Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

HA Dratini were frequent wonder trade material in the first two months of the game. It's just like with Beast Ball Beldums, just one person needs to catch one to spread the love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

iospace posted:

How long did you have to farm SOS battles to get a multiscale Dragonite :stare:

Also, what was the Mimikyu setup you used, because I wanna farm BP to get at least some items.

No time at all. I had multiple sources of them. The one I bred from I got from a trade (in a Love Ball) but I had plenty in Bank in Dream Balls if I wanted to go that route.

Anyway, my Mimikyu is not very fancy:

Mimikyu @Focus Sash
Jolly, Disguise
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP

Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Leech Life
Swords Dance

Mine's in a Luxury Ball for fashion.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
After extensive testing I feel comfortable saying that even on a trick room team Crabomible is bad

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dienes posted:

Explosion/SD is a pretty bad idea since 1) teams will use Protect a lot, 2) the damage of Explosion/SD is nerfed significantly in that format, and 3) your own KOd pokemon count heavily against you.

Probably just looking to make battles as quick as possible I guess, since you still get a BP or two even if you lose

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hammerite posted:

Probably just looking to make battles as quick as possible I guess, since you still get a BP or two even if you lose

I just want to get it over with to get the cool pose

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Was trying to chain for an analytic Staryu, but found this guy instead after about 15 calls.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's gorgeous.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And someone sent over a shiney, pokerus'ed sandygast with its hidden ability to me. I'll probably never use it (maybe), but I'll take it anyway.

And yes, it probably was a failed breeding attempt, but whatever. I find it cool.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

OgreNoah posted:

Was trying to chain for an analytic Staryu, but found this guy instead after about 15 calls.

I'm trying to figure out what purpose Analytic would even have on starmie.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

I'm trying to figure out what purpose Analytic would even have on starmie.

if you give it a minus speed nature and the worst IV's it might be able to be outsped by something, and man won't your opponent be surprised when they one shot your starmie because you thought this was a good idea

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

or if you made it fat enough to tank a priority move that they weren't expecting it to survive maybe?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Analytic works on switch-ins as well, so any time you force a switch it's bonus damage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

analytic starmie is v good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Analytic works on switch-ins as well, so any time you force a switch it's bonus damage.

ooooh that is actually good, i did not know that worked

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

NOW WHO LOOKS FOOLISH

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So Japan's having an Easter event where you can get an egg with Mareanie, Turtonator, Oranguru, Passimian, Drampa and Goomy. What are the chances that they'll have something special such as having their hidden abilities?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Does anyone have a spare Groudon, Kyrogre, Rayquaza and a Yveltal?

My buddy had a new baby boy recently, so I bought him a 2DS and a copy of Moon as a baby shower gift :3:

Ah! But he started out his journey back during the Gen III days, so he really digs the Weather Trio legendaries and can't get them in SuMo. He also digs the hell out of Yveltal, I think it's his favorite legendary. Wanted to trade him these guys to make his day.

It's a tall order, but can anyone help a guy out?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

NQRG-WWWW-WWW5-MERU

Perish Song is not a toy, kids.

Also I've climbed back from 0-5 to 5-6 for this event somehow. Ditching the Mega Primarina plan and just opening with Mimikyu and Muk-A a bunch probably helped.

e: 6-6 now with my opponent forfeiting on the first turn. Huh.

It wasn't even like it was a particularly bad matchup, they had Dugrtio-A and Lycanroc-midnight against my Mimikyu and Muk-A. Dugtrio-A could've done a serious number on those two.

e2: 7-6. Seems like a good point to stop ;).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 26, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Does anyone have a spare Groudon, Kyrogre, Rayquaza and a Yveltal?

My buddy had a new baby boy recently, so I bought him a 2DS and a copy of Moon as a baby shower gift :3:

Ah! But he started out his journey back during the Gen III days, so he really digs the Weather Trio legendaries and can't get them in SuMo. He also digs the hell out of Yveltal, I think it's his favorite legendary. Wanted to trade him these guys to make his day.

It's a tall order, but can anyone help a guy out?

I read this at first as that you had gotten the game for the baby, and I was very confused as to a) why you thought that would be a good idea and b) what kind of time warp shenanigans this baby was up to playing in gen 3 :confuoot:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Someone want to explain to me why everyone requesting link trades in the plaza is just there to masturbate over their hacked legendaries?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AlternateNu posted:

Someone want to explain to me why everyone requesting link trades in the plaza is just there to masturbate over their hacked legendaries?

Yes

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AlternateNu posted:

Because they want to show off their hacked legendaries. It's that simple really.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Countblanc posted:

Oh nice, like a weaker Stakeout. Might be better than natural cure for this then.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So did they finally figure out how to ban hacked pokemon yet or am I still able to alter EV/IVs/Shinies with impunity and throw them in the wondertrade?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can still do that.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

And I'm still stuck at 1-3 because I cannot get a damned opponent despite trying multiple times at all hours of the day. Cripes, at least I made the cut-off for the participation award.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is there any advantage to having more than one flame body pokemon while hatching or is it the same rate as one?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

iospace posted:

Is there any advantage to having more than one flame body pokemon while hatching or is it the same rate as one?

It doesn't stack.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theta Zero posted:

It doesn't stack.

What I figured, thanks!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've been trying to hatch a male 6IV Ralts for a friend of mine for days now, and I cry every time I see the "Fantastic" surrounded by "Best".

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I understand the desire to present someone with perfect IVs, but Fantastic vs. Best is just a 30 IV vs. 31. Literally a 1 point stat difference at level 50.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
At level 50, there is functionally no difference between fantastic and best. Unless you EV train the stat, in which case that will screw with the stat.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rangpur posted:

I understand the desire to present someone with perfect IVs, but Fantastic vs. Best is just a 30 IV vs. 31. Literally a 1 point stat difference at level 50.

That and it's not gonna use one of its attack stats depending on what you turn it into.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Can rockslide be nerfed yesterday please?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I know that in terms of game mechanics, it doesn't need to be completely perfect. But, in terms of the actual thing he asked for, yes it has to be perfect. It's kind of a weird thing, but it's a representation of a particular character, made by the kind of jerk that doesn't think 5IV, one 30 is good enough. I'm becoming that jerk.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Alxprit posted:

I know that in terms of game mechanics, it doesn't need to be completely perfect. But, in terms of the actual thing he asked for, yes it has to be perfect. It's kind of a weird thing, but it's a representation of a particular character, made by the kind of jerk that doesn't think 5IV, one 30 is good enough. I'm becoming that jerk.

they added hyper training so that you don't have to do this any more.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hammerite posted:

they added hyper training so that you don't have to do this any more.

I think breeding 6ivs is faster than hypertraining 1 but what do I know

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

FishBulb posted:

I don't know, because I haven't even attempted to work it out, whether it's faster on average. Hyper training is deterministic and therefore, to me, superior on the grounds of being less frustrating. That's a subjective view, and if you disagree then I respect it even though I can't fathom why you would want to grind out all those eggs in order to get the perfect one, when you might get unlucky and be doing it for hours only to be no closer to what you were aiming for than when you started.

Plus any mons I breed are my friends and I want to train them up to be level 100 anyway, so it is of no importance that being level 100 is a prerequisite.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Training to 100 is what seems to take the time. The Festival Plaza malarky too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Way faster. Bottle caps are not super abundant and if you've got 6IV dittos it's super easy to get the correct 5IVs or even 6IVs. Getting to 100 takes so long now that Blissey Hidden Bases are no more.