Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The confusing part is that if they had such a genuinely similar policy intent to Corbyn/McDonnell one wonders why they were in such hysterics about the prospect of Corbyn winning the leadership by... advertising their own policies?

I have a suspicion that the policy would have ended up rather more towards austerity in practice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

There were rumous that Ed M was initially pretty excited about Corbyn.

That doesn't mean the PLP as a whole was, though. A lot of them thought Miliband was a rubbish leader, but they kept relatively quiet about it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Come back Big Tone. Time to put some stick about.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Clive Lewis is the 10/3 favourite followed by Keith stammer

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Pissflaps posted:

He'd have to pull it out of your mouth first, comrade.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Big Tone should gently caress off to Iraq or Afghanistan or Syria on some Ambassadorial trip and get blown up by an IED.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Big Tone and Gordon "Son of the Manse" Brown should reconcile and return to save the labour party from itself

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

You're pathetic. Reduced to asking a war criminal to make things right. Sod yourself off. Grab yourself by the collar and throw yourself out into the darkness. Bad lovely man.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
remember when the last labour government against the wishes of its advisers reclassified weed to B after they themselves made it class C lol

Regarde Aduck posted:

You're pathetic. Reduced to asking a war criminal to make things right. Sod yourself off. Grab yourself by the collar and throw yourself out into the darkness. Bad lovely man.

millions dead is worth it to pissflaps if labour win the election

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dead Goon posted:

Big Tone should gently caress off to Iraq or Afghanistan or Syria
How soon his impeccable record as Middle East Peace Envoy is forgotten :(

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/27/john-major-attacks-government-over-approach-to-brexit

“I have watched with growing concern as the British people have been led to expect a future that seems to be unreal and over-optimistic,” Major said, speaking at the Chatham House thinktank. “Obstacles are brushed aside as of no consequence, whilst opportunities are inflated beyond any reasonable expectation of delivery.”

He urged May’s government to be “realistic about the timescale and complexity of the huge undertaking that lies ahead”.

May has struck a combative tone in advance of the critical talks, pledging to deliver a “red, white and blue Brexit” and warning the other 27 EU member states that Britain will fight back by cutting tax and regulation if it is offered a poor deal.

But Major urged the government to take a more emollient approach. “In my own experience, the most successful results are obtained when talks are conducted with goodwill,” he said. “It is much easier to reach agreement with a friend than a quarrelsome neighbour.

“Behind the diplomatic civilities, the atmosphere is already sour. A little more charm, and a lot less cheap rhetoric, would do much to protect the UK’s interests.”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
imagine the government hadn't spunked £20bn minimum on the iraq/afghanistan wars

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Pissflaps posted:

unironically cheering for a genocidal maniac. It's nice to know you simply couldn't give a poo poo about humanity.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Don't forget that he also openly said he talked to god about his decisions on wars. I dont know about you but I dont want religious people in charge, they get a bit weird

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Emotions are running high in the Centre Left Megathread.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Tony Blair had some good ideas i think

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

can you name a more iconic duo?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

can you name a more iconic duo?

Ant and Dec.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Seaside Loafer posted:

Don't forget that he also openly said he talked to god about his decisions on wars.

I don't think this is true

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

namesake posted:

Ant and Dec.

'Who?' -Jeremy Corbyn

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Pissflaps posted:

'Who?' -Jeremy Corbyn

:golfclap:

edit:

Pissflaps posted:

You know fine well this is the UK Marxism thread. :colbert:

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 27, 2017

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Maybe you should post in that thread instead

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ljLPZEfjs&t=6s

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Looks like the Corbyn movie is already out ?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Looks like the Corbyn movie is already out ?

The trident movie

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

remember when the last labour government against the wishes of its advisers reclassified weed to B after they themselves made it class C lol
Remember when they banned mephedrone and half their advisory team were fired or walked out after trying to involve scientific evidence in the process and then cocaine deaths, which had been at a record recent low, shot back up immediately after.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pissflaps posted:

'Who?' -Jeremy Corbyn

Ah poo poo, really set myself up for that.

I even thought about that interview...

Anyway the child sex abuse public inquiry started properly today with the astoundingly racist plan to ship poor white British children to use as slaves and be abused by paedophiles to try and keep Australia white. Operating until 1974. It's weird because I had heard some snippets about the scheme but it just being laid out in public record is really making me just sit down and think about how super hosed up it was as a plan.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Remember when they banned mephedrone and half their advisory team were fired or walked out after trying to involve scientific evidence in the process and then cocaine deaths, which had been at a record recent low, shot back up immediately after.

And yet, Osbourne survived

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

jBrereton posted:

How soon his impeccable record as Middle East Peace Envoy is forgotten :(

Oh, he has already been there?

Stellar job he did then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
rest in jam

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Namtab posted:

And yet, Osbourne survived
He gets the high quality stuff with known assay. Mephedrone extended the same benefit to proles and is therefore terrible.

Remember how we knew the end was coming when the Sun ran headlines about the kid that made up a story about ripping off his own scrotum to get the centipedes out, and the two lads that died of methadone.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dead Goon posted:

Oh, he has already been there?

Stellar job he did then.

He was Middle East Peace Envoy 2007-2015. AFAIK he didn't particularly achieve anything during his tenure, but also didn't directly cause thousands of deaths. So pretty good really.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
In other Prime Minister Emeritus news, good to see that Cameron has been keeping himself busy with worthwhile endeavours.
https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/836294380281606144

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

In other Prime Minister Emeritus news, good to see that Cameron has been keeping himself busy with worthwhile endeavours.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Speaking of Tory former prime minister's, John Major is better at challenging the Tories than Labour

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/836275766715367424

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

That is the most awkward handshake I have ever seen anyone attempt, and I've seen Trump try to dislocate someone's shoulder.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Speaking of Tory former prime minister's, John Major is better at challenging the Tories than Labour

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/836275766715367424

John Major good?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

John Major good?

No but I will admit he's got a better political angle that Labour does right now. Any party which uncompromisingly tries to ignore those that voted Remain will suffer for it and a party which can square the circle and identify and fight for things that both sides want (like better economic conditions for more people, continued easy access for Brits to the rest of the EU) will come out on top. With a large amount of luck if the Tories continue to destroy UKIP and Labour starts hitting that mark then their fortunes will turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

This is good for PigCoin

• Locked thread