Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Miller and Coreal called up to Detroit.

Trades incoming??? Don't let me down, Ken.

He will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
There's a trade deadline thread, for those who forgot about it (like me):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810893

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If Hanzal gets that kind of return, Ken needs to trade Vanek immediately

But he won't because he is bad

Fire Holland

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jackets claimed Zac Dalpe on waivers

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jackets claimed Zac Dalpe on waivers

I have no idea how he keeps getting work in the NHL. He's the most forgettable hockey player to have ever lived.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

I have no idea how he keeps getting work in the NHL. He's the most forgettable hockey player to have ever lived.

I have no idea other than he went to Ohio State and maybe they're thinking some kind of Gagner-esque miracle happens.

They immediately sent him to Cleveland, so I dunno. I would imagine he's a contingency in the event they can't get another center before the deadline or something. There's really no good reason other than "let's pray"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He looks like he's spent his whole career as an AHL call-up. I guess you can do worse if he's just a depth rental for the playoff push? I got nothing otherwise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

He looks like he's spent his whole career as an AHL call-up. I guess you can do worse if he's just a depth rental for the playoff push? I got nothing otherwise.

The ever famous "player to be named later "

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have no idea other than he went to Ohio State and maybe they're thinking some kind of Gagner-esque miracle happens.

They immediately sent him to Cleveland, so I dunno. I would imagine he's a contingency in the event they can't get another center before the deadline or something. There's really no good reason other than "let's pray"

Sam Gagner was a 1st round pick and had previous success with scoring in the NHL.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Sam Gagner was a 1st round pick and had previous success with scoring in the NHL.

Well, yes. I was speaking more in the sense of just a really unexpectedly high return.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks might not be able to trade Ryan Miller because Markstrom managed to injure himself doing this bullshit yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqqXaFXUzsI

Good job guys!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Did he get hurt falling over backwards while trying to stand up at 3:31?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

Did he get hurt falling over backwards while trying to stand up at 3:31?

Quite possibly! No matter how he did it he's getting an MRI today.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
Looks like PK Subban had himself a good February and is now 4 points behind Weber in 16 fewer games played. That's good for 0.696ppg vs 0.548ppg

Weber will be the new Scott Gomez, mark my words.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can't separate the Benn brothers! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
also sens picking up burrows apparently

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Peter Dorion got fleeced in a trade by Jim Benning

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fits posted:

also sens picking up burrows apparently

why. why why why why why

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Awesome, Burrows has a NMC too so we have to expose another player.

I'm so mad

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING DORION

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Godinster posted:

I'm so mad

Holy gently caress it just keeps getting worse

being a Sens fan, I mean

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

The Dirty Burger posted:

Holy gently caress it just keeps getting worse

being a Sens fan, I mean

good news! they also supposedly extended burrows another two years!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Godinster posted:

I'm so mad

:popeye:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

VJeff posted:

You can't separate the Benn brothers! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

If you can separate the Schenns and the Staals, by god you can separate the Benns.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
They just traded a 19 year old who has 42 points in 44 games in the 2nd division Swedish league for ALEX BURROWS, and given him a 2 year extension even though he's turning 36

None of this makes any sense

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
This is my punishment for laughing at Erat/Forsberg

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Trade is official - Burrows for Dahlen straight up.

HA THERE IS A DUMBER GM IN THE LEAGUE THAN JIM BENNING

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone explain the Jordie Benn trade to me.

I didn't think Jordie was an enticing player to anybody. Not in terms of "he's bad," but more he's just kinda mediocre.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ottawa GM going to wake up tomorrow realizing he'd been looking at the 09-10 season stats all day and frantically try to do a take-back.

Shinjobi posted:

I didn't think Jordie was an enticing player to anybody. Not in terms of "he's bad," but more he's just kinda mediocre.

The team (of which his brother is the captain and savior) just traded him for a career AHLer and a 4th. That should say just about everything, no?

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 27, 2017

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ottawa GM going to wake up tomorrow realizing he'd been looking at the 09-10 season stats all day and frantically try to do a take-back.

Burrows-Kelly-Neil would have been a solid 4th line in 09-10

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Pateryn's wife bad-mouthed Julien on Twitter

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

lol stats don't measure GRIT and HEART

Though to be fair if we keep this idiot coach it's not like Dahlen was going to produce here anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Real inspired trading there, Stars.:sigh:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Congratulations, Greg Pateryn's wife.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Pateryn is a decent bottom-pairing guy and I guess Jordie is just going to be part of the steady rotation that is the Habs bottom pair defence.

That or Goldblum thought he was getting Good Benn.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Congratulations, Greg Pateryn's wife.

Now she gets to live somewhere that isn't Montreal St. John's!

Except if she waited a year they're moving to Laval anyway. Poor choice on her part.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm hearing that even if Pateryn doesn't impress, the move could translate to more ice time next year for our younger defensemen.

Cause yeah, that's what I want another season of watching.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

Now she gets to live somewhere that isn't Montreal St. John's!

Except if she waited a year they're moving to Laval anyway. Poor choice on her part.

Doesn't seem like she likes the French anyway.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

pateryn might be just as good as benn. benn might be just as good as pateryn? idk what the order would be. neither of them get any ice time on their stupid teams so maybe we'll get lucky and find out if either of them are actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Pierre Dorion has made trades that will require the Sens to protect both Dion Phaneuf and Alex Burrows in the expansion draft. Goodbye Marc Methot I guess?

• Locked thread