Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I looked in all the spots. Nothing. Tried to kick it off from the PC store, it just downloads a dynamic theme. If I go to the store on the console I get a timer, and eventually an X O prompt is at the bottom but pressing it does nothing. Rolling back off of 4.5 beta to see if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not a chance UHD is coming to a later model.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mordor 2: just keep making rings of power.

Kind of the Star Wars problem of build more death stars. Can't think of a more interesting conceit

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Rolling back off beta did not help at all. I cannot preload/download Horizon. This is poo poo.

[ed]

PlayStation®Store
Purchase
Download
Browse
Search
Redeem Voucher
Affected Platforms:
PS4™ , PS3™ , PS Vita , Web , Other
Affected Services:
You may have some difficulty accessing features and products on the PlayStation®Store. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.

Probably this...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 27, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

Mordor 2: just keep making rings of power.

Kind of the Star Wars problem of build more death stars. Can't think of a more interesting conceit

They made 20

What's one more

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 27, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of save compatibility, I played Witcher 3 a while back and recently bought the Complete Edition with the DLC included. Will my old save work with the CE?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

They made 20

What's one more

They were cheaper in bulk.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Speaking of save compatibility, I played Witcher 3 a while back and recently bought the Complete Edition with the DLC included. Will my old save work with the CE?

Yes. It should on the games part. It could not work due to Sony ID Stuff.

Best answer I can give, sorry

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I've been a console gamer since the NES with some brief forays into PC gaming. I've toyed with the idea of getting a really nice gaming PC, hooking it up to my TV, and using it like a console, but now that I can, I'm not sure if I'd use it much. Anyone do this?

I'm not into fps games and when I look through the top PC games of 2016, half of them wouldn't even require a nice PC to play, which I guess could save me money, but I sort of imagined it as replacing the console for 80% of my gaming at least. Like, I want to be talked into getting a gaming PC, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless I'm into strategy or fps games. Am I wrong?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember thinking the combat in Mordor (and by extension Arkham) was really good, but that was before I played both Souls-type games and Platinum-type games. I wonder if it holds up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jewce posted:

I've been a console gamer since the NES with some brief forays into PC gaming. I've toyed with the idea of getting a really nice gaming PC, hooking it up to my TV, and using it like a console, but now that I can, I'm not sure if I'd use it much. Anyone do this?

I'm not into fps games and when I look through the top PC games of 2016, half of them wouldn't even require a nice PC to play, which I guess could save me money, but I sort of imagined it as replacing the console for 80% of my gaming at least. Like, I want to be talked into getting a gaming PC, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless I'm into strategy or fps games. Am I wrong?

Do you play online a lot? I got a PS4 because EVERYBODY I know has one now. It's not like the days of the PS3/Xbox 360 where you had to pick a side. Everyone I know is playing PS4 now.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jewce posted:

I spent a couple of thousand on a really nice gaming pc 2 years ago and then spent a bunch of time playing Dota 2 and Starcraft.

Then i bought a ps4 and now my gaming pc does a good job of streaming twitch or netflix while I game it up on ps4.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do you play online a lot? I got a PS4 because EVERYBODY I know has one now. It's not like the days of the PS3/Xbox 360 where you had to pick a side. Everyone I know is playing PS4 now.

Early days of Destiny was great because everyone around me bought it on the PS4 on launch. it was pretty much, log in, check if the party has space. join and shoot some aliens.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah, I play online a bit and would definitely keep a console now and in the future for that cause my friends don't use their computers for games.

Ramagamma posted:

I spent a couple of thousand on a really nice gaming pc 2 years ago and then spent a bunch of time playing Dota 2 and Starcraft.

Then i bought a ps4 and now my gaming pc does a good job of streaming twitch or netflix while I game it up on ps4.

Yup, this is what I'm afraid of.

I feel like I know it will happen, but still want a PC for crazy graphics on like a handful of games which is just a waste. I guess I could get a cheaper PC for exclusive indies or whatever and just call it a day.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jewce posted:

I do.

HDMI out and a steam controller. Works great. Odd thread to ask about pc gaming.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I built a gaming PC in late 2014 with the idea of tackling my massive Steam backlog and playing some of the exclusive stuff available for the platform. I quickly discovered that a lot of the games i had on Steam was pretty mediocre stuff which i'd just bought because it was cheap and most of the PC exclusive stuff was a bit poo poo/mediocre.

Honestly, name a good current-ish PC exclusive.

Anything good usually ends up on console and PC doesn't get Bloodbourne, The Last of Us, FF15 etc.

My PC is now a shitposting machine and i use it to play FF14 because you need to play MMOs on PC. I won't be bothering with another gaming PC when this one becomes long in the tooth.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

For the record FFXIV is extremely playable on PS4. I'm a dirty casual and I've done everything but savage content on PS4. And I could probably do that if I had a mind to.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember thinking the combat in Mordor (and by extension Arkham) was really good, but that was before I played both Souls-type games and Platinum-type games. I wonder if it holds up

I mean of course it doesn't. Only Souls types games are good everything else is sub crap

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

SettingSun posted:

For the record FFXIV is extremely playable on PS4. I'm a dirty casual and I've done everything but savage content on PS4. And I could probably do that if I had a mind to.

