Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Wolfsbane posted:

Very much wrong thread, but this is what you can do to a Smart roadster if you're an insane German tuning house:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlm158_top-gear-brabus-smart-roadster-v6_auto

Twin turbo V6 .... 218hp. Might be the right thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sagebrush posted:

Small hands wheels. Can't trust 'em. :chloe:

Yeah, for me, it's the tiny wheels.
That's why I like the Scion iQ - those 15" wheels look positively beefy on that little car. They managed to make it look sporty. And you can get tires for it. The Mirage just looks cheap and dinky.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

FuzzKill posted:

I dunno, the V6 has displacement of just 1.4L. The turbo is fairly small too.

Guinness posted:

That is how most/all BMWs are, and probably plenty of others, and is quite a good design. It has nothing to do with how they hosed up the car.

It might be well executed in a BMW but it felt like total poo poo in the Smart.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FuzzKill posted:

1.4L, making 155.7hp/L, better than a loving Veyron*. Sure, that's terrible :rolleyes:

*8.0L for 1000hp or 125hp/L.

edit: still makes it better than the Veyron Super Sport, which is 8.0L making 1200hp, bang on 150hp/L

Memento fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 28, 2017

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Wolfsbane posted:

Very much wrong thread, but this is what you can do to a Smart roadster if you're an insane German tuning house:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlm158_top-gear-brabus-smart-roadster-v6_auto

I feel like in the asylum of Mercedes tuning companies AMG is the one who is prone to fits of violence and occasional window licking but mostly has it under control with medication.

Brabus is the one in solitary wearing the straight jacket and Hannibal Lector mask because if they take it off he'll eat his bed and make a new one from the flesh of the other inmates.

Or maybe one of these:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-latest-brabus-tuned-g-wagen-is-predictably-insane/

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 28, 2017

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

buttcrackmenace posted:

... or what a couple of insane Austrians can cobble together out of a Smart coupe with a dead engine and a wrecked GSX-R 1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwzHJo3IXM

This one's cute, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnp-PKvNIZk

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Memento posted:

1.4L, making 155.7hp/L, better than a loving Veyron*. Sure, that's terrible :rolleyes:

edit: still makes it better than the Veyron Super Sport, which is 8.0L making 1200hp, bang on 150hp/L

Output per unit of displacement always has been, is currently, and will forever continue to be the dumbest way to compare engines, since it ignores almost every single aspect of the engine that contributes to whether the car it's in will go fast or not.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MrYenko posted:

Output per unit of displacement always has been, is currently, and will forever continue to be the dumbest way to compare engines, since it ignores almost every single aspect of the engine that contributes to whether the car it's in will go fast or not.

Did you bother reading the post I was replying to that was specifically calling it out for being a twin turbo V6 with "only" 218hp, or do you just like the look of your own words on the internet?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Memento posted:

I think power to weight would be a much better comparison, in which 215hp would make for a fun car in such a light weight chassis. I didn't realize the displacement was so low on those but just because you can doesn't mean you should - in a production version if it was ever made it it would have likely been <200hp to have an actual service life.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Memento posted:

:nallears:

BMW S1000RR: 199hp @ 999cc, or juuuust under 200hp/L

oh, but wait, your 1.4L is turbocharged, right?

Kawasaki H2R: 310hp supercharged @ 998cc, 311hp/L

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's funny, lighten up you terrible nerds.

Which incidentally will increase your shitpost/pound ratio...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sagebrush posted:

:nallears:

BMW S1000RR: 199hp @ 999cc, or juuuust under 200hp/L

oh, but wait, your 1.4L is turbocharged, right?

Kawasaki H2R: 310hp supercharged @ 998cc, 311hp/L

The H2R makes quite a bit more power with just a tune, also.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

dpack_1 posted:

I know they're now in the ~*~VINTAGE~*~ age but seriously, 6.5k for a 20 year old import with 150k miles, most of which were probably at WOT, just not gonna happen.
Try finding an AE86. 10k+ for something owned by at least three "zipties are doriftu chic" wankers.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl posted:

Somebody needs to make a huge Segway out of that thing

Well, at least a bigger than normal Segway. Let's not get carried away.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What's that?

Oh, just a shop truck with a shark airbrushed on the tailgate.

And a robotic dolphin jumping through flames on the side.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I feel... conflicted.

Applicable to both threads? The mudflaps look dumb. Is that a step to step up into the truck that's hanging down under the driver side door?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think that is a step, yeah. The thing was ridiculously tall, those photos were taken from our CR-V.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Is that a step to step up into the truck that's hanging down under the driver side door?

It looks like a tab you'd press with your thumb to open a gizmo. Maybe it pops the bonnet open.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

What's that?

I know it's en vogue to rail against pickup artists but this one did a pretty good job

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

wayfinder posted:

I know it's en vogue to rail against pickup artists but this one did a pretty good job

"I've painted titty chicks and wizards and titty wizards and all manner of mythical beasts and ARE FREEDOMS imagery, but a robotic dolphin is a new one!"

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

IOwnCalculus posted:

What's that?

Oh, I would love to replace those mudflaps for some lovely drapes.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Memento posted:

"I've painted titty chicks and wizards and titty wizards and all manner of mythical beasts and ARE FREEDOMS imagery, but a robotic dolphin is a new one!"

It's certainly no Demver!

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

IOwnCalculus posted:

What's that?

I really appreciate that he put the business name on the rear window as well, since I couldn't make out what it says on the tailgate.

VALLEY RING SERVIE

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FuzzKill posted:

I really appreciate that he put the business name on the rear window as well, since I couldn't make out what it says on the tailgate.

VALLEY RING SERVIE

My wife said the same thing about that font being unreadable, because even without JPEG compression on a low res shot, it's still poo poo.

It's not like there's any accounting for tasteful fonts once you've decided you need a flaming robodolphin and a shark on your shop truck.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ey its work related so its tax deductable brah

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MrYenko posted:

Setright used to argue that BMEP was the only true measure of an engine.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Sorry for potato quality, zoom was maxed. I think this is the most stick-on letters I've seen on one panel.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

weg posted:

Sorry for potato quality, zoom was maxed. I think this is the most stick-on letters I've seen on one panel.

I'm the dangling spare tire hanger.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

weg posted:

Who is this Heaven Orhell, and why do we care where they are going?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FuzzKill posted:

VALLEY RING SERVIE

Probably for the benefit of small vehicles and Class 8 trucks in bumper-to-bumper gridlock. No matter how low or high, one can read it.

Shark on the back, flaming robodolphin on the side. Needs an octopus holding eight guns firing on the hood.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

weg posted:

It might be well executed in a BMW but it felt like total poo poo in the Smart.

The Smart ForTwo pedals are similar in store to the Spyker C8as I recall. I didn't like how it felt either. BMW and Hyundai execute that gaspedal style better.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Probably for the benefit of small vehicles and Class 8 trucks in bumper-to-bumper gridlock. No matter how low or high, one can read it.

Shark on the back, flaming robodolphin on the side. Needs an octopus holding eight guns firing on the hood.

At that point, we would definitely be in the wrong thread.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Il

IOwnCalculus posted:

What's that?

And a robotic dolphin jumping through flames on the
[quote="IOwnCalculus" post="469892404"]
What's that?

I swear people start companies just to have huge trucks.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

MetaJew posted:

The Smart ForTwo pedals are similar in store to the Spyker C8as I recall. I didn't like how it felt either. BMW and Hyundai execute that gaspedal style better.

Everything in the Spyker interior makes me unreasonably happy. It's like a luxury Zeppelin!

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Engineer test driving a new Morgan put it through a wall less than a mile from the factory :stare: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/02/engineer-writes-off-brand-new-hand-built-car-a-mile-from-factory-6482792/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, at least that's one ebay mini cooper headlight down. now hit something with the other side.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like the steering wheel was installed on the wrong side; it's no wonder he crashed it! Oh well, that's what these tests are for, I suppose.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I think that's counts as "Test failed".

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Engineer test driving a new Morgan put it through a wall less than a mile from the factory :stare: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/02/engineer-writes-off-brand-new-hand-built-car-a-mile-from-factory-6482792/

And somewhere, Richard Hammond is crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Not as many wood splinters as I thought.