Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Based on how much they apparently filmed for the show and the quality of the bloopers (I assume, I haven't watched them yet) I think if the show gets a second season it could probably be stretched to 44 minutes. I felt like the first three episodes especially could have benefited from more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That Flavortown tangent on today's MBMBaM was an all timer holy poo poo

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
So, can we talk about how Travis just has his mouth open, and i can see his tongue most of the time on the show? or.... what?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

loving

The clown box

What the gently caress

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

Based on how much they apparently filmed for the show and the quality of the bloopers (I assume, I haven't watched them yet) I think if the show gets a second season it could probably be stretched to 44 minutes. I felt like the first three episodes especially could have benefited from more time.

yea I get wanting to start 'small' because holy poo poo how could they expect a tv version of a podcast about flavortown to go big, but I hope if we get more they extend things our a bit. They got the primo goofs and they're leaving them on the goof floor.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

djnkro posted:

So, can we talk about how Travis just has his mouth open, and i can see his tongue most of the time on the show? or.... what?

It's a total power move. He's baring his teeth to establish dominance.

It's working. :sissies:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

djnkro posted:

He had a speech impediment as a kid. I seem to remember him talking about speech therapy at some time, but it's when you say T or S sounds with your tongue between your teeth instead of against the roof of your mouth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bunky posted:

He had a speech impediment as a kid. I seem to remember him talking about speech therapy at some time, but it's when you say T or S sounds with your tongue between your teeth instead of against the roof of your mouth.

yea, I had the same and have a similar issue

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Rewatching the show before my Seeso trial runs out, and my only real problem is that all of the celebrity guests fall flat for me. I know they're probably there to serve as a hook for people who aren't preexisting fans, but hopefully they phase them out in season 2.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 28, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lester Shy posted:

Rewatching the show before my Seeso trial runs out, and my only real problem is that all of the celebrity guests fall flat for me. I know they're probably there to serve as a hook for people who aren't preexisting fans, but hopefully they phase them out in season 2.

May I counter with, Dr. Pepper Pomplamoose La Croix

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo that fushigi video. I think the CRJ song was perfect.

Also did they make up all of that flavortown stuff or was it based on something in pop culture that I'm not aware of? It was super funny either way and it felt original but they just kept going and going

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

myron cope posted:

the CRJ song was perfect.

That's a given

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I ended up listening to Emotion due to that video and now I understand why Griffin racked up hundreds of dollars on his phone bill just to loop it on a road trip

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

myron cope posted:

Holy poo poo that fushigi video. I think the CRJ song was perfect.

Also did they make up all of that flavortown stuff or was it based on something in pop culture that I'm not aware of? It was super funny either way and it felt original but they just kept going and going

Once Justin mentions the Flavor Tower, it becomes a long riff on Stephen King's Dark Tower series. It was funny that Travis obviously didn't get it and kept railroading over Justin's and Griffin's references.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

I was bored so I started re-listening to the Adventure Zone and made an art.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

that's possibly the best merle i've seen

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Fellatio del Toro posted:

How is that the first one of those I've seen since that episode

I just finished editing and uploading the one I recorded of my friend the other day, but I guess I should probably put it in their the facebook group in addition to us just tweeting it at Justin. It seems like he didn't see it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Danger Diabolik posted:

I've never pictured Merle with that haircut but I love it. Taako is too pretty but I guess that's his whole deal, haha.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

On one of the very first live shows Travis mentioned that he makes a certain face every time he's thinking of a joke, I assumed that's what was happening on the show.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lester Shy posted:

I for one enjoyed the Tommy Smerl segment.

I think I rememember clocking Scampi Mike in the background of... Candlenights ep?

I'm really shocked that Andie didn't manage to find her way into a cameo. Apparently I missed Tybee.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got happy when Dwight got in the action.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Wow, I can't stop thinking about Justin and Griffin and Travis' amazing adventures in Chilladelph-

I WANNA MUNCH!

Tasty Cubed!

This just in: Dr Oetker brings the Hot Dog to the Pizzaburger

Starting April 2016, it’s gonna get triple good when Dr Oetker unites the three most beloved snacks into between two buns. Pizza, Burger and Hot Dog together in Dr Oetker’s usual easy to eat and super tasty combination: This the Pizzaburger Hot Dog! This new and trendy flavour widens the range of beloved products of Pizza in Burger form which already includes such successful flavours as: Salami, Speciale, and BBQ Chicken.

