Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Memory leaks aren't a problem when you have to restart the game or your whole console on a regular basis due to bugs :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

lets hang out posted:

Memory leaks aren't a problem when you have to restart the game or your whole console on a regular basis due to bugs :kiddo:

I finished route A and started B and I haven't had any of that. Are you on a Pro or a normal? I'm just on a regular, I wonder if it's doing something weird with the Pro hardware.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Regular ps4. Yesterday I heard a pop and then the right audio channel went out, so I went to dashboard and it was out there too so I started to get worried, but restarting the console fixed it.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Worst bug I've had so far was when pulling myself up on any edge it would turn my 90 degrees and throw me parallel to the wall. Just reloading a save fixed that.

Haven't seen any performance hits on normal ps4 except when transitioning areas.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The worst bug (outside 2 hard locks in 1 place) I've had is that 9S's melee attacks lock onto something invisible and don't go where you want, but forcing a load fixes it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just popping in to ask UK/Euro peeps: I'm buying this off Amazon and getting release-day delivery. When will Amazon likely take the money from my account? Is it 2-3 days before or day of shipping (usually the day before from other stuff I've bought)?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I dunno about UK or EU, but in US Amazon charges the day they ship the product. I can't imagine it'd be any different over there.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just finished NIER #1 last night, A ending. It's not quite as depressing as everyone claimed it would be, but yeah, the wedding was a joke. Those two poor bastards were married for a grand total of like 10 seconds before the woman was wolf-murdered. How long should it take to get ending b, then the c/d grinding + ending? I still don't see how the intro sequence is connected to the rest of the story :( (thanks for not spoiling me so far, please don't spoil me)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

redreader posted:

I just finished NIER #1 last night, A ending. It's not quite as depressing as everyone claimed it would be, but yeah, the wedding was a joke. Those two poor bastards were married for a grand total of like 10 seconds before the woman was wolf-murdered. How long should it take to get ending b, then the c/d grinding + ending? I still don't see how the intro sequence is connected to the rest of the story :( (thanks for not spoiling me so far, please don't spoil me)

From here on out, NG+ starts you off at the halfway point, ending B you play pretty straight, it's just added scenes and context to what you do in ending A. It shouldn't take that long as you should be overwhelmingly powerful as everything carries over.

Ending C is unlocked by acquiring all of the weapons (you don't need to upgrade them to full, thankfully). Depending on how diligent you've been on collecting weapons beforehand, it could be a few hours of hunting, but it's definitely no Drakengard levels of torture.

Ending D is selecting the other option during Ending C.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You keep your level and everything so getting to ending b is really quick and you absolutely should do it

Don't like skip cutscenes though

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 27, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Everything about Route C owns so much so far. Holy fuuuuuuck. A2 is amazing, I love her. Anyone know what the red means on her evasion tech when held down? It feels like a prompt to do something, but I'm not sure what.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Found out that you can use x + r1 to help with those long jumps. Made one previously thought impossible jump possible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If you start with a launcher by hitting heavy attack right after jump you get more height than just double jumping too

Whoops it's heavy

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 27, 2017

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Everything about Route C owns so much so far. Holy fuuuuuuck. A2 is amazing, I love her. Anyone know what the red means on her evasion tech when held down? It feels like a prompt to do something, but I'm not sure what.

Tag your spoilers, mang! :cmon:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hidden weapon do some fishing in the sewers :D

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

hidden weapon do some fishing in the sewers :D

I got this one spoiled for me and on one hand it's a bummer to not find it myself, but on the other that weapon history, man

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

maybe just a longer evade?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Just got to the same spot and can't figure it out either.

justdan
Mar 31, 2010
So I just bought the HK version, and almost had at heart attack when the game booted up and was all in kanji.

I had heard the game defaulted to English and there was a Chinese- only version you shouldn't buy, so for a minute I thought I had got the wrong version.

Thankfully I just had to dick around in the settings to change it to English. My (very limited) knowledge of Japanese strikes again :)

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I just started Route B and... Did they just directly reference Prometheus Beepy?! Sob.

