Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

FaradayCage posted:

I think BoK, Gorrell, Ramirez, etc are all having moral crises and showing they are not total robots.

Branco is the one that thinks "everyone sees me as an rear end in a top hat? I must be doing something right." Then draws a lecherous old man man watching girl scouts take dumps in a public restroom.

I think Bok is just bitching about being promised a bonfire and now nobody wants to light it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just want to add my two cents that I like how the new King Possum megaposts mean we see a truer cross section of the medium rather than just nothing but thread "favorites"

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Enjoying the schadenfreude of all the cartoonists who did a "HOLLYWOOD ELITISTS" toon for the Oscars a week ago then hit the links while missing the biggest Oscars story in years

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

beepsandboops posted:

Enjoying the schadenfreude of all the cartoonists who did a "HOLLYWOOD ELITISTS" toon for the Oscars a week ago then hit the links while missing the biggest Oscars story in years

I think they're waiting for the higher-ups to make up their mind on how to spin it into a conspiracy theory. Cartoonists are pretty low on the totem pole of right wing propagandists these days.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'm thinking we get a lot of "Hollywood Virtue Signaling" takes if initial Fox News response is anything to go by.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The composition of this terrible. But it's The Creation of Adam compared to

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

cheetah7071 posted:

Just want to add my two cents that I like how the new King Possum megaposts mean we see a truer cross section of the medium rather than just nothing but thread "favorites"

Personally I think it's kind of lovely that he hijacked posting duties by virtue of just flooding the thread with the equivalent of a cagle.com RSS feed and leaving people who actually care about avoiding duplicates to just sit on their hands. But what do I know, maybe the folks who were posting and discussing their particular subset of political cartoons before KP3 came along actually considered it an unreasonable burden and now they've been freed from their chains :angel:

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

FaradayCage posted:

Branco is the one that thinks "everyone sees me as an rear end in a top hat? I must be doing something right." Then draws a lecherous old man man watching girl scouts take dumps in a public restroom.

Yeah, but Branco draws him as the good guy. :smug:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

More Comics >> Less Comics.

Everyone that post here horrible/awesome comics is my personal hero.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

beepsandboops posted:

On the other hand, McCoy will take his schadenfreude any way he can:

Re: cartoon dumps - Due to my schedule, I can only effort post about once a day, usually in the morning (PST). So I've been dropping around 15 or so, on a full day. I try to curate them, avoid poaching, and trim down the ones that can be viewed from orbit. If that's too many, I can cull them more vigorously.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
The King Possum approach is like posting massive full-page scans of your local paper's funny pages in the Newspaper Comic Strip thread, ignoring that people are already posting those comics and have been for a while, and you're being really half-assed and self-centered about contributing as much as you can when you can simply contribute a little bit of something new or unusual.

e: it's probably too late to get him to stop at this point though, the damage is done

Sandpuppy posted:

I try to curate them, avoid poaching, and trim down the ones that can be viewed from orbit.

Ding ding ding you're a winner and I love you, please don't stop doing any of these things

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 27, 2017

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I found some toons in an old backup folder. Simpler times

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Michael Heseltine, the Lords and article 50 – Tory grandee Lord Heseltine has said he will back a Labour-led amendment to ensure a meaningful vote on the final Brexit deal"

Telegraph:

Indpendent on Sunday:

Independent:

Times:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Personally I think it's kind of lovely that he hijacked posting duties by virtue of just flooding the thread with the equivalent of a cagle.com RSS feed and leaving people who actually care about avoiding duplicates to just sit on their hands. But what do I know, maybe the folks who were posting and discussing their particular subset of political cartoons before KP3 came along actually considered it an unreasonable burden and now they've been freed from their chains :angel:

i like you as a poster but the term "posting duties" might be the stupidest thing i have ever heard

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

i like you as a poster but the term "posting duties" might be the stupidest thing i have ever heard

Posting Service guarantees Citi-goon-ship!

