Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I can just imagine what a 150-200 point Thor Title Character could do; -8 to EE a square regardless of range or line of Fire.

Thus far the only chase I absolutely need is Championpool so I can use my Machho Man Randy Savage voice. Honestly this set is odd, I want a lot of the CUR but the only SRs I honestly feel a need for are Dead Girl and Swarm, which should keep things thankfully cheap for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
If there's one question I hear/see from new players, it's: "What starter/FF stuff should I buy?"

This video addresses it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtueZffnqQw

In fact, that guy's videos are top notch - short, simple, and very well made.

I can't share Tabletop Teacher's YouTube enough.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Old school colossal Sinestro was previewed at the NY Toy Fair today. Pictures all over Facebook.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

300 points today. First game I've had a chance to play in about a month and maybe the last for quite awhile (I'm going to be a daddy soon). Had to run my Shredder Elite's.

Shredder Clone
+Ocean Resurrection
Claw Shredder
Mini Shredder
Foot Ninja (Dual Katana's)

Round 1 versus

Metallo
Ra's Al Ghul

Metallo is kind of the worst matchup for the elites. No outwit and no penetrating damage tricks because of invincible. The only good thing was that we were both going to be doing punching. Chose metallo for the twisted duel and off we went. We ended up playing on a roc map that looks like an outdoor temple. I slowly sidestepped up and he slowly moved up. Eventually we went to it. The various elites were able to really mess up Ra's but metallo laughed at them and laughed harder by making all the shape change rolls. He KO'd my poor ninja and the mini Shredder once. Opponent finally missed some shape change rolls and I knocked him onto impervious and while I did eat some poison damage the shredders managed to KO him with elite tricks.

Round 2 versus Savage Land

Plunderer
Devil Dinosaur
Vertigo
Malice

I lost map and ended up on a roc map that has zip lines? Chose Devil Dinosaur as the duel recipient.

Opponent had plunderer get on some elevated and use the zip line to get on another side of the map while devil sidestepped and the others moved down. I sidestepped slowly up. He spawned drop bears and cleared the rest. I sidestepped some more. He hit a leadership and moved down to within charge range. I used claw and mini Shredder to knock malice to her last click while also koing the drop bears with the elite penetrating. Plunderer hit mini Shredder, and some spawned rockabilly Moody's also hit. Shredder Clone went for plunderer but rolled a 1 for blades since I couldn't base him because of the weird elevation. Claw and mini KO'd some pogs. Foot Ninja was theme probbing. Devil Dino spawned the homicide crabs and Shredder Clone took 1. Other attack missed. Shredder Clone went after Vertigo and KO'd her. Claw Shredder hit plunderer for doubles and knocked him off the elevation and he was elited to death. The Ninja went after malice but missed. Ninja was KO'd by devil Dinosaur, Malice then was KO'd and with only a giant dinosaur left, didn't equip to anyone. Devil then got elited to his invuln click and Shredder Clone flurried and bladed him for the final KO

Round 3 versus TMNT

100 point wave 2 Leonardo
75 point Space Michaelangelo
75 point wave 1 chase Raphael
50 point wave 3 I can carry everyone Donatello

When I heard this was going to be 300 I told Andy to bring a Ninja Turtles squad and even offered to lend him my wave 1 chases cause I was doing Shredders. He made this deceptively hyper mobile TMNT squad that beat whoever he faced round 1 in like 10 minutes and round 2 in 5.

I lost map and we ended up on a map. If you read these you should know what map. It's the only map that Andy loves. (It's the new bridge)
I chose Leonardo for the twisted duel because it was thematic as hell.
He moved up his squad with Donny carrying all of them. Mickey dropped free smoke and then he had them all do sidestep tricks to be behind the Leo/Ralph stealth wall. I sidestepped down the Clone and ninja while leaving the claw and mini in the starting area. Leonardo hit leadership and took a token off Donny and he moved up again. With the chase raph next to Leo and the furthest up. I had just enough charge range with claw Shredder after sidestepping to exploit Raph for 4. Mini Shredder then sidestepped and based him and did 1. Clone just walked down and did 1 more, no more Raphael. Leo charged Shredder and rolled a 3 on blades. Michaelangelo tried to hit as well but couldn't with an 8 AV. Shredder flurried and bladed Leonardo, hit him for a bit. Mikey got elited a bit. Leo pushed to blades Shredder again but missed or rolled bad on blades, I was on a flurry click with battle fury. Shredder broke from Leo and the mini and claw Shredder elited Leo to death while knocking mikey end dial. Mikey and Donny managed to KO the ninja, but the elites were triumphant.

