Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

zegermans posted:

I really hope Bernie Sanders dies soon so that the left focus on issues instead of a single messianic figure.

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT PETE BUTTIGIEG'S FUNNY-SOUNDING NAME AND WONDERFUL PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

I really hope Bernie Sanders dies soon

not even i say poo poo like this about dread abuela

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

not even i say poo poo like this about dread abuela

is she not already dead

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

is she not already dead

her soul always has been

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

zegermans posted:

I really hope Bernie Sanders dies soon so that the left focus on issues instead of a single messianic figure.

Leftists have a positive opinion of Sanders and defend him to liberals, sure, but in my experience there's less Sanders personality cult among the Left than there is Clinton personality cult among the centrists.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

2020. A crusade has been launched to retake the Holy City of Washington from the Living Devil Trump and his Four Horsemen (Ryan, Bannon, Pence, and Putin). But the allied forces are in disarray, as the Sandersian Orthodox faithful are beset both by the Ellisonian and the Buttigiegian Heresies, and by the Centrists of the Decadent National Committee (who are facing their own internal struggles between the Perezians, the Obamites, and the Clintonians).

And let's not even talk about the time that Stein's mercenaries decided to sack the Democratic Convention instead of going all the way to Washington to fight...

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

unbutthurtable posted:

Leftists have a positive opinion of Sanders and defend him to liberals, sure, but in my experience there's less Sanders personality cult among the Left than there is Clinton personality cult among the centrists.

This is only true because the far left keeps rapidly falling in love with candidates with no research, and then dismissing them as traitors to the cause the first time they fail a purity test.

The centrists won't dismiss someone no matter how many purity tests a politician fails.

If Strom Thurmond had never switched sides, we'd probably have run him for President.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The only part of that post I'm at all proud of, FYI, is "Decadent National Committee".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

so we're still on for primaring bad dems, right?

:downs: "lol nothing matters lol" :downs:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

unbutthurtable posted:

this, bernie was just the vessel for us to project our desires onto. he was smart enough to realize where things were going and it fit well with his career is all.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

i'm a single issue voter, and that single issue is leftism

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

unbutthurtable posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

unbutthurtable posted:

:laffo:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sorry Clinton is not more enjoyable to post about rather than mock :shrug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Both have personality cults. One lost an election. The other lost the country.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

Both have personality cults. One lost an election. The other lost the country.

and now both cults face death together

inshallah

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Former Everything posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean, say what you will, but that's definitely my experience.

Like, this was too real when I read it:
https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/833377928134217728

Which, from the outside, might look a little personality culty, but internally it's waaay more nuanced

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

and now both cults face death together

inshallah

yeah

would've been nice if centrists had shown they were capable of compromise, but they're not.and after their humiliating loss to a spray-tan conman they still think they deserve to run the party.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

yeah

would've been nice if centrists had shown they were capable of compromise, but they're not.and after their humiliating loss to a spray-tan conman they still think they deserve to run the party.

:agreed:

there must be no compromise with centrists

they all need to be purged from the face of the earth before combating trump

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is only true because the far left keeps rapidly falling in love with candidates with no research, and then dismissing them as traitors to the cause the first time they fail a purity test.

The centrists won't dismiss someone no matter how many purity tests a politician fails.

If Strom Thurmond had never switched sides, we'd probably have run him for President.

In fairness, a rapid willingness to dismiss a politician is way, way better than the abject refusal to dismiss them even in light of both their lack of principles and inability to win elections

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
YAS QUEEN

DREAD ABUELA

#IMWITHHER

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

https://twitter.com/hspaulds/status/833898381101694977

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
the trump and bernie personality cults are functionally identical

and its loving hilarious

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the personality cult of 20 year olds and comedians on twitter, versus war criminals, and wealthy former slave-holding families

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the trump and bernie personality cults are functionally identical

and its loving hilarious

Stop posting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/836030340988719104

Lmao Democrats won't give Ellison any power but they sure do like him as a mascot.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

i'd be willing to compromise if centrists were. they aren't, not at least with leftists (they're fine with rich racists tho).

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
ITT internet leftists pretend that there is a loving HILLARY CLINTON CULT in response to criticism about their blind loyalty to everything bernie sanders

just loving LOL forever

a hillary clinton cult!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ITT internet leftists pretend that there is a loving HILLARY CLINTON CULT in response to criticism about their blind loyalty to everything bernie sanders

just loving LOL forever

a hillary clinton cult!

:yikes:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i want to know the same

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

just loving LOL forever

a hillary clinton cult!

now you're cookin' with spirit

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Nonsense posted:

Stop posting.

trump cultists want to watch the world burn because their guy won

bernie cultists want to watch the world burn because (and this isn't a loving joke) the guy who bernie sanders endorsed for DNC chair came in second in a close race

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

just loving LOL forever

a hillary clinton cult!

I could see why you would feel this way if you never talked about politics with anybody over the age of 30 or outside of something awful, 4chan, reddit, etc

but I'm sure you're a smart and informed person who does that

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
ITT centrists admit they are completely fine with a status quo where a black or hispanic person can do everything right (go to college, get an in-demand degree, land a well paying job) yet still make less money and have less wealth than a white dude with a high school diploma lmfao

why are centrists so racist?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gringostar posted:

fighting an uphill battle is hard, doing it while being stabbed in the back is much much harder

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

wizard on a water slide posted:

I could see why you would feel this way if you never talked about politics with anybody over the age of 30 or outside of something awful, 4chan, reddit, etc

but I'm sure you're a smart and informed person who does that

You realize, mr arbiter of who and what other posters are/do/know, that the phrase "ITT" stands for "In This Thread," correct?

I'm laughing at the assertion, in this thread, that there is a Hillary Cult

And since I live and work and function in the real world and am active in my local and state level democratic parties, that poo poo is just loving hilarious

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Terror Sweat posted:

fighting an uphill battle is hard, doing it while being stabbed in the back is much much harder

best to not even try then

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Scent of Worf posted:

ITT centrists admit they are completely fine with a status quo where a black or hispanic person can do everything right (go to college, get an in-demand degree, land a well paying job) yet still make less money and have less wealth than a white dude with a high school diploma lmfao

why are centrists so racist?

just cause they let a minority congressman get attacked by high ranking racists in the dem party doesn''t mean centrists are racists!!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gringostar posted:

best to not even try then

actually you stop the people stabbing you in the back, then put up a unified front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

just cause they let a minority congressman get attacked by high ranking racists in the dem party doesn''t mean centrists are racists!!

an attack by one is an attack by all

• Locked thread