Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yes. It seems they club their players on the feet and legs with it

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/836204831786303494
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/836210402002366464

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Embiid continuing to miss time will make the rookie of the year voting more interesting. Saric is continuing to improve and after Embiid it's probably between Brogdon and him. With the injury situation and roster moves, Saric is going to get a ton of opportunity to increase his counting stats, and also Brogdon has been nice but you very rarely hear people talk about him it seems like. Depending on how much Embiid plays the rest of the way I'd probably say Saric is the frontrunner to win it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Is there any reason to waive Brandon Jennings instead of Derrick Rose?

In my head this season doesn't make any sense except as a plan to appease fans while secretly tanking

Also Jennings has a -2.5 BPM while Rose is -2.6 and they both look bad out there, although I vastly prefer Jennings' badness for whatever reason.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jota posted:

Embiid continuing to miss time will make the rookie of the year voting more interesting. Saric is continuing to improve and after Embiid it's probably between Brogdon and him. With the injury situation and roster moves, Saric is going to get a ton of opportunity to increase his counting stats, and also Brogdon has been nice but you very rarely hear people talk about him it seems like. Depending on how much Embiid plays the rest of the way I'd probably say Saric is the frontrunner to win it.

Jaylen Brown hit a game winner a few nights ago so that'll help his narrative. edit3: last night?
edit: https://streamable.com/gbb4w
I really like the way he moves, very little wasted movement, a bit like Kawhi.
edit2: he can't be a star until he cuts his hair tho

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

All the beat reporters are reporting Embiid is out indef.

Also Simmons had poo poo injected into his foot .

What a franchise.

Embiid had lower extremity problems before he was drafted, that's why the 76ers got him where they did. All you can do is be cautious about his play and give him a minute limit, both things the 76ers definitely did. I don't think you can put Embiid on them at all.

I dunno whats going on with Simmons. Maybe it's just being overly cautious or maybe his foot is bunk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
can someone please make this avatar size

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

EvanTH posted:

In my head this season doesn't make any sense except as a plan to appease fans while secretly tanking

Also Jennings has a -2.5 BPM while Rose is -2.6 and they both look bad out there, although I vastly prefer Jennings' badness for whatever reason.

Waiving Rose would be Phil admitting he made a huge mistake. By waiting until the summer they can say something like "we couldn't agree on a number" when Rose signs elsewhere.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jota posted:

The last time someone won ROY without having the most total points it was Derrick Rose, and even then he was behind OJ Mayo by like 20 points.

Right now that's Saric, but Brogdon and Hield are not far behind. If Buddy gets the green light and starts bombing I can see him taking it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

Jaylen Brown hit a game winner a few nights ago so that'll help his narrative. edit3: last night?

No way, he is bringing back the rear end-hugging short shorts and hightop fades.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

I really like how he's been playing in crunch time. He's been steadily getting more and more reliable. The boy will be alright

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Embiid had lower extremity problems before he was drafted, that's why the 76ers got him where they did. All you can do is be cautious about his play and give him a minute limit, both things the 76ers definitely did. I don't think you can put Embiid on them at all.

I dunno whats going on with Simmons. Maybe it's just being overly cautious or maybe his foot is bunk.

I don't think they handled Embiid wrong and agree they were very cautious with him, I think they've just annoyed a lot of people with how they've handled the information regarding the health of different players over the past year.

Like Bayless got hurt at the beginning of the season and was supposed to miss a month, then he's out for the year. Simmons is said to be out 2-3 months then he's out for the year. Embiid is out with a bone bruise and then it also turns out they've known he has a tear in his meniscus for like three weeks and haven't said anything about it. That type of stuff has all just added up.

Basically every time someone on the Sixers gets hurt, it seems to end up a worst case scenario where they miss even more time than was originally predicted. Not 100% the team's fault but it's going to get some fans a little upset anyway.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

This is why you don't get rid of Noel.

:commissar:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jota posted:

I don't think they handled Embiid wrong and agree they were very cautious with him, I think they've just annoyed a lot of people with how they've handled the information regarding the health of different players over the past year.