I played a fun game after this against the other guy who went 3-0 and was also playing the turtles. He had all the 50 point turtles, Casey Jones, April, and Splinter from wave 1. Oh this game went so badly for me. 2x outwit and 18-20 defenses are not to be underestimated. Clone Shredder chose Leo and KO'd him early but then was fully murdered on a turn by Raphael, Mikey and Casey they even nailed his shark form. I missed so many easy attacks and sidesteps. Kept getting outwit. Managed one or two hits but was really getting hit harder then I was hitting. Even had claw Shredder get resurrected. Then came the turn where I ,ace all my sidesteps and between attacks and elite damage KO'd Mikey, Casey, Raph, and Splinter. That swung the whole drat game as I was able to get April next turn and Donny couldn't do it by himself.

I can't wait for the next 600 point game so I can do all the elites, Karai, and a much bigger pile of Ninja's

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We had our pre-release tonight. Ten people turned up, so we went through one full case. One lucky guy pulled the ultra-chase, while the other brick had prime Dreadpool.

I ended up running Swarm, Cable, Grizzly, and Chipmunk Hunk, but I was just throwing down in bye rounds.

I love Swarm, but he really didn't pull his weight tonight. Most of that was on my dice; when he can't hit attacks, he can't make bees. Chipmunk Hunk was the MVP, landing lots of unexpected Quakes, breaking up formations, and once heroically wiping out a whole squad of squirrels that were about to form into a Fighting Squirrel Man.

Round one was against Dreadpool, Swordpool, and full power Doop. I started off strong and wiped out Swordpool, but then my dice went cold. I couldn't hit anything, and Doop kept managing to roll the re-position abilities on his chart to keep bees from Poisoning Dreadpool. Got slaughtered without hitting a single attack after Swordpool fell. Dreadpool's a terror, and Doop can be quite the game changer in his own right.

Round two was against three shifting focus Deadpools (he had two Gunpools, a Swordpool, and the Mercs bathrobe to switch around) and Mercs Foolkiller. He blitzed up with all three Deadpools, keeping Swarm tied up so he couldn't multi-target, and hoping that I'd miss attacks so Foolkiller could get his bonuses. But my dice came alive, and I didn't miss until all three Pools were dead.

Round three had me facing Dark Deadpool, Solo, a Rogue Scientist, a Ninja, and Squirrel Girl in the back slowly building up a squirrel army. The strategy to keep me busy with the front four until Squirrel Girl got dangerous was sound, but it did not work out. Cable blasted Solo, then Chipmunk Hunk landed a beautiful Quake to KO Solo and the Scientist, wound the Ninja, and knock Dark Deadpool out of Stealth so that he could get swarmed by bees. Then we spent a while learning that bees, chipmunks, and bears are all superior to squirrels in a fight.

This seems like a very fun set for sealed play. We've got battle royales coming up on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works with those!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
On that topic, the entire set's been spoiled up on HCRealms. Very few generics this time around, which is a bit disappointing to me; I liked how they were making the glut of commons you get work to their advantage by packing that rarity with generic army-builders.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

How did the ultra chase play? Did you get to see any games where that thing was on the board?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

How did the ultra chase play? Did you get to see any games where that thing was on the board?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch most games. From what I gathered, the unicorn got taken down pretty rapidly in the first round by a heavy ranged barrage (Cable and a couple others, I believe), but dominated its next two rounds.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

We had our pre-release today. 2 Boosters, 400 points. No ultra chases pulled today. One player pulled pulp deadpool and Andy pulled Venompool. I pulled the title character Deadpool and ran with him.

My team was

Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth
Fantomex
Hit Monkey
Stingray
Rogue Scientist
Foolkiller

Figured I'd use my double outwits and range and do my thing.

Round 1 I had the bye and played against the Judge's team of

Cable x 2
SR Shiklah

Oh I got STOMPED. Couldn't shoot the cables because I had no IT:Hindering and every time I hit Shiklah my squishy dudes took 2. I did do Deadpool's super attack out of sheer desperation but 2 probs meant I wasn't hitting. Apparently all the bye rounds were cable stomping everyone. Ouch!

Round 2 versus Andy

Venompool
Shifting Focus Gun Deadpool with Bathrobe on the sideline
Massacre
Domino
Madcap

Maybe something else? I can't remember.

I won map and we played on the Roc map with a ton of water. I wanted my seapool to have his defense boosts. Planeswalker Deadpool ruled this game from start to finish. His ability to just continually build plot points until he was ready and then come in as the ultimate distraction was huge. With a team heavy on RCE and such that's basically a board wide outwit. I never pulled off his super power, but I never had to. With Deadpool being a distraction Fantomex and Hit Monkey went to work. Hit Monkey was the bane of Domino.

