: If you care for US political history, the check/balance on that is supposed to be Congress who hold the sole right to declare war - thus preventing the President from just invading people for no reason. Unfortunately the last few decades (including back to Korea/Vietnam) have blurred that line. The president can simply say "well we aren't declaring war this is simply a police action" and start a war and then (iirc) Congress has 30 days to declare war slash authorize military action or the President has to withdraw US forces. Ofc in practice once you're a month into an invasion...

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 27, 2017

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Am I being naive or too hopeful in thinking there wouldn't be enough appetite, even amongst the most jingoistic military and their families in sending another crop of young Americans to go die in the desert for some utterly arbitrary cause for the third time in two decades?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Butterfly Valley posted:

Am I being naive or too hopeful in thinking there wouldn't be enough jingoistic appetite even amongst the military and their families in sending another crop of young Americans to go die in the desert for some utterly arbitrary cause for the third time in two decades?

Yeah, unfortunately.

I think public sentiment would turn against it very quickly once it becomes obvious Iran is an even worse quagmire than Afghanistan/Iraq but there's def enough jingoism there to start the thing off in the first place for sure.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 27, 2017

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/836264622973931521

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol lol lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Am I being naive or too hopeful in thinking there wouldn't be enough appetite, even amongst the most jingoistic military and their families in sending another crop of young Americans to go die in the desert for some utterly arbitrary cause for the third time in two decades?

Trump has talked about it enough that its a possibility and invading Iran would be a complete train wreck for a bunch of reasons lol. The US might not even win it without dropping a nuke lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know what winning that war even looks like. Occupation would make Afghanistan/Iraq look like a cakewalk and anything short of that accomplishes nothing at all really.

I guess yeah just glass the whole place but then pretty much we are turning into a world pariah on the level of NK and we'd lose all moral grounding to be telling other countries not to develop nuclear weapons and other poo poo.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

so Breibart and Infowars.com are going to be the only news sources allowed to ask questions at the White House soon

L

O

L

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

lorn Wayne posted:

feel free to stop me if i'm blowing some minds here, but i don't think this Trump fellow is very good *smokes pipe introspectively*

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Well I mean there's nothing to 'win', the previous wars at the very least had some catchy easily digestible aims for your average dumb gently caress to swallow, as hollow and bullshit as they were. Even the hawkiest military commanders he has must know well enough that it would be an unmitigated disaster beyond even Vietnam. Right? Lol?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I don't know what winning that war even looks like. Occupation would make Afghanistan/Iraq look like a cakewalk and anything short of that accomplishes nothing at all really.

I guess yeah just glass the whole place but then pretty much we are turning into a world pariah on the level of NK and we'd lose all moral grounding to be telling other countries not to develop nuclear weapons and other poo poo.

Take their oil, something Mattis was forced to say they wouldn't do after trump said they should lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
What loving dimension are we living in when we are looking to George W. Bush for sanity and reason