Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
page 100 and weed is still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
can confirm

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
Uhh i've been smoking bowls all day long for like a month now Should I Stop?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

polysynth posted:

Uhh i've been smoking bowls all day long for like a month now Should I Stop?

:confused:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Earwicker posted:

i have returned from the western lands with many weeds. cherry pie, thin mint cookies, sunset sherbet, and some gorilla glue chocolate that i already finished

Cherry Pie is near the top of my wish list, since it's a cross of two of my favorite strains (Durban Poison and Granddaddy Purple,) but I haven't seen it in a dispensary yet. How is it?

Earwicker posted:

in Seattle i went to the first "big business" dispensary I've seen so far. not that a huge company was necessarily running the place but it was big, there was a huge line, they were trying to get everyone in and out in a hurry, and everything they were selling was prepackaged and heavily branded.

I've been noticing this more and more, just over the past 6 months. Six months ago, most dispensaries I had been in had everything in big, bulk jars, and they measured out the amount you wanted, then packaged it in a plastic vial and handwrote a label with the name of the strain. Now I'm seeing a lot more stuff that's been pre-packaged into heat-sealed bags, and they're usually branded with the grower's name/brand/logo. I think it's cool and interesting that growers are trying to brand themselves.
(Not cool on the long lines and being rushed through, though)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
weed

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yes hello

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
meeq

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Aging Millenial posted:

So how often do you guys take a tolerance break and for how long?

usually i'm 24/7 stoned for half a year, then sober for half a year, etc.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
News articles lately about Feds cracking down on recreational weed. Any goons know more about the reality of the situation or some other useful stuff?

Also: civil rights are a state's rights issue, recreational weed is federal? I don't understand :confused:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I smoked a lot today haha

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

phallocentriloquist posted:

News articles lately about Feds cracking down on recreational weed. Any goons know more about the reality of the situation or some other useful stuff?

Also: civil rights are a state's rights issue, recreational weed is federal? I don't understand :confused:

nobody is sure what to expect yet but it doesnt sound extremely promising

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mnemosyne posted:

Cherry Pie is near the top of my wish list, since it's a cross of two of my favorite strains (Durban Poison and Granddaddy Purple,) but I haven't seen it in a dispensary yet. How is it?

its pretty mellow and relaxing, tastes very good. my main guy here in NYC had it for a while but I always went with Girl Scout Cookies instead (he always has just two choices), but I got some prerolls of Cherry Pie in Oregon and smoked one right before playing a show, it was a great time so I picked up some more

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

So far it's only been Spicer in a press meeting saying "I do believe you will see greater enforcement of it," (regarding enforcing federal law prohibiting recreational use, but not messing with medical use). It doesn't seem to be anything that they have any concrete plans at this point. I think it's just a bunch of dick-waving and intimidation talk. If they do decide to follow through, they'll most likely raid a few dispensaries to try to send a message.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

If the Trump administration wants to pursue, here's probably what will happen: stepped up federal enforcement in the form of DEA raids of state-legal dispensaries and manufacturing facilities (warehouses that grow weed). Similar to DEA raids of dispensaries in previous years, this won't really do much of anything to actually stop anyone. Your prescription, afaik, counts as privileged medical information so no worry that they'll then go arrest everyone that is on the dispensary's patient list (that would be a massive political/logistical/legal nightmare on its own). What ends up happening most of the time is the raid just takes all the inventory + shuts down the store which reopens a week later elsewhere.

Then, the states sue the federal gov't asserting their contitutional rights. Then, a judge puts an injunction on further DEA raids of state-legal businesses. Then a court case goes back and forth through the appeals courts for a couple years before it gets to the SCOTUS. They might rule either way but at that point I'd be amazed if they decided that the federal gov't had the authority to tell the states they can't legalize marijuana - even the conservative judges on the bench won't like that v much if I remember their previous decisions right.

In effect this means nothing will really change for you aside from maybe inconvenience if your dispensary gets shut down.

your mileage may vary but that's probably how it will go down.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Help I can't stop getting high af and making hardcore techno beats because I'm a time traveling retard

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah it is most likely empty rhetoric. it could slow down states that recently legalized from getting started though.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

thathonkey posted:

yeah it is most likely empty rhetoric. it could slow down states that recently legalized from getting started though.

It'll also probably give opponents more reason to keep non-legal states from introducing new bills to legalize. :(

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

fyodor posted:

Lol when the dispensary is all "you want a dab for the road?" Maybe I should do some shots too, bro?

maybe you should daisy

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

phone postin :rznv:

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Holy poo poo I ate a weed brownie an hour before I normally wake up, woke up an hour and a half later and had a brekky bong, and now I feel like I've been launched into space

Feelin good

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oooook RSOs and their ilk mean business, time to clean up for a long time

In the meantime I will take this fancy orb bottle of 75% proof and just dump RSOs into it for a few months as budget allows and let it become a darkened mass of mental ruination

EDIT: Cool things about weed that I like, I have very poor sleep quality sometimes and I only got like 3 hours before a 12 hour workday, and yet, despite that, I just felt a bit weak and goopy instead of having a murderous headache and a desire to die

And I wasn't even high I had been two days before and it was STILL enough to soften the blow

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it took me 2 hours to write a simple batch file cuz I was so high earlier lol

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

it took me 2 hours to write a simple batch file cuz I was so high earlier lol

code:
@echo off
set time=420
:smokeweed
if %time% equ 420 (
    echo smoke weed ery day  
    goto :smokeweed 
)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
So THC ends up in your fat cells, right? Or is it some metabolite or whatever? What I'm asking is, if you smoke a ton for a long time, and you're fat, and then you get sober and start losing weight fast, do you get high?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yes and also if you crack your back it can give you an acid flashback

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poo poo if being a pothead meant working out got you blazed we'd all be swole AF

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

poo poo if being a pothead meant working out got you blazed we'd all be swole AF

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
100 pages of research, and the result is a unanimous consensus that weed is good

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Zorodius posted:

100 pages of research, and the result is a unanimous consensus that weed is good

Thank christ, I was starting to get worried about that.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

spread some coconut oil ya made in your slow cooker with your AVB and stick er on toast under ya vegemite before work every day of a two month project and youll be feelin fuckin heaps good all day mate :cool:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Zorodius posted:

dont worry im sure the DEA is taking notes and is going to change their position very soon

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How do I smoke weed and not get intense paranoia

It's getting old having everyone listening in on my thoughts

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

easy you calm the gently caress down and fight through the haze to angrily say "This is just from the weed and it is RUINING the chill, gently caress off" and it's gone much like your cares

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

or you can realize: it doesn't matter if people can listen to your thoughts, everyone else thinks just as much hosed up and stupid poo poo as you do, you have nothing to be ashamed of and you can think whatever thoughts you want, this is your brain after all.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 28, 2017

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Fried Watermelon posted:

Smoke more weed to build up a tolerance or wear a tinfoil hat. I used to get pretty paranoid too but then I realized there's a radio in my fingernail and there isn't much I can do about it :shrug:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Try chewing peppercorns and lemon peel.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
why not just listen to other people's thoughts if it's that easy

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

smoke weed by yourself until either you are cool around other people or lose all your friends anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I do smoke it by myself.

The paranoid thoughts are that they can listen to my thoughts ALL THE TIME, it's just when high I "realize" that they can and are listening in all the time. They just don't say anything because it would freak me out obviously.