Round 3 versus a huge swarm

I'm gonna try to recall all of it.

2 Mercenaries
Deadpool that can roll a die and phase half
Grizzly
A lady mutant with charge and super strength
Asp
An x static guy with RS/Psychic

I lost map and we ended up on a Roc map that was 2 subway cars. This was a bad choice for him, it limited his firing lines and how he could come to me. I actually ended up with 8 plot points on Deadpool before it was shooting time. Fantomex and Stimgray's EE were devestating, and multiple turns of Deadpool distracting really screwed him up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I went 2-1 -- my team was a slaughtering machine if certain jerkbag title characters weren't spending every turn taking away all my ES/D, combat reflexes, and RCE -- but I pulled Venompool and Hammer out of two boosters, so, y'know. I win.

Also don't sleep on Madcap, his ability to force adjacent characters to attack only him and his healing lets you use him to really manipulate the game to your liking.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 27, 2017

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I've had no luck in two pre-release events with pulls or wins.

The first event, I ran: Tombstone, Grizzly, Wolverine, Psylocke

The second event: Fantomex, Foolkiller (DP Outfit), Hit-Monkey, and Anarchist

The pieces are a ton of fun, but I just couldn't roll for anything when I needed to. The only win I had in two events was from a bye round. :smith:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had our prerelease on Sunday, our group burned through two cases. No unicorn but three chases and two primes were pulled, two of those by me; out of four boosters I pulled Hulkpool, Prime Rare Deadpool, Dead Girl, and Stryfe whom I traded for Hammer. Considering the latter three were my top wants out of this set I have no complaints whatsoever. I had planned to play but a late player showed up so we wound up not needing bye rounds.

Amongst the things I saw pulled and played: Captain Pool was hampered by the guy's poor dice, as the only thing he could consistently roll was his own shape change. His Chipmunk hunk, however, put in work and scored the few KOs of the day for him.

A team of Dreadpool, Domino, and Title DP was the ultimate victor; not many teams could withstand the map wide Outsiders and four attacks per turn thanks to Dreadpool's trait. Domino never got hit entirely because of her Trait, forcing misses by 1 every time she Probbed an attack against her.

Second finalist was a team of Stingray, half doop and two Dark deadpool, which had incredible mobility due to the DDs jumping around.

A team of SR Shikla and Madcap was faring well; Shikla herself honestly seemed pretty terrible, she rarely did anything other than draw fire and toss out sort-of-Mystics, often getting blasted off of Charge well before being close enough. Madcap was the MVP however and only died once, when Shatterstar landed a lucky 6 blades; other than that it was rare for Madcap to be on any click but 1.

Golden Age Deadpool was the other chase pulled and didn't seem particularly special; only carrying cheaper figures limits him and the 18 defend made him a huge target. Also that comic panel is booty.

Tomorrow is 400 point named themed team and I'm itching to run Hulked Out X-Men with Hulkpool, Hulklops, and Wolverage, using the prime Deadpool to revert. Three Hulks that revert into two dudes with auto healing and a guy that doubles the healing of X-Men.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Next week at my venue is the following very stupid event:

quote:

Build 300 point theme team. 4 player game to get the artifact. (see below) If we have not enough players to make 4 way game we can perform a 2 or 3 way but VP bonus only 1.5 multiplier to total score. Points will be based on total of opposing figures a player removes.

Additional Info

Each board with have 4 players with 4 special markers in the center. Each player roles 1D6 to determine placement order, Then EVERY round you roll 1D6 to determine order of play. Treat the special objects as Ultralight object that can not be destroyed and can be moved only by TK or picking up per regular rules of play. If all 4 objects are brought back to your starting area for one full turn the game will end. If objects are recovered double the victory points for the player that round. A successful HTH attack on a character carrying an object can cause zero damage and in stead the attacker takes the object from the character.

Starting area will be 3x3 corner of the map if the map does not contain 4 starting areas.
Normally I would just skip that week, but we got prize support in and Ms. America is going to be the prize, and I loving want her, so I've got to build something. Modern/Golden figures allowed, no feats or BFCs, highlander rule.

So far I've thought of two teams. First is the obvious "gonna go fast" one:
KC Flash
DC10 or Hypertime Flash, depending on if I have/can find Hypertime Flash

Second goes in the opposite direction of "how about nobody goes fast":
Turtle
Felix Faust
Captain Cold
Trickster (who's there just for the flight and sidestep so he can move people around)

That's what I've got so far. Help me break this stupid, stupid scenario.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ms. America? Did they announce an America Chavez LE and I missed it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Ms. America? Did they announce an America Chavez LE and I missed it?
Oh yes they did and she's so goddamn good.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Some articles on upcoming rules changes were posted yesterday.

