Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AriadneThread posted:

almost correct, shepard dies at the start of me2, the rest of the series follows the adventures of a soulless facsimile

An animated meat corpse with a VI brain that thinks it's people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DancingShade posted:

An animated meat corpse with a VI brain that thinks it's people.

But enough about GBS

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

precision posted:

If you've never done a full trilogy Female Renegade Space Racist playthrough you are missing out on literally 90% of the best dialogue in the entire franchise.

The other 10%, by the way, is Mordin, Garrus and TIM.

I'm an actual RL girl so in general I play the girl version If there is a choice, I did Renegade the second time through but Renegade isn't exactly being a dick. It was occasionally fun to punch people :lol:.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

As I recall, Earthborn Shep's parents were simply not present, like they gave her up for adoption or were deadbeats so she was raised on the streets, while Colonist Shep's parents all died in a slaver raid. Spacer Shep got to grow up normally, but Dad is conspicuously absent, and you only ever speak to your mother, who is never shown.

You guys are setting this up to make it sound like Dad Ryder had an affair with Mom Shep.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Fangz posted:

Can you put that in percentage terms

91%

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DoggPickle posted:

I'm like such a nice person that I can't even be a dick in a videogame. Is that weird?

Nah. I can't either. I'm not always nice but I can't be needlessly cruel, except during Omega DLC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Renegade in ME kind of runs the full spectrum from "gets results" to deranged psychopath. ME1 in particular allows to you to be pointlessly dickish like assassinating Shiala in cold blood or getting both Parsinni/Anoleis killed for no good reason.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Boy I sure am tired of all these Mass Effects.

What's the deal with all these masses? What are they affecting?

Gender fluid cloaca fetishists

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is it weird that I think it's weird that more people weren't upset about punching the reporter? Like I mean, poo poo yeah it's hilarious, but it's also uh, pretty fuckin' fascist!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Orchestrating a double homicide while keeping my hands bleached is one thing, but allowing a person to think less of me (and live) is quite another. Niceness is necessary.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No joke I did a trilogy run through as a celibate and it was pretty funny. You turn down so much tail and those impactful moments with what are the significant others are super flat.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

DoggPickle posted:

I'm like such a nice person that I can't even be a dick in a videogame. Is that weird?

Me too. I think part of it is the typical 'evil' path involves either cartoonishly unnecessary and random violence to show how much of a badass the protagonist is, or petty theft of tiny sums from poor people.

Oddly enough, meting out street justice on bands of muggers / thieves / etc. and stripping the tattered clothes from their lifeless bodies is usually classified under the heading of 'good'.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Glenn Quebec posted:

No joke I did a trilogy run through as a celibate

I'm calling joke.

Nevets posted:

Me too. I think part of it is the typical 'evil' path involves either cartoonishly unnecessary and random violence to show how much of a badass the protagonist is, or petty theft of tiny sums from poor people.

Oddly enough, meting out street justice on bands of muggers / thieves / etc. and stripping the tattered clothes from their lifeless bodies is usually classified under the heading of 'good'.

At least in ME2 they sometimes got it right, like killing the Batarians in the Mordin mission was a Renegade choice but Mordin and everyone else lets you know that it was actually super cool and good because they were Bad Hombres

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

precision posted:

Is it weird that I think it's weird that more people weren't upset about punching the reporter? Like I mean, poo poo yeah it's hilarious, but it's also uh, pretty fuckin' fascist!
ME3 Had a fascist outlook generally

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

precision posted:

Shepard has had enough of their fake news!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

precision posted:

I'm calling joke.

It's hilarious. I highly recommend it because then the characters who throw themselves at you have to react to the rejection. This happens often and hilariously

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

DoggPickle posted:

One of the first good/evil decisions in Fable was whether or not to save a little kid from bullies or rip up his teddy bear in front of him. Later on in the game I'd have no qualms about slaughtering whole villages just to drop the real estate prices, but hearing this lil kid start sobbing as he runs away would always make me so sad. :(

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's hilarious. I highly recommend it because then the characters who throw themselves at you have to react to the rejection. This happens often and hilariously

Doing this to Tali and Liara never gets old

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I loaded up ME3 on PC since it's free with Origin Access and I'm doing a trilogy run anyway, but I didn't expect to start over with the MP.

Well, last night I smoked a lot of weed and thought it would be a totally great idea to start the MP grind over.

