Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

Yeah I wish more media would cover deep complex themes like the zombie apocalypse.

Pssst that's not the theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

2 weeks off...a nintendo switch w/ zelds...and a big bag of weed

:c00l::shopkeeper::hellyeah::shopkeeper::c00l:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SeXReX posted:

You'd think being this horribly awful at business they'd have screwed up enough to be forced out of it some time in the last 100 years

For every good decision they make (DS) they make ten bad ones like the switch. The thing is the good decisions are sometimes really good.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

Nintendominos

e: can i order dominos from the switch?

Bad Llama fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 27, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

I cannot imagine how insufferable this person is to deal with / work with

really the most offensive thing is the standing desk

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Paladinus posted:

Lol if you actually want to buy NES Classic.

This is honestly the funniest poo poo ever. Everyone in the world has a computer it's not hard to emulate stuff and buy a couple controllers if you really want the real experience. No let me go give Nintendo $200 to play excitabike

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i thought the thing retailed for 60

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

i thought the thing retailed for 60

Newegg selling them for 183? Still more expensive than the three minutes you'll spend downloading a ROM of every single game

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They're like $60 but since Nintendo loves to under-produce every single thing they make it costs 3x more than it should thanks to scalpers and now retail stores are doing it too.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i think for 60 bucks, that thing is an excellent present for that nephew you dont know what the gently caress to get for christmas

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

i think for 60 bucks, that thing is an excellent present for that nephew you dont know what the gently caress to get for christmas

I can agree with that

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

You joke, but there's definitely some truth to the idea that Nintendo has failed to adapt to the growths and changes of the gaming scene. They still seem to think that games are the electronic toys of the early 90s and that the people playing their products are young teenage boys with little intellectual capacity. The modern gaming landscape is dominated by Sony because of titles like the Last of Us. Modern gamers want their games to not only test their skills but to also make them think and that's something that Nintendo absolutely doesn't want to do.

Either the Nintendo themselves are afraid of handling more complex subjects or they think their core audience can't handle darker and more complex stories and worlds. Either way Nintendo is stuck creating games with very black and white simple to understand ideas and concepts and it seems to be causing damage in terms of sales. You can also see this unwillingness to change and improve in their hardware decisions. Sony and Microsoft are constantly offering gamers better ways to experience their games while Nintendo is stuck working on terrible last gen hardware. IMO the gaming market is no place for such conservative and regressive strategies.

Personally I'm okay with a game being just a good game rather than a half-assed movie.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Raider posted:

that was actually my plan, until Nintendo under produced them. instead i got my nephew a bluetooth controller and showed him how to use it with his tablet

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Games don't have oscar winning narratives but currently they are on par with most blockbuster action movies in terms of complexity.

Also video games deserve recognition for being art just as much as movies imo. I think things like environment design in Dark Souls is pretty loving stunning.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
all things not created by nature are human artifice

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
lol the new zeldumb doesn't even have an hour of unskippable cut scenes with Hollywood voice actors what a loving joke of a "game"
https://twitter.com/SethBling/status/836302637716819969

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

bitmap posted:

2 weeks off...a nintendo switch w/ zelds...and a big bag of weed

:c00l::shopkeeper::hellyeah::shopkeeper::c00l:

But it comes out this Friday

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Teikanmi posted:

from the switch reddit LOL

Would be ok if it was only the poster on the right with the caption " HANG IN THERE BABY!"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
can we NOT talk about the theft of hard work thank you

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I'm an idiot and want this, what's my best bet for finding one on launch day?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Pssst that's not the theme

Right the theme is that he wants to gently caress the little girl. Its been done better in literature.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

No. 6 posted:

If I'm an idiot and want this, what's my best bet for finding one on launch day?

Toys'R'Us

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

But it comes out this Friday

oh word well maybe ill read a book too

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

Right the theme is that he wants to gently caress the little girl. Its been done better in literature.

WHOA someone is angling for a mod position

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bad Llama posted:

So is the switch a big smartphone or a small tv?

Resolution isn't high enough to be considered either in 2017.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

Honestly though, no trollin'. Show of hands, how many of you are picking up the Switch?

I'll get a switch out the back yard and whoop u raw w/ it!

Now finish ur homework!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nintendo Switches get Nintendo Stitches.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

WHOA someone is angling for a mod position

heh

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
buy switch become bitch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gonna buy this Nintendo toy NO later than Saturday morning

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

buy switch become bitch

Nintendo are about to make you their Switch!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kikkelivelho posted:

You joke, but there's definitely some truth to the idea that Nintendo has failed to adapt to the growths and changes of the gaming scene. They still seem to think that games are the electronic toys of the early 90s and that the people playing their products are young teenage boys with little intellectual capacity. The modern gaming landscape is dominated by Sony because of titles like the Last of Us. Modern gamers want their games to not only test their skills but to also make them think and that's something that Nintendo absolutely doesn't want to do.

Either the Nintendo themselves are afraid of handling more complex subjects or they think their core audience can't handle darker and more complex stories and worlds. Either way Nintendo is stuck creating games with very black and white simple to understand ideas and concepts and it seems to be causing damage in terms of sales. You can also see this unwillingness to change and improve in their hardware decisions. Sony and Microsoft are constantly offering gamers better ways to experience their games while Nintendo is stuck working on terrible last gen hardware. IMO the gaming market is no place for such conservative and regressive strategies.

No story will be as dark and profound as Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Applewhite posted:

no story will have a more boring and lovely first dungeon, thats for sure

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a really amazing megaman compilation for the gamecube that had megaman 1 - 8, interview clips, art galleries, and a bunch of poo poo. it was loving awesome.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

I had a really amazing megaman compilation for the gamecube that had megaman 1 - 8, interview clips, art galleries, and a bunch of poo poo. it was loving awesome.

gamecube was pretty slick aside from the picasso controller

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
GC was phenomenal except for this fundamental part

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Applewhite posted:

Cant wait to play Wind Waker in HD with sick new lighting and water on my Wii U

Blue Raider posted:

no story will have a more boring and lovely first dungeon, thats for sure

It wasn't that bad dude

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Teikanmi posted:

from the switch reddit LOL

Zelda Casting Desk

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
just make a normal loving console you loving retards. you're getting rid of your handhelds for this poo poo? you deserve to go out like sega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I like how they have no goddamn idea what to do with star fox or metroid so they just keep remaking it.

Rip F Zero, sega made your best game

Applewhite posted:

What would zizek say about the kid with the giant snot drop

• Locked thread