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/03/01/introduction-and-goals/
http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/03/01/heroclix-2017-rules-1-new-rules-language/

These 2 talk about standardization of language. Instead of close combat action, it'll be CLOSE. Free Action just becomes FREE. No more character can use stuff either.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

For the most part this seems pretty straightforward and I have no qualms with it, but I'm curious about the "at no cost" phrasing and what the "cost" might be on other powers. It seems like they just removed the language making close combat actions free actions as part of Charge, et al, which would greatly diminish the jankiness of certain figures that shut down or punish free actions.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

For the most part this seems pretty straightforward and I have no qualms with it, but I'm curious about the "at no cost" phrasing and what the "cost" might be on other powers. It seems like they just removed the language making close combat actions free actions as part of Charge, et al, which would greatly diminish the jankiness of certain figures that shut down or punish free actions.
...huh. That's actually huge.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I pulled the Ultra Chase Rainbow Unicorn Deadpool.

I am so torn, because it is awesome, but I also like money.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I pulled the Ultra Chase Rainbow Unicorn Deadpool.

I am so torn, because it is awesome, but I also like money.

Man I'd sell it. It's fun but 200 bucks is too much to pass up

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

New Rules article!

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/03/02/heroclix-2017-rules-2-keywords/

Non-Generic Theme Teams now get a max of 5 theme team probs no matter what.

Leadership gets a boost/nerf. The +1 action total now happens regardless of any rolls but it's a unique modifier so that's it You are only getting +1. On a 5-6 though? You can remove an action token like before but if they share a keyword with you points don't matter. All those leonardo's just became holy poo poo good.

Mastermind gets a huge change. Like leadership keywords trump point cost and it's quite clear that when you mastermind you are making the person you are masterminding to the target of the attack. That means mastermind will trigger mystics, senses, etc.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Leadership gets a boost/nerf. The +1 action total now happens regardless of any rolls but it's a unique modifier so that's it You are only getting +1. On a 5-6 though? You can remove an action token like before but if they share a keyword with you points don't matter. All those leonardo's just became holy poo poo good.

That sounds great for, like, just about every Captain America piece - but it sounds like terrible news for swarm teams.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Mastermind gets a huge change. Like leadership keywords trump point cost and it's quite clear that when you mastermind you are making the person you are masterminding to the target of the attack. That means mastermind will trigger mystics, senses, etc.
Also EE just became a solid counter to Mastermind, because if you can catch everyone adjacent in the blast, they've got no unhit targets to hide behind.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red posted:

That sounds great for, like, just about every Captain America piece - but it sounds like terrible news for swarm teams.

It's funny that the justification for the leadership changes are "too many leaderships means you can double your actions! But if you don't make them then your team is useless!" when it's that exact risk/reward complexity that I enjoyed most about big swarms. Also my big swarms are now useless, WizKids please fix this.

Overall I'm happy with all of these changes aside from the Unique Modifier bunk, which I still think is cool on smaller teams or for say a 4 figure 300 points Turtles team.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

My shield team with NFAOS Iron Man does cry a little bit over the leadership change.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Also, it seems you can now be given a Theme Prob token even if you've taken an action already that turn.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

First, I'll say I hate the language butchery. I don't like that it does seem to be getting abbreviated to an excessive degree contrary to their assertions. Granted, that may be because we're not seeing the whole rulebook, but it certainly prevents the text from flowing well. That said, I do like the changes they announced, especially with Leadership. Now there's no more same-point frustration. They must have had that in mind when they made all the Leonardos, taking the long view and letting people grouse about it until now.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think our group is going to half and half the leadership changes. We'll use the old rules but add in the shared keyword thing for token removal. Too many of us enjoy Hydra or Shield style teams where a lot of the generics have leadership as well.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

"the language flowing" led to a bunch of stupid bullshit readings that half of the time wound up being technically correct and had to be errataed after they started loving everything up.

butcher it harder imo

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I AM THE MOON posted:

"the language flowing" led to a bunch of stupid bullshit readings that half of the time wound up being technically correct and had to be errataed after they started loving everything up.

butcher it harder imo

The real problem was that much of the time they knew very roughly what they wanted to say but not how to say it, like they had some accounting intern write it. Then later they changed their minds and decided that it should work differently so they had to change the ruling to overturn the existing one. On top of that there's at least one change they've acknowledged they should make by stating that Super Senses should be read as "When this character would be hit" but haven't done so. I wouldn't say that they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater here, but I think they are at least getting soap in its eyes.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Next week at my venue is the following very stupid event:
Normally I would just skip that week, but we got prize support in and Ms. America is going to be the prize, and I loving want her, so I've got to build something. Modern/Golden figures allowed, no feats or BFCs, highlander rule.