Like Bayless got hurt at the beginning of the season and was supposed to miss a month, then he's out for the year. Simmons is said to be out 2-3 months then he's out for the year. Embiid is out with a bone bruise and then it also turns out they've known he has a tear in his meniscus for like three weeks and haven't said anything about it. That type of stuff has all just added up.

Basically every time someone on the Sixers gets hurt, it seems to end up a worst case scenario where they miss even more time than was originally predicted. Not 100% the team's fault but it's going to get some fans a little upset anyway.

Don't forget Bynum

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Jota posted:

Putting Embiid into a game because it's nationally televised when it was clear he wasn't 100% was not a smart decision.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone says he had no swelling before that game

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

The Pels were pulling the same poo poo under Benson up until this season. Their timelines were actually correct on Tyreke and they let everyone know about Pondexter being out for the season a month before his scheduled return. Fan base isn't nearly as angry at them about the injuries this season, as a result of being more forthcoming.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well Embiid played less games than I thought but more minutes per gam and was much better than I could have imagined

So I'm saying that was a good rookie year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

Everyone says he had no swelling before that game

Because he was injured during that game. He went to the locker room during the Rockets game, came back, played on his bum knee, went back to the locker room and died there

gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Because he was injured during that game. He went to the locker room during the Rockets game, came back, played on his bum knee, went back to the locker room and died there

gently caress

Meniscus may have been preexisting no one knows.

We will know more after this MRI

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

woj reporting this is exactly it

and I just guessed without any inside sources!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I guess you shouldn't practice barefoot with no padding to protect yourself, who knew

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
How surprising (or not) would it be if the Sixers announce during the summer that they are going to hold Embiid out for the 2017-18 season?

Will Embiid have played 82 games before the Sixers decide whether or not they are going to offer him a max contract?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jota posted:

It's pretty impressive how the entire city was so excited about the Sixers after January and then how Colangelo's handling of Embiid and Simmons' injuries and the Okafor trade situation basically turned everyone against him in under a month.

hahah

Colangelo had built up some good will by basically doing almost nothing and therefore not making any huge blunders. But now his best move, trading for Ilyasova, has turned into a few 2nd round picks and he traded an NBA starting center for a poor man's Robert Covington who couldn't get off the bench on a team with one of the worst records in the west.

But the thing that really makes me question his competence is that fake 1st round pick he had Dallas include in the Noel trade. The Sixers announced that trade as "Noel for a protected first round pick and..." when they knew that was bullshit. Who was Colangelo trying to fool? Did he really think that would get past Philly sportswriters and fans? Did that kind of poo poo actually work in Toronto? I'm embarrassed for him.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 27, 2017

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cool Buff Man posted:

I really like how he's been playing in crunch time. He's been steadily getting more and more reliable. The boy will be alright

He really needs to stop missing layups though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jennings release coincides with Noah being out for the rest of the season which means it took Noah being out for the rest of the season to officially start tanking.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lmao the Knicks signed Joakhim Noah to a long term deal lmao

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jota posted:

Christ.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Isola saying Rose might be let go as well. LOL, my franchise.

Should've just kept Robin Lopez.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wish Phil will get let go

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Boosh! posted:

Should've just kept Robin Lopez.

This has been true for every team he has left, so far.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lmao the Knicks signed Joakhim Noah to a long term deal lmao

:lol:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

He's right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I wish Phil will get let go

Isn't his K done after this year

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wish, he's got 2 more seasons

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NotWearingPants posted:

and I just guessed without any inside sources!

Yah that was a pretty good call. I'm impressed!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That's fine, it's just an awful year for rookies.

Hell I'd still probably vote for Embiid over Saric even if Saric ends up with 3x the minutes.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Just saw this beautiful collage for the first time, it's very large so I'm timging, best viewed full screen:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If Derrick Rose is waived they literally will have 0 point guards on their roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

If Derrick Rose is waived they literally will have 0 point guards on their roster.

RON BAKER HEART BREAKER

• Locked thread