You know how you get like 4 Starter and Gift Packs now because of all the free packs you missed, I guess?

Guess what was in my literal first Free Pack. Literally my first pack.

Valiant. loving. I.

The loving gun that I spent lit-ter-rally 100s of hours grinding for on PS3.

:shepicide:

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

precision posted:

I'm calling joke.

At least in ME2 they sometimes got it right, like killing the Batarians in the Mordin mission was a Renegade choice but Mordin and everyone else lets you know that it was actually super cool and good because they were Bad Hombres

This is why they need to get rid of good/evil or paragon/renegade and frame everything as pragmatic/idealistic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nevets posted:

This is why they need to get rid of good/evil or paragon/renegade and frame everything as pragmatic/idealistic.

From what we've seen, they basically have. Didn't they outright say there wasn't a Blue/Red meter at all?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

precision posted:

I loaded up ME3 on PC since it's free with Origin Access and I'm doing a trilogy run anyway, but I didn't expect to start over with the MP.

Well, last night I smoked a lot of weed and thought it would be a totally great idea to start the MP grind over.

You know how you get like 4 Starter and Gift Packs now because of all the free packs you missed, I guess?

Valiant. loving. I.

Your multiplayer credits are stored locally, and they apparently don't care about it anymore, so CE yourself 99 trillion credits and go to town my friend.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

precision posted:

From what we've seen, they basically have. Didn't they outright say there wasn't a Blue/Red meter at all?
Correct, there's no morality meter of any kind, thank gently caress.
Instead you're free to chose whatever tone you feel is appropriate. You know, actually role playing instead of just picking the blue option all game long.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I never really dug the paragon/renegade system. Alignment systems are universally dumb. I just chose the option that most fit what I figured Shepard would do. Renegade had the funniest outcomes in most cases, but sometimes you were just pointlessly cruel or dickish.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

my alignment is sweet flips

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
My favorite Shepard was "rear end in a top hat with a heart of gold", funny Renegade replies, but Paragon big decisions that aren't stupidly psychotic. Like the Hound. As long as you can still do something like that.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 27, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Lycus posted:

My favorite Shepard was "rear end in a top hat with a heart of gold", funny Renegade replies, but Paragon big decisions that aren't stupidly psychotic. Like the Hound. As long as you can still do something like that.

Me too, headbutt the krogan and be a dick to uvenk because that's basically what they expect and want.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

precision posted:

Valiant. loving. I.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Like I said, I'm so frickin nice that I can't even be a dick in a video game but I'm 100% sure that I punched that reporter in the face.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DoggPickle posted:

Like I said, I'm so frickin nice that I can't even be a dick in a video game but I'm 100% sure that I punched that reporter in the face.

which time? :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
All three times.

It's like that arguing couple outside your apartment in Sleeping Dogs. Punching them out becomes part of the daily routine.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has there been any multiplayer footage released so far? It was good and cool in ME3 and I hope it is good again.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Glenn Quebec posted:

No joke I did a trilogy run through as a celibate

It must be really immersive to roleplay as yourself in that universe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoggPickle posted:

Same except throwing that dude out the window in 2

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Hedrigall posted:

It must be really immersive to roleplay as yourself in that universe

It's true you can be overweight either my verisimilitude

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That's different, that's roll-playing

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

IcePhoenix posted:

Same except throwing that dude out the window in 2

:laffo: I just played Me2 again, the whole way through and I think the only other Renegade action I took was kicking that dude out of the window. What a memorable game :lol: I had Garrus with me and he was like " crazy decision but it definitely got the job done."

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

precision posted:

Valiant. loving. I.

Cheat Engine is really easy to use. Do not put yourself through that again

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Monolith. posted:

Cheat Engine is really easy to use. Do not put yourself through that again

I got banned from the multiplayer shortly after the Geth was first added. I assume it's because I did this (since I can't think of what else I could have done).

You think I'd be able to get them to lift my ban now? I never got to enjoy the multiplayer thanks to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DoggPickle posted:

:laffo: I just played Me2 again, the whole way through and I think the only other Renegade action I took was kicking that dude out of the window. What a memorable game :lol: I had Garrus with me and he was like " crazy decision but it definitely got the job done."

I always liked having Miranda and Grunt with me because whenever you did some wacky violent poo poo it was like the part where Groot demolishes all those dudes in Guardians and Drax's face lights up.