Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

powerful sex moves posted:

I legit like both of those movies. Not everyone who likes things you don't is faking or pretentious or whatever. They just have different taste and that's okay, my man.

with one exception

the star wars prequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

botw should always have mike, jay, rich, and either a guest or jack. the canadians are the exception where you can drop one of the main cast members.

but botw should always have jay, mike, and rich.

okay what if it was jay, rich and the two canadians?

no mike, but canada

:shrug:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FrensaGeran posted:

no mike, but canada

I'd be down for that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the canadians get a pass because the taller more stoned one has a real good mike vibe going. stoic.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FrensaGeran posted:

no mike, but canada

that would be an awesome epsiode

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

that would be an awesome epsiode

ok now how bout

josh
jack
tall stoned canadian
max landis

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
get rid of josh and that might be a good episode

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
why didn't those HACCKS review oscard winning FILM MOONLIGHT

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

why didn't those HACCKS review oscard winning FILM MOONLIGHT

Oscar box check: The movie.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

JB50 posted:

Didn't have any disabled people in it, not a biopic or a historical drama. Basically checks no boxes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dmitri-9 posted:

Didn't have any disabled people in it, not a biopic or a historical drama. Basically checks no boxes.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-aEUulEDQ&t=133s

JB50 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 28, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

:sad:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

That's just census data. By that logic Dope was Oscar bait. Although I will cede "adapted from a play".

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
I just saw someone get no-joke mad that RLM hadn't reviewed Get Out yet.

IT'S AN IMPORTANT MOVIE IT IS HIGHLY REVIEWED DON'T THEY REVIEW POPULAR MOVIES EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

To be fair though, the guy does have the flu and had just shot out both ends.

Super Fan posted:

You are indeed a vidiot

I can confirm that among the people who have bad opinions on videos aka everyone in this thread except me, vidiot is one such person.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
they couldn't talk about loving RED TAILS without people calling them racists, there's no way they are doing :frogout:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Haven't they mentioned Get Out somewhere? RLM is pretty much the only source of info about new movies I have, and I knew about this movie before Max Landis made a video about it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Movies make important statements that can change the world!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

I don't get this, moonlight was based on the writer + director's experiences growing up in Miami?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JFairfax posted:

I don't get this, moonlight was based on the writer + director's experiences growing up in Miami?

How does that refute anything I said?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

get rid of josh and that might be a good episode

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JB50 posted:

I'm actually shocked La La Land didn't win because Hollywood loving LOVES movies about Hollywood.

See, The Artist.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The better movie won.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

WampaLord posted:

I'm actually shocked La La Land didn't win because Hollywood loving LOVES movies about Hollywood.

See, The Artist.

also, Birdman.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Trunko posted:

Movies make important statements that can change the world!

I'm gonna go see Get Out soon, but I'm worried that my expectations are gonna be too high.

Like, given how all my friends and the critics are gushing about it, the only way the movie could actually live up to its hype would be if it both completely solved racism and also gave me a slow and loving blowjob right there in my seat.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well me, personally, I'm going to watch this good movie because it's good and enjoy it, because it's good.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

Well me, personally, I'm going to watch this good movie because it's good and enjoy it, because it's good.

gently caress movies!

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Birdman was a fairly good movie though. As in, not just jerking off Oscar bait but an actual film.

Plus it was mostly about stage acting, and there's a different awards for that.

LanceHunter posted:

I'm gonna go see Get Out soon, but I'm worried that my expectations are gonna be too high.

Like, given how all my friends and the critics are gushing about it, the only way the movie could actually live up to its hype would be if it both completely solved racism and also gave me a slow and loving blowjob right there in my seat.

Feel Good Oscar Movies(tm) particularly ones about sensitive racial issues(c) happen several times a year.

Remember when Rent was marketed as what people are saying Get Out is?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Birdman is one of my least favourite Oscar winners ever but then i totally loved the Revenant.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my favorite part in rent is where the filmmaker artist is filming a homeless black woman and she was just like "gently caress you for filming me you loving artist."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rent is a garbage piece of poo poo

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Birdman is loving amazing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rent is a garbage piece of poo poo

Watch Lindsey Ellis' great takedown of Rent.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Watch Lindsey Ellis' great takedown of Rent.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qfFbtIj5w

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Remember when Crash both won best picture and ended racism? Good times, good times.

Also Lindsey Ellis is great.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm glad La La Land got publicly humiliated because musicals are bad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm glad La La Land got publicly humiliated because musicals are bad

Les Mis and Hedwig are the only good musicals because they're based on good as hell source material.

Unfortunately Hollywood decided to cast talentless hacks in the musical version of the movie and left out so much good poo poo.

e: also lol at the film's Javert (Russell Crowe) suicide

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 28, 2017

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

revdrkevind posted:

Feel Good Oscar Movies(tm) particularly ones about sensitive racial issues(c) happen several times a year.

Remember when Rent was marketed as what people are saying Get Out is?

I think you're confusing Get Out with Moonlight. I don't remember anyone saying that Rent was an amazing new development in psychological horror.

Seconding Lindsey Ellis being awesome, though. I also like her associate Dan Olson, though he can sometimes wander a tiny bit too far onto the pretentious side. I can imagine that if Mike Stoklasa had decided to get an MFA then Dan Olson would be the guy he became.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Watching this now, it's very good but I'm getting PTSD from all the Rent movie clips. What a piece of poo poo movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Watching this now, it's very good but I'm getting PTSD from all the Rent movie clips. What a piece of poo poo movie.

The last minute of that review is possibly the best thing on youtube (especially if you've seen the documentary How to Survive a Plague).

• Locked thread