Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Jaal looks pretty neat but they're all too humanoid. I understand why they are so people can relate and "Understand their emotions" but I hope some day we can get some real aliens. Imagine riding an Elcor into battle or having a sweet Hanar squad mate.

Too difficult to animate and rig, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Why does Jaal look so feminine?

Uh oh...

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I want a squad mate that's made up of nothing but gas. Like those dudes in Star Control 2 (Edit: Slylandro). Have float around in a bubble or something. There, no animation effort needed.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Monolith. posted:

Jaal looks pretty neat but they're all too humanoid. I understand why they are so people can relate and "Understand their emotions" but I hope some day we can get some real aliens. Imagine riding an Elcor into battle or having a sweet Hanar squad mate.

One of my biggest worries with this game is if the Angaran and Kett are the only new races we see in Andromeda.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

The_Doctor posted:

Well, she's probably the Illusive Man's daughter, and he's horribly right wing. So... literal Hitler youth?

I'm hoping that is a red herring. They seem to want a clean break from the baggage of the previous series so dragging Cerberus and TiM in would muddy the waters.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

cora harper looks movie quality sci-fi tho, like u could see her character design in an aliens film. the rest, ehhhhhh

I like how that sums it up about her look.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PureRok posted:

I want a squad mate that's made up of nothing but gas. Like those dudes in Star Control 2 (Edit: Slylandro). Have float around in a bubble or something. There, no animation effort needed.

they already made the volus

what we really needed was the zoq-fot-pik

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Earlier in the thread somebody called Cora's haircut the "I want to speak to the manager," and that about summed it up for me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

or the umgah

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Monolith. posted:

At least the Turians and Krogans look different. Asari are blue humans wearing a tentacle hat.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Go-toh and the other droid squadmate in KotoR (not HK-47) are very non-humanoid and yet worked as party members. So I don't see why Bioware would only use humanoid squadmates. The Elcor and Hanar probably won't work in the fast paced ME combat, but BW could probably design an Andromeda race with four legs that's quick on their feet and can join us as party members in Andromeda2.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Decius posted:

I always feel like the ship should land on its snout in this picture. This doesn't look balanced at all.

All the weight is in the back because of the drive core, Joker mentions this in ME2.

e; Game's gonna be poo poo just like the last three Mass Effect games.

Much like the last 3 threads:

Drifter posted:

She has very masculine features, like 5-o'clock shadow and a square, rugged chin.

Also, for some reason combined with everything, her cheeks and upper lip area looks very mannish. I guess it is because she has no dimples.

4 out of 10, will likely regretfully bang.

:goonsay:

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 28, 2017

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Cowcaster posted:

they already made the volus

what we really needed was the zoq-fot-pik

Star Control had some wonderful aliens creations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I will forgive Peebee her name if she's funny. Sera was often funny and it was her, uh, extremely anti-authoritarian perspective that made her kind of a drag, so if Peebee is Sera without the mooning people or spray-painting EAT SHITE on a Turian ship or whatever, then that's good enough. Though I think I'd still laugh if Peebee spray-painted EAT SHITE on a Turian ship when she has an American dialect.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Torrannor posted:

Go-toh and the other droid squadmate in KotoR (not HK-47) are very non-humanoid and yet worked as party members. So I don't see why Bioware would only use humanoid squadmates. The Elcor and Hanar probably won't work in the fast paced ME combat, but BW could probably design an Andromeda race with four legs that's quick on their feet and can join us as party members in Andromeda2.

putting aside G0-T0 was Obsidian, it's also, like a floating orb with no real animations? the astrodroid whatsit didn't really have many animations either.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homullus posted:

I will forgive Peebee her name if she's funny. Sera was often funny and it was her, uh, extremely anti-authoritarian perspective that made her kind of a drag, so if Peebee is Sera without the mooning people or spray-painting EAT SHITE on a Turian ship or whatever, then that's good enough. Though I think I'd still laugh if Peebee spray-painted EAT SHITE on a Turian ship when she has an American dialect.

wow this is the polar opposite of my opinion of sera. she was tolerable when she was just loving up rich people but whenever she got leaned on for comic relief it was loving garbage. her talking like young hugh laurie had suffered a massive, debilitating stroke didn't help

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I think the revulsion people have towards PeePee besides her unfortunate namesake is that her description conjures up a lot of similar characters from past Bioware games that ended up being pretty insufferable for many. She of course could end up being well-written, but Bioware doesn't seem to be branching outside their wheelhouse here, either.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Sera was an unremitting torrent of effluent that spewed everywhere, uncontrollably, and I for one cannot wait to cringe through Peebee's sure to be wacky and zany intro scene and then never interact with her again.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

homullus posted:

Can't believe that you thought Sera was funny I'm sure claptrap humor from borderlands was the apex of funny to you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's also a persistent undercurrent of "don't you wanna gently caress our blue nympho spacebabes" running throughout Mass Effect that's kind of unsavory and you just know Pele is gonna try to get with everyone.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Sera makes me so angry!! Fucken bitch!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I didn't hate Sera because she was right about everything and Solas is a chob nosu scrub.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
The new dialogue system looks fun. I'm excited to be Captain Kirk. Hopefully lounge wear is an option for everyday wear.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Lt. Danger posted:

Sera makes me so angry!! Fucken bitch!!

I will now enumerate how great is my desire to murder this squadmate, a totally normal and non-revelatory reaction

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pattonesque posted:

I will now enumerate how great is my desire to gently caress this squadmate, a totally normal and non-revelatory reaction

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

Can