Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Batterypowered7 posted:

Honestly though, no trollin'. Show of hands, how many of you are picking up the Switch?

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I noticed last week that Amazon had the NES Classic in stock for prime members only and it sold out in a few hours and all they have now are 3x marked up resold units. Is Nintendo incapable of mass producing something made with some random cheap rear end parts that probably has ridiculous profit margin?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

I noticed last week that Amazon had the NES Classic in stock for prime members only and it sold out in a few hours and all they have now are 3x marked up resold units. Is Nintendo incapable of mass producing something made with some random cheap rear end parts that probably has ridiculous profit margin?

nintendo is really bad at business

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Rape Stink posted:

Nintendo just needs to develop more of their first party IP. Why the gently caress is switch not launching with a Mario game, a metroid game, a pilotwings game, a DK game, an F zero game, and a Kirby game? That poo poo would sell a trillion units at launch

Because they are following the wildly successful WiiU model of only releasing one good exclusive every 8-12 months.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol if you actually want to buy NES Classic.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
sometimes i think i would like to play an old game then i realize they are really ugly and bad

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

sometimes i think i would like to play an old game then i realize they are really ugly and bad

Yeah the original Duke nukum side scroller is just so uuuuugly I much prefer the vistas and eyegasms of skirim and overwatch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Can I watch old QI on it?

Qi is trash now that Steven Fry is gone :(

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Paladinus posted:

Lol if you actually want to buy NES Classic.

Just emulate that poo poo on your Wii, WiiU, PS3, PC, Raspberry Pi, Android phone or whatever.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
look if it isn't indie, built by no more than 1 person and exceeding its kickstarter goal by at least 800% i don't wanna know.

god is that so much?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Rutibex posted:

Qi is trash now that Steven Fry is gone :(

QI is still awesome and Sandi is cool and good. Also, his name is Stephen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

Just emulate that poo poo on your Wii, WiiU, PS3, PC, Raspberry Pi, Android phone or whatever.

i want to emulate it on the NES Classic :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vKP0qttk0

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

playing metroid prime right now and it's awesome

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
More like Metroid Crime Against Gaming.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Because it's criminally good.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Professor SJW posted:

nintendo is really bad at business

You'd think being this horribly awful at business they'd have screwed up enough to be forced out of it some time in the last 100 years

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

from the switch reddit LOL

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Just purchased my Wii U and getting excited to play Breath of the Wild and other great Nintendo exlusive games like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hey guys let me get a bunch of posters framed for a video game i've never even played before and put them in my workplace, this is what normal adults do

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the nes minis wired controller has a cord thats like 4 feet long because they want you to have no choice but to sit on the floor right in front of the tv for ultra nostalgia and also to save them 50 cents per system

meanwhile if you emulate you can do crazy poo poo like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9UO0x_4EsA

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I wanna jack off to the new zelda game haha what a day to be alive

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Teikanmi posted:

This is exactly the kind of thing that gives us hardcore gamers a bad name. I hate Nintendo for making this kind of poo poo acceptable in the eyes of their fans

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

This is exactly the kind of thing that gives us hardcore gamers a bad name.

loving lol

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

kikkelivelho posted:

You joke, but there's definitely some truth to the idea that Nintendo has failed to adapt to the growths and changes of the gaming scene. They still seem to think that games are the electronic toys of the early 90s and that the people playing their products are young teenage boys with little intellectual capacity. The modern gaming landscape is dominated by Sony because of titles like the Last of Us. Modern gamers want their games to not only test their skills but to also make them think and that's something that Nintendo absolutely doesn't want to do.

Either the Nintendo themselves are afraid of handling more complex subjects or they think their core audience can't handle darker and more complex stories and worlds. Either way Nintendo is stuck creating games with very black and white simple to understand ideas and concepts and it seems to be causing damage in terms of sales. You can also see this unwillingness to change and improve in their hardware decisions. Sony and Microsoft are constantly offering gamers better ways to experience their games while Nintendo is stuck working on terrible last gen hardware. IMO the gaming market is no place for such conservative and regressive strategies.

Yeah I wish more media would cover deep complex themes like the zombie apocalypse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

hey guys let me get a bunch of posters framed for a video game i've never even played before and put them in my workplace, this is what normal adults do

While I agree, I want to give this man credit for actually framing two of them which I frankly wasnt expecting.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

i've dedicated 3 pages on my resume to hardcore gamer achievements.

*puts up 40 SA ads offering resume services*

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I can walk through the woods and get lost in caves irl so Zelda is dumb

I can't have sex irl so that's why i prefer more mature games like mass effect

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Teikanmi posted:

I cannot imagine how insufferable this person is to deal with / work with

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

Is this someone's office done in a Zelda style or does someone have a gaming room with the cheapest office furniture and a office style dropped ceiling?
I'm having difficulty parsing what kind of person brings framed posters to the office.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Literally every office I've ever been in has some dumb motivational poster framed and hung?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

SeXReX posted:

Literally every office I've ever been in has some dumb motivational poster framed and hung?

People don't bring those from home. And honestly i haven't seen those in years.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

NihilismNow posted:

Is this someone's office done in a Zelda style or does someone have a gaming room with the cheapest office furniture and a office style dropped ceiling?
I'm having difficulty parsing what kind of person brings framed posters to the office.

Also the door is behind where turdlord stands at his computer so when people walk in his back is turned to them which is loving dumb, unprofessional, and eternally gay

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
maybe he works for Nintendo

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

NihilismNow posted:

People don't bring those from home. And honestly i haven't seen those in years.

*sheepishly takes down and burns 'hang in there baby' cat from wall*

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The things other people spend their money on that don't harm anyone else occupy a large portion of my thoughts

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

maybe he works for Nintendo

Maybe his uncle does.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
So is the switch a big smartphone or a small tv?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeXReX posted:

The things other people spend their money on that don't harm anyone else occupy a large portion of my thoughts

look at this guy caring about people making fun of nerds

How many switches did you preorder?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bad Llama posted:

Neither

It's a giant piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Llama posted:

Yes.

• Locked thread