Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I wrote a python program to get around having to click "download image". Clearly I'm too lazy for 2 minutes in GIMP. :qq:

Use Imagemagick

convert first.jpg second.jpg third.jpg -append -resize 1200x100000 output.jpg

(that resize will not actually make it 100000 pixels tall, it will scale it proportionally to which ever dimension is smaller)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Republicans? :confused:

(This is easy)

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

That's supposed to be a COYOTE???!!??!?!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jay Rust posted:

Republicans? :confused:

(This is easy)
I was more thinking that this is another fundamental problem: how do you do any kind of immigration control based on what people think about things?

Edit: I already know the punchline: you know what people think about things by the color of their skin.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 28, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

...then he would've banned travel from Saudi Arabia. Gee, I wonder why that didn't happen?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Oh great, I wanted to stop posting the nazi gently caress and he instantly quit

:byewhore:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Now wish for Ramirez to quit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somfin posted:

He's already spent more than a year of his life unemployed, with nothing to show for it except poorly-drawn comics that will make any American employer fire him on the spot if he shows them to anyone. His work is clearly not good enough to earn him anything but the total chaos fringe of wingnut welfare, but he's too well-known to escape the spotlight and too obvious to hide from its glare. His fans are the loudest and stupidest of the idiot substrate, and will helpfully broadcast any work of his that they find.

He'll be back drawing within a month, with a comic explaining how living in your stepdad's basement is totally rad and anyone who flats or rents is a mindkilled Illuminati slave.

I don't want to stress someone who is evidently just awakened from a four month coma, but...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

whomupclicklike posted:

I feel like anyone who decently keeps up with the news would be able to get this one.

Two weeks is a lot longer than it used to be

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

They really should be doing something about the Fiscal Cliff Road at Mt. Debt after so many accidents there over the last 8 years :ohdear:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What the gently caress is this sub-concern-troll-tier homonationalist trash. Nobody buys it, Drinksley.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

hamburgers in pockets posted:

...then he would've banned travel from Saudi Arabia. Gee, I wonder why that didn't happen?
I know Saudis who are okay with gays.

It's stupid beyond any level of discussion about what country or whatever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Trogdos! posted:

Wish for Mike Lester to irreparably shatter both his hands

QUICKLY WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE SHINE

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Holy poo poo Warren is stupid for wanting the DNC to go left, when the way forward is obviously turning right!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Munchables posted:

That's supposed to be a COYOTE???!!??!?!

it's supposed to be a tiger but that would be too on the nose

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prickly City should be called Calvin and Hobbes, because it's predestined to be nasty, brutish, and suck.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What really strikes me about Prickly City is that it's so much loving nothing. Ever since the election ended it's been almost nonstop of the same strip, every day, where the two characters freak out and scream incredibly vague, nebulous complaints about their anxiety for the future and their confusion over the present. Every strip is basically the same as the last.

WINSLOW I'M SO ANGRY AND SCARED
THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE
I'M TRYING TO SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE THOUGH
BUT IT'S VERY DIFFICULT!!!

Almost none of them address even the barest specifics. It's just screaming into a void while trying really hard not to let the void know what you're really talking about. I don't understand it. Why the aversion to clarity? Why keep things so generic and bland? It's going loving nowhere. I remember a few brief, interrupted/dropped storyline arcs they were going to do like when the nearby city hacked their election or something but all that quickly fell away to just directionless angst.
loving do something already, you're a comic strip.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Vib Rib posted:

What really strikes me about Prickly City is that it's so much loving nothing. Ever since the election ended it's been almost nonstop of the same strip, every day, where the two characters freak out and scream incredibly vague, nebulous complaints about their anxiety for the future and their confusion over the present. Every strip is basically the same as the last.

WINSLOW I'M SO ANGRY AND SCARED
THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE
I'M TRYING TO SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE THOUGH
BUT IT'S VERY DIFFICULT!!!

Almost none of them address even the barest specifics. It's just screaming into a void while trying really hard not to let the void know what you're really talking about. I don't understand it. Why the aversion to clarity? Why keep things so generic and bland? It's going loving nowhere. I remember a few brief, interrupted/dropped storyline arcs they were going to do like when the nearby city hacked their election or something but all that quickly fell away to just directionless angst.
loving do something already, you're a comic strip.

Yeah, you gotta wonder who'd read that poo poo. Even Tinsley has appeal to the wingnuts and Fox news watchers who've got to get their daily dose of culture war. Other strips that do the same joke every day usually have nostalgia on their side, like Family Circus. What does this strip possibly have going for it?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Calvin and Hobbes posted:

Prickly City should be called Calvin and Hobbes, because it's predestined to be nasty, brutish, and suck.

:gerty:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I'm not opposed to adding that checkbox on the immigration questionnaire.

"Do you think homosexuality is a crime? yes [ ] no [ ]"

Of course Tinsley believes that opinions can be predicted according to country of origin because he's racist.

Pants Donkey posted:

Now wish for Ramirez to quit

Someone could give a hot tip to the ICE about a dangerous (the secret services have a file on him), suspected illegal immigrant (he's got a Spanish name, that makes him a suspect) propagandist.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Keiya posted:

Trumth?
Tya?tn.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cat Mattress posted:

Someone could give a hot tip to the ICE about a dangerous (the secret services have a file on him), suspected illegal immigrant (he's got a Spanish name, that makes him a suspect) propagandist.

He's half Japanese as well so he's an enemy of the State.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Starshark posted:

He's half Japanese as well so he's an enemy of the State.

Unindicted co-conspirators since 1941!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

well gosh going left would be certain death! :ohdear:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

As a cartoonist, sometimes it's nice to just go for a laugh!
Labels: America, Clinton, Election, Hillary, Oscar, Politics, Presidency, trump

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

"What if we make the test 'do you oppose gay marriage'?"

"Um...L-let's not go n-nuts here, there are some valid arguments..."

I'm beginning to think that if Hitler were alive today, he'd be considered a good friend of Israel.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vib Rib posted:

Almost none of them address even the barest specifics. It's just screaming into a void while trying really hard not to let the void know what you're really talking about. I don't understand it. Why the aversion to clarity? Why keep things so generic and bland?
Two week delay plus conservative writers who haven't stopped drinking all the Flavor-Aid yet.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

whomupclicklike posted:

I feel like anyone who decently keeps up with the news would be able to get this one.
It really just makes the 2 week delay more evident. I see this and think "wow this guy is STILL talking about this?"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I thought this idiot was trying to deny he was a nazi? Or did I misunderstand?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

BigglesSWE posted:

I thought this idiot was trying to deny he was a nazi? Or did I misunderstand?

he's not a nazi, he just has nazi beliefs and behaviours and constantly adopts nazi symbolism to court nazis. totally different

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He's not a Nazi in the same way that 0.999.... is not 1.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
No one will be able to appreciate Elizabeth Warren's amazing flying car as long as you don't trust the left

A Contrabulus Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel cartoon.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ohman subbing in to write today's Ye Fowl Herald

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Ohman subbing in to write today's Ye Fowl Herald

I like that he got the medial s right.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

CoolCab posted:

he's not a nazi, he just has nazi beliefs and behaviours and constantly adopts nazi symbolism to court nazis. totally different

Everybody wants to be a nazi, but nobody wants to be called a nazi.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

WORDS.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Red Panels is literally human garbage and I hope he never finds a job and ends up alone under a bridge for the rest of his days.

• Locked thread