Would you like to know more?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus Christ, if anyone ever doubted that Assay was truly evil...
He was actually in favor of junk mail and spam ads?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Chuck Asay might be the only man who could argue for telemarketers, spam, and pop-ups.

e:f,b

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

the_steve posted:

Jesus Christ, if anyone ever doubted that Assay was truly evil...
He was actually in favor of junk mail and spam ads?

He's an old man and his grand-kids never write.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

It's probably dumb to quibble with the Spank Crank 13 years on, but boy howdy this is a doozy.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mummified Corpse of Karl Marx 2020!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It's probably dumb to quibble with the Spank Crank 13 years on, but boy howdy this is a doozy.

Mr EndArt was a thread treasure and I'm sad he was so ashamed when outed that he just up and vanished.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

mandatory lesbian posted:

Thanks but I've been pretty poo poo lately, I 100% deserve this callout and am debating giving myself a swirly.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The people dumping content into this thread are heroes for putting time into something worth no money, upvotes or bragging rights. I don't dare bite the hands that feed this thread and commend you for what must be an awful lot of copy/paste/format drudgery every day.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

As hilariously flattering as that Coulter caricature is, he still didn't forget the adams apple.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

As hilariously flattering as that Coulter caricature is, he still didn't forget the adams apple.

It's a collarbone.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lmao I forgot about this one jesus gently caress

Edit: good god this is the sort of reality bending poo poo that makes you question your sanity

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I found some toons in an old backup folder. Simpler times

I too remember when Don Cherry ran for Vice President

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
The latest Oglaf is about satire so it's somewhat vaguely appropriate for this thread.

It's :nws: of course, if your'e not familiar with Oglaf.
http://oglaf.com/actor-n-bishop/

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Copper Kaiser posted:

The latest Oglaf is about satire so it's somewhat vaguely appropriate for this thread.

It's :nws: of course, if your'e not familiar with Oglaf.
http://oglaf.com/actor-n-bishop/

It's incisive commentary!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Since the paper is blank, I guess the true Today's Threat was inside us all along.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Pope:

There are stories of a plot within members of the right faction in Liberal ranks, calling themselves "The Deplorables", to undermine their own government and reinstate Abbott to Cabinet (at the very least).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Crossposted from not-USPol because they definitely deserve to be here too:
(my favorite is the Brexit one)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I saw an octopus strangling someone and a blue star, and I panicked for a minute. But the star only has five points, so I think we're okay.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

The King Possum approach is like posting massive full-page scans of your local paper's funny pages in the Newspaper Comic Strip thread, ignoring that people are already posting those comics and have been for a while, and you're being really half-assed and self-centered about contributing as much as you can when you can simply contribute a little bit of something new or unusual.

It's still preferable to the Xander approach of eighty consecutive, full-sized propaganda posters.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

The people dumping content into this thread are heroes for putting time into something worth no money, upvotes or bragging rights. I don't dare bite the hands that feed this thread and commend you for what must be an awful lot of copy/paste/format drudgery every day.

I love political cartoons for the way they present they present the artist's point of view with clarity, subtlety, originality, and great talent. I often think about the artists living in places where you can be imprisoned for critiquing the government in such a way, and how many already have been.

If I only posted cartoons that mirror my own views, I'd be no better than someone who gets all his news from Fox. The cartoonists who make excuses for Trump get on my nerves sometimes, but maybe that's a good thing. I don't want to live in a bubble.

Yes, the procedure for posting cartoons is tedious but I think it's worth it for exactly those reasons. I'll try to focus more on quality over quantity, and I'm genuinely sorry about anyone I've offended. Love and respect to my supporters.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DAMMIT CARTOONISTS STOP DOING SONG PARODIES

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

https://twitter.com/billie_r_martin/status/836250395982843904/photo/1

(my favorite is the Brexit one)

Lady Liberty comes through in the end!

My favorite: "Blond is the new brownshirt"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"out came the long knife" - nice, I got that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/VKLxz

• Locked thread