Also I have a question (non-story spoilers re: utterly frivolous game mechanic): I did the self-destruct thing and it blew off 9S' pants and shredded 2B's skirt. Can I... keep going with it? Like, can I get them down to less clothing...? I MUST KNOW.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

dazat posted:

I just started Route B and... Did they just directly reference Prometheus Beepy?! Sob.

That's what I took it as a reference to

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Also I can't get over how effective the designs of the machines are. The game does a great job of bouncing back between pitiable/cute and :stonk: levels of creepy/disturbing. The copulating robo ritual, barfing robo zombie clowns and murderous robo cult were real highlights for me!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard this game is majorly good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i assumed fist weapons were going to use the unarmed moveset so i never used them and that was a big mistake holy poo poo

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

frank.club posted:

You heard right, friend.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
This game is really good

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nines is cute :kimchi:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't plan on getting many new releases this year outside of Persona 5 next month, but for GOTY to be taken from this game, it'd be required a complete masterpiece at this point.

I wouldn't say this game is actually perfect, it has some definite drawbacks, almost all of them tied to performance, but so far, this game is perfect to me. It's everything I would want in a video game. It reminds me why I first liked video games.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 28, 2017

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I completed endings A to E, and all I can say was that it was pretty god drat amazing. I hope my save data helps someone well.

It's probably my favourite finale of any videogame. What a game this has been.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't plan on getting many new releases this year outside of Persona 5 next month, but for GOTY to be taken from this game, it'd be required a complete masterpiece at this point.

I wouldn't say this game is actually perfect, it has some definite drawbacks, almost all of them tied to performance, but so far, this game is perfect to me. It's everything I would want in a video game. It reminds me why I first liked video games.

Sounds good.
Now I just pray even harder for the PC port to be good.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

CrashScreen posted:

I completed endings A to E, and all I can say was that it was pretty god drat amazing. I hope my save data helps someone well.

It's probably my favourite finale of any videogame. What a game this has been.

I finished A-E as well but, I didn't choose to help someone since I want to find a few more joke endings and finish up some other stuff. I assume the "helping" is just showing up during the credits bullet hell stuff when people get to the Square Enix part and it gets crazy.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

frank.club posted:

unless it is a game without a clear ending like Overwatch, most games I play these days I like but I can also temporarily forget about if something comes else comes along in my life. This game keeps bringing me back.

Getting close to finishing route two, looking forward to three!

I just hope I didn't miss out on some of the sidequests permanently. I'm pretty sure I forgot a few. If so, no biggie still.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So does it follow in the Drakenguard/Nier tradition and have stories for all the weapons that are needlessly cruel to children and the infirm?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

So does it follow in the Drakenguard/Nier tradition and have stories for all the weapons that are needlessly cruel to children and the infirm?

I've not noticed any child murder yet but I've not got them all. There's some morbid stuff in there. Some of it is kinda sweet though too.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Without spoilers, are the extra ending routes gotten through repeated content or is there actual new gameplay stuff?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Mindblast posted:

unless it is a game without a clear ending like Overwatch, most games I play these days I like but I can also temporarily forget about if something comes else comes along in my life. This game keeps bringing me back.

Getting close to finishing route two, looking forward to three!

I just hope I didn't miss out on some of the sidequests permanently. I'm pretty sure I forgot a few. If so, no biggie still.

Non-story spoiler for this topic: after the third route, you unlock a chapter select where you can go to a previous part of your game and finish the side quests you didn't complete the first or second round.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

Without spoilers, are the extra ending routes gotten through repeated content or is there actual new gameplay stuff?

Not going to spoil any plot but will tag anyway.

Of the five endings: One ending route is a repeat (B) but the new additions are very interesting. The next two endings are built off a route which is all new content. I'm unsure but I think the True End also builds off the route.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Man, you watch a few Nier videos and all of a sudden your recommendations are all full of channels with videos where the title and thumbnail outright spoil the name of the final boss

These YouTube gaming channels are getting ruder and ruder, I swear.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A new patch just downloaded for me. A handful of bug fixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm in route c but this is just gameplay related did I miss the third pod somewhere? I've had vulcan and missile forever and I chase down every sidequest marker that shows up but I still haven't found the third. Maybe I need to fish it up somewhere?