I actually bought it for PS4 as well and it is playable but it is just so much easier on PC that the PS4 version is a tad pointless for me.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

SettingSun posted:

This. I think the major thing the PC version has over the PS4 version is obviously the graphics (depending on your rig) and chat (assuming you're not using KB/M on the PS4). My wife plays on laptop, I play on PS4, and my load times are way better and my graphics are also better. Her laptop is also lovely and is being replaced with a better rig. I think things will level out from there.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

I built a gaming PC in late 2014 with the idea of tackling my massive Steam backlog and playing some of the exclusive stuff available for the platform. I quickly discovered that a lot of the games i had on Steam was pretty mediocre stuff which i'd just bought because it was cheap and most of the PC exclusive stuff was a bit poo poo/mediocre.

Anything good usually ends up on console and PC doesn't get Bloodbourne, The Last of Us, FF15 etc.

My PC is now a shitposting machine and i use it to play FF14 because you need to play MMOs on PC. I won't be bothering with another gaming PC when this one becomes long in the tooth.

Can't help but echo almost your entire sentiment, can't remember the last pc exclusive I was hyped for. In contrast I've played hours of Last of Us, Destiny and Bloodborne and Uncharted since getting a ps4, with Yakuza, Persona and Nioh to follow.

I'm no xbox basher, owned the OG and 360 but jesus the exclusive games choice they have is depressing, Halo and Forza are the only 2 that I'd buy.

Man, can't wait till my pro arrives tomorrow!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is there any place to get a PS4Pro, online, that's not price-gouged? I checked the usual suspects (Newegg, Amazon) and all they have on offer are from third-party sellers wanting $40 extra. I could go through Best Buy or Gamestop, but it could take a week to get it delivered; no units are in stock locally.

edit: If one can afford it, I think a capable gaming PC + PS4 is the best gaming set up right now. I use my PC for FPS games and multi-platforms, indies, etc. while the PS4 is solely for exclusives, or those with multiplats that perform poorly on PC.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 27, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I stream a game from PS4 with muted audio can I still use a mic or does it just mute everything period.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

If I stream a game from PS4 with muted audio can I still use a mic or does it just mute everything period.

I believe you can still use a microphone but I've never seen it tested.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I believe you can still use a microphone but I've never seen it tested.

Thank you. I guess I'll have to try it live so to speak.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

spudsbuckley posted:

4x games (most recently Civ VI and Endless Legends)
Paradox Games (Stellaris, Hearts of Iron IV, Crusader Kings II)
Traditional RTS games (Most recently the excellent Deserts of Korak)
Total War Series (Warhammer was probably the best game of 2016)
ARPGs that are not Diablo (Path of Exile & Grim Dawn)
DOTA or League (the two most played games on the planet).
The majority of Collectible Card Games
Random PC only indie games like Starsector, Rimworld, Battle Brothers, and Factorio.

The only correct stance is that gaming is currently in a golden age, and you can play excellent games on almost any medium. Just owning a PC or just owning a console would be enough to keep anyone occupied 100% of the time. Owning both is fantastic if you can afford it, and your main issue will be you won't even have the time to play all the good games out there.

Anyone on either extreme that says consoles or PC are defunct without exclusives either isn't aware of the current popular game libraries for each or is being purposefully ignorant.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 27, 2017

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

the yakuza games need the nemesis system and instead of a random nemesis it's really just majima

That's already in Kiwami with the Majima Everywhere system. It isn't as fun as you think because eventually it wears you down and you get tired of fighting Majima constantly.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

^^^Having only played 0, the character turn at the end was a little weird and Im interested but scared to see what they do with him. "Hey ya'll guess Im gonna go gently caress crazy now"

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's already in Kiwami with the Majima Everywhere system. It isn't as fun as you think because eventually it wears you down and you get tired of fighting Majima constantly.

Mr. Shakedown is kind of Nemisisie. But with enough names guys they could have someone come back with lines on his face because I shoved a bike wheel through his face.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 27, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why is my PS4 controller light red

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I apply the Nemesis system IRL by being rude to baristas at Starbucks or bumping into people on the sidewalk in hopes that they will eventually return to provide more of a challenge.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

verbal enema posted:

You're the second controller attached to the system?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

verbal enema posted:

It's gonna blow, run

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bombadilillo posted:

You're the second controller attached to the system?

Oh poo poo this must be because I accidently did profile1 when I booted not my account OK gotcha

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

haveblue posted:

It's gonna blow, run

FIRE FIRE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Megasabin posted:

The only correct stance is that gaming is currently in a golden age, and you can play excellent games on almost any medium.

You can't BE in a golden age. 'Golden Age of'...(games, tv, yo mama jokes) is a retrospective term.

Just as the Golden Age of comic books already happened, and the Golden Age of television already happened, the Golden Age of videogames already happened, too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I apply the Nemesis system IRL by being rude to baristas at Starbucks or bumping into people on the sidewalk in hopes that they will eventually return to provide more of a challenge.

The trick is that this means you are their nemesis and they keep wondering why this weirdo shows up reminding them of the time you bumped into them that they totally forgot about

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Gelded Age of Gaming

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The Gated Age of Gaming

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gaming in the Trump Years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

We're in the Final Age of Gaming because it won't be long before we don't have time or money to spend on big-budget niche entertainment, assuming we're still alive.