A taste triple

Juicy sausages, savoury fried onions, crisp pickles and a typical honey-mustard are the ingredients that give the incomparable taste to the new Pizzaburger. A delicate blend of mozzarella and emmental cheese complete the delicious toppings of this moist on the inside yet crispy on the outside hamburger bun. The handling of the product, as expected, remains casual: simply bake the two burger halves face up before slapping them together and enjoying without cutlery. Around 65% of women and 60% of men prefer to eat their frozen pizzas with their hands the most. (Frozen Pizza Study from Dr Oetker, Forsa 2013, 1499 participants ages 14 and up)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Does other countries try to market the pizzaburger as "Fingerfood, for MEN" too? They look really good, but they're fairly expensive and the commercial is terrible.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I think a thing I like about the original Munch Squad is its delivery via a nonvisual medium.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I've never pictured Merle with that haircut but I love it. Taako is too pretty but I guess that's his whole deal, haha.

I think the whole "I'm taking your beauty away" thing was Griffin loving with the fanartists.

Also, as a lady type person, no way was Taako running around in Refuge in those heels! (The drawing is fantastic though.)

(Actually, maybe they are enchanted heels of being-able-to-run-in)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

They're part of the glamour/disguise self that Juice immediately threw up after the aforementioned beauty crime.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

They're part of the glamour/disguise self that Juice immediately threw up after the aforementioned beauty crime.

Nah I don't think so - they're all wearing the pants/skirts that they asked for on the Refuge mission.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Danger Diabolik posted:

This is great and i love it. !!GREAT JOB!!

Can't decide whether i like super beefcake gym Magnus or super femme Taako or super monk weird haircut Merle the most, which i guess means it's ALLLL GOOOOD.

Really really enjoy all the different artistic takes on Tres Horny Boyz and co. (Carrey Pietsch's are probably my canon versions but they're seriously all great.) The imaginative space created by having these vividly well-improvised non-visual characters! I'm surprised it hasn't launched a thousand thinkpieces.

misadventurous fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 1, 2017

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love all Merle with flower beard renditions.

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013
So has anyone figured out a way for us non-US MBMBaMbinos to get our grubby boy hands on the Seeso show?

I have tasted heaven with that free Youtube episode and now I'm just trembling with withdrawal.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Madame Ovary posted:

So has anyone figured out a way for us non-US MBMBaMbinos to get our grubby boy hands on the Seeso show?

I have tasted heaven with that free Youtube episode and now I'm just trembling with withdrawal.

To get it without paying for it I'm sure you know how.

Some people have been able to sign up for Seeso using non-US credit cards, others have not been able to. So try that first and if it actually allows you to get a Seeso subscription I'm once again sure you can figure it out from there.

Or the true desperation move of finding an American friend with Seeso and Skype.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I just about died when I saw the SL monster factory cosplay dude in the Candlenights episode.

Edit: Oh gently caress. Justin you soppy bastard!

Firos fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 1, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Firos posted:

I just about died when I saw the SL monster factory cosplay dude in the Candlenights episode.

Edit: Oh gently caress. Justin you soppy bastard!

he's gotta get that Emmy Juice out!

But yea I'm not sure if I said it here or not but that moment was basically everything I love about MBMBAM in one. Justin was emotionally honest, neither of them made fun of him in a 'lol what are you a pussy' way but just a general silly way, and it came at the end of their weird crazy pan-religious, pansexual, personal pan, holiday extravaganza that involved a tableaux of them dunking basketballs.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just saw a dude dab in real life which is new for me

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Tatum Girlparts posted:

he's gotta get that Emmy Juice out!

But yea I'm not sure if I said it here or not but that moment was basically everything I love about MBMBAM in one. Justin was emotionally honest, neither of them made fun of him in a 'lol what are you a pussy' way but just a general silly way, and it came at the end of their weird crazy pan-religious, pansexual, personal pan, holiday extravaganza that involved a tableaux of them dunking basketballs.

They are 3 good good boys :unsmith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We need a whole deck. Not just for Car Boys, of course.

I got my McElroy edition of Monikers and, as a fan, it's hilarious but my non-fan friends it was pretty confusing. It's my fault for not looking through and curating the deck.

But c'mon, A Cool Baby is universal.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Inzombiac posted:

We need a whole deck. Not just for Car Boys, of course.

I got my McElroy edition of Monikers and, as a fan, it's hilarious but my non-fan friends it was pretty confusing. It's my fault for not looking through and curating the deck.

But c'mon, A Cool Baby is universal.

Yeah, it's funny but you'd have to pull a lotta cards.

The problem with Monikers in general is that after 5+ games, your group will start memorizing the cards. Still a good pickup.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This episode of PeaceCraft is insanely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Fuckin lost it at this changes everything, NICK