So far I've thought of two teams. First is the obvious "gonna go fast" one:
KC Flash
DC10 or Hypertime Flash, depending on if I have/can find Hypertime Flash

Second goes in the opposite direction of "how about nobody goes fast":
Turtle
Felix Faust
Captain Cold
Trickster (who's there just for the flight and sidestep so he can move people around)

That's what I've got so far. Help me break this stupid, stupid scenario.

I played in this event today. I agreed with Andy that Flashes were probably going to be everywhere, so I built something way too mean in hindsight.

Jakeem Thunder with Eclipso
Felix Faust
JW Green Lantern
Pandora's box with Wrath and Lust

Plan was to toss wrath on Jakeem and Lust on Faust. Faust would do Faust shutdown things and Jakeem would be the hammer. I chose the dial that when you have 2 sins you get perplex or charge.

Except not one person in the entire event did a Flash team, so I just ended up with cheese.

Highlights are in round 1 Jakeem with super strength and an ultra one shotting Balls of Fury. Then fighting a domino for forever that he just could not hit because of her drat -1 trait. I'd choose flurry, be probbed into a miss attack 1, then crit miss the second and have to prob again giving me a -2 AV and Damage. Eventually I just went to poison.

Round 2 2 players jumped me right away, going for Jakeem early before he could do Jakeem things while a Metron took potshots and kill stole. Eventually the three of us called truce ( as Jakeem was wrecking house) and Jakeem murdered Metron with a psyblast and then precision strike hyper hit

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got to play my Hulked Out Heroes finally today, and they did about as I expected: they have trouble getting close enough but will murderize anything that wanders nearby. I'd forgotten how hampered the old ones are by lack of Indom, and in today's game an inability to ignore terrain is brutal too. Hulkpool provides some much needed support, and when I rolled well enough to counter everything he was incredibly useful. His comic panel is nearly worthless as his Trait only triggers when a single target is hit, and it's almost always better to chance the healing/countering roll. That he busts walls and has Indom makes him leagues better than his compatriots, but not ignoring hindering means his Kool-Aid Man trick can cause him to get stymied easily.

Overall a fun, straightforward figure, but I'm glad I'm trading him for Pirate Deadpool whom I intend to play the hell out of.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Rules Part 3.

http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/03/06/heroclix-2017-rules-3-timing/

In which action order gets cleaned up and Poison takes a major hit to the dick.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Rules Part 3.

Hey, Killing Joke Joker! Literally everything you were built around doesn't work any more!

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

Rules Part 3.

Wow, this almost makes me hate the game. Beginning-of-turn free actions are some of my favorite combos. No more Sidestep/Leadership, Sidestep/ID card, Sidestep/Outwit/Poison... this feels more like a new player who had something done to them that they did not like, and so declared a house rule saying that nobody can do that. This is a massively-disheartening change.

I guess the only plus side is that the changes aren't final yet, so if enough people tell them how dumb this is for long enough, they might relent.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I understand wanting to simplify to make it easier for new players to learn and existing players to understand power interactions, but this feels like an oversimplification at the cost of advanced strategy and depth of play. Some of those weird unexpected interactions were the best things about the game and to lose them feels like losing an integral part of what makes this game unique. I still remember how excited I was when my friends and I realized you could pair Out, Sidestep, and Poison.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Rules Part 3.

I can understand that WK doesn't want you to have to explain to a new player that PLOPS happens after UXM Mystique's trait's effect, for example.

Now, that said, I feel like there are a mountain of characters with Sidestep or Outwit and Poison that just had their kneecaps broken.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

Now, that said, I feel like there are a mountain of characters with Sidestep or Outwit and Poison that just had their kneecaps broken.

Modern-legal, we are talking:

Sidestep/Poison - 76
Outwit/Poison - 45
Sidestep/Outwit/Poison - 20
Sidestep/Leadership - 84

So, yeah. Not small numbers. And, seriously, make some noise. We're not to the point where they've set these in stone yet.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't know. All that 'squeezing in free actions at the beginning of turns' stuff always felt pretty cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I don't know. All that 'squeezing in free actions at the beginning of turns' stuff always felt pretty cheap.

Not to mention the sloth trick where you could declare end of turn, heal, and then do all your sidesteps, perplexes and outwits.

• Locked thread