Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Be honest because I'm trying to gauge this with my Pops, the ultimate casual fan who hates Bellator. Is this card worth sixty bucks? I want to see Hunt and Wonderboy but everything else seems pretty...meh...

I hate that it is for a fake belt, but I don't know how you can possibly feel "meh" about Ferguson vs Khabib as a fight. I will forgive you for feeling "meh" about Lando Vannata because I think you were declared legally dead around the time of his UFC debut, where he came in under everyone's radar on short notice and kicked the poo poo out of Ferguson for two rounds before gassing. Rashad Evans on a PPV main card is not really something I can comprehend in 2017, so I don't blame you for any ambivalence there, but there is a very live chance that we will get ragdolled and TKO'D by a friendly, elderly, short Australian judoka and that sounds pretty ok to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
There are multiple heavyweight fights throughout the night so yes it is worth sixty dollars.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Captain Log posted:

Be honest because I'm trying to gauge this with my Pops, the ultimate casual fan who hates Bellator. Is this card worth sixty bucks? I want to see Hunt and Wonderboy but everything else seems pretty...meh...

What the gently caress.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Captain Log posted:

I never post but I'm basically in a berserker rage at the thought of someone wondering whether a card with Mark Hunt and Wonderboy is worth buying. If that doesn't sell you on the card, consider these cool nicknames:

BearJew
The Hand Of
Cool Hand

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah my wife and I almost never buy ppv cards because it means getting a babysitter for the kids so we can watch live during the day (:australia:). Last year we got 200 and 205. We're getting this one for sure because the overall quality potential of the fights is through the roof.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Memento posted:

Yeah my wife and I almost never buy ppv cards because it means getting a babysitter for the kids so we can watch live during the day (:australia:). Last year we got 200 and 205. We're getting this one for sure because the overall quality potential of the fights is through the roof.

why don't you just save some money and expose your developing children to the abject cruelty of man live on pay per view

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
They gotta learn sometime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the best card in quite a while. Both title fights should be great.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

why don't you just save some money and expose your developing children to the abject cruelty of man live on pay per view

They already live in a country where everything is venomous and wants to kill them. Give the kids a little bit of a break.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Basic boxing knowledge could one day save their dog from a Roo

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

As someone who's been attacked by a roo, on a long enough timeline, no amount of boxing will save you from them.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dan Didio posted:

As someone who's been attacked by a roo, on a long enough timeline, no amount of boxing will save you from them.

Who would goons think has better jujitsu? A kangaroo or Jake Shields?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I would have to give it to the roo, however Jake Shields has more powerful hind legs and can kick backwards with up to 2000 psi.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Trast posted:

Who would goons think has better jujitsu? A kangaroo or Jake Shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R7DC83XlQ

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Clearly, evidence shows that a kangaroo has greater grappling.

Joe Rogan: " Jake Shields fight was interesting to me. Jake ran out of gas , but still won on a split decision. From a technical standpoint Kangaroo "Roo" had superior grappling and dominated Shields on the ground. This is why you should never let it go to the judges. Here is a kettlebell exercise, I'm going to to cryofreeze myself for 3 minutes."

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/yay_yee/status/836262252051255296

:sad:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the visa people saw the line item that Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov was a Soviet army soldier and immediately had Rocky III flashbacks or something.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Cousin Frodo was also denied a visa

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

coconono posted:

I think the visa people saw the line item that Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov was a Soviet army soldier and immediately had Rocky III flashbacks or something.

Rocky 4 was the Russia one, this should be known because it's t he best one

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7MPbVB0Hbg

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Dan Hardy's breakdown on Khabib vs TFerg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7MPbVB0Hbg

edit: at least I said what it is :argh:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

He's a terrorist

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He's a terrorist

At least he is humble.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I have to overthrow the great Satan. You know this. I don’t want to smash your buildings, I already beat you. You have to give up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The first part of the video Hardy is trying to explain the punch and where it's coming from, but that's just a sambo thing. While it's not exactly the same as fedor's winging hooks, it has the same purpose. It serves a double purpose that if the punch doesn't land exactly right you'll end up with your arm around your opponent and grab a clench. Here's a video that kindof breaks it down. While Khabib's is slightly different than Fedor's style, it's the same style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JISgLclfX3c

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Or save even more money and stream it for free.

Or move to the UK and get it on BT Sport for nowt.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento - will you be doing the March GDT?

Also....

UFC March - So we're throwing spinning poo poo now?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh I also just learned that the old guitarist from Anthrax apparently gave up his secondary career as a luxury watch maker and will be fighting Mark Godbeer at UFC 209.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Oh I also just learned that the old guitarist from Anthrax apparently gave up his secondary career as a luxury watch maker and will be fighting Mark Godbeer at UFC 209.

this sentence of real words is nevertheless surreal in the extreme

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

UFC March-ing To Mediocrity

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CommonShore posted:

I hope this exact sentence is how UFC chooses to promote UFC 209

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CommonShore posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the key sequence that turned Dexter Douglas into Freakazoid

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bluedeanie posted:

I hate that it is for a fake belt, but I don't know how you can possibly feel "meh" about Ferguson vs Khabib as a fight. I will forgive you for feeling "meh" about Lando Vannata because I think you were declared legally dead around the time of his UFC debut, where he came in under everyone's radar on short notice and kicked the poo poo out of Ferguson for two rounds before gassing. Rashad Evans on a PPV main card is not really something I can comprehend in 2017, so I don't blame you for any ambivalence there, but there is a very live chance that we will get ragdolled and TKO'D by a friendly, elderly, short Australian judoka and that sounds pretty ok to me.

Oh gently caress, my brain thought Khabib and El Cucuey (spelling?) was the next card.

I think it's the Rashad stank that's putting Pop's off the card. (I mentioned it before, but I take care of my Dad) I'd watch anybody fight all day everyday if I could. But I'm trying to see if it's worth the effort of getting my Dad excited. Sixty bucks too.

Time to fire up Fightpass.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
UFC March -The Assassination of Tyron's Game by the Coward Moving Forward

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

Oh gently caress, my brain thought Khabib and El Cucuey (spelling?) was the next card.

I think it's the Rashad stank that's putting Pop's off the card. (I mentioned it before, but I take care of my Dad) I'd watch anybody fight all day everyday if I could. But I'm trying to see if it's worth the effort of getting my Dad excited. Sixty bucks too.

Time to fire up Fightpass.

It is the next card. UFC 209, bitch, on Saturday.

(I'm assuming that there will be a Diaz-themed GDT.)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yep, I'll write up the March thread tonight. Some good title options already, keep 'em coming.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
UFC March - Sage goes to Flavortown

https://streamable.com/yqmf3

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC March - Sage goes to Flavortown

https://streamable.com/yqmf3

Sage becoming BFF's with Tyrion Lannister is truly :allears:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

Sage becoming BFF's with Tyrion Lannister is truly :allears:

Sage is far and away the most endearing thing about Tyron Woodley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU