Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Gyges posted:

No, it was introduced as a way for her to forget about friendship, then use the built up power of Fairy Glitter to successfully job out and put Gildarz even further over when he shows up to save the day. Later the First had her use it to cheese the power scouter event.

Well poo poo. I googled for some more details and I could not remember a single thing about "Bluenote Stinger" or anything that happened during or around this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Well poo poo. I googled for some more details and I could not remember a single thing about "Bluenote Stinger" or anything that happened during or around this fight.

That's because fights don't actually matter. Only rad dragons, friendship, and cheesecake.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

tsob posted:

Like that's ever stopped Erza.
Yes but she's half dragon, and it goes dragon > friendship > gildartz > rear end pulls > Dragon slayer magic > Grey > Girls > Lucy in FT

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
this manga is kinda bad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

this manga is kinda bad

I saw Bleach and Naruto through to the end, and Fairy Tail still isn't that bad.

It is bad, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe the real Fairy Tail is the friends we made in this thread while reading the manga.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fairy Tail was within us all this entire time. :aaaaa:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

chumbler posted:

I saw Bleach and Naruto through to the end, and Fairy Tail still isn't that bad.

It is bad, though.

For all its faults, Fairy Tail is one of the better series when it comes to upgrade/new form distribution.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
His majesty is doing this for the sake of humanity because darkness is coming.... now lets see how you react when I kill your child in front of you.

loving fairy tail

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Suspicious Lump posted:

His majesty is doing this for the sake of humanity because darkness is coming.... now lets see how you react when I kill your child in front of you.

loving fairy tail

The one magic he never learned, was the magic of love.

I do like how he utterly (thus-far) chumped Gildartz.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hello I am poorly written mage man, yes yes, oh no my only weakness being punched in the face. That is my spoiler for some chapter in the future. I wish he had a twirly mustache.

Maybe it'll switch up and she'll take him out, I can totally see that happening.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Fairy tail is very good at being a dumb shonen manga. Bit embarrassing to see anyone expecting anything more from it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes but she's half dragon, and it goes dragon > friendship > gildartz > rear end pulls > Dragon slayer magic > Grey > Girls > Lucy in FT

You say that like you think Mashima decided she was half dragon before a few months ago.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Tits and dragons, the Mashima way of life.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Angry Lobster posted:

Well when you put it like that, can you really blame him?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

tsob posted:

You say that like you think Mashima decided she was half dragon before a few months ago.
Let's not pretend, he made Eileen a dragon well after she was introduced, it's just amusing to pretend FT has any sort of consistency or quality in its writing. I mean even Acnologia was surprised, and he has traveled the world slaughtering dragons, I think? You'd think he'd notice someone who apparently stinks of dragon.

I'm still shocked we had minimal dragon tits. I guess even for Mashima that was a bust too far.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Wait, if Glowdarts and Arachnophobia fought to a stalemate before, and Guildarts is now getting thrashed by magic grandpa, why is everyone up to and including Lord Zed himself making GBS threads themselves right now?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Gildarts got owned by Acnologia. Lost an arm, a leg and his guts.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I think he said he didn't last ten seconds. Arcology is about the only thing in the manga hyped to be a total bad-rear end.

Zeref was but then he went emo. He did give Natsu a good kick though, I liked that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish Zeref was a total chump in a fist fight who can't even throw a punch because he has never had to, but alas.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Angry Lobster posted:

This and people getting punched by fire are why I still read it honestly

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

chumbler posted:

I wish Zeref was a total chump in a fist fight who can't even throw a punch because he has never had to, but alas.

even if he never had to the man's had years and years to learn i'm sure one day he got bored and picked up a how to karate book or somthing

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
New chapter.

I hate you, Mashima

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
August asks the questions that absolutely no one gives even the slightest gently caress about.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Who cares about the relationship between Zeref and his son? Get done with it and resolve the last fights, or at least let Acnologia kick some more rear end.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Uh, yeah, I think the most anyone cares about Rahkeid is how uncomfortable he made reading FT for a few chapters. Zeref and Natsu aren't in "final battle" mode, but I don't buy the drama here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyges posted:

August asks the questions that absolutely no one gives even the slightest gently caress about.

I'd be fine if he only asked it once, but he says it like 3 times, which is 2 times more than I would be okay with.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I think it's a plot point that is coming up....... probably not, it's just useless filler.

btw this is a great panel:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'd be fine if he only asked it once, but he says it like 3 times, which is 2 times more than I would be okay with.

In a better series, it would have been a recurring question, but Mashima messed up and needed to cram it all into one chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mashima has never been one for finesse and subtlety.

Repeating the question 3 times and having Zeref blast a hole in his son, all in a single chapter to really hammer in the point that, uh, what was the point.

Oh right, that Zeref is a lovely dad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Like, what is even the point? Zeref's evil bad guy bona fides have been well established, what does him being a lovely dad on top of everything else even accomplish? Hell, why does he even have a stupid son when it means absolutely nothing and can't possibly matter?

Is Mashima afraid his readers might have bought into the sudden, "Oh, no, we're being extremely evil in order to save the world" bullshit Zeref and his crew decided to have their motivation be last chapter?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Why was Mashima's chapter not loved?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heh.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We all know that Zeref will team up with Natsu to beat Acnologia, thus redeeming himself.
Also, there will be boobs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyone can be redeemed!

Ivan's gonna be redeemed when he learns that Markarov has died for like, the finally time.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

It was all a ploy by Makarov to conserve his strength for round 2 of his wrestling match with Acnologia.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Considering the utter failure of all the fairy magicks so far I'm looking forward to Fairy Heart not finishing off Zeref or Arcnologia or whatever it's supposed to do

the only effective fairy tail magics are delivered via punch or blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Considering the utter failure of all the fairy magicks so far I'm looking forward to Fairy Heart not finishing off Zeref or Arcnologia or whatever it's supposed to do

the only effective fairy tail magics are delivered via punch or blade.

Fairy Law has proved very effective, although with a substantial recoil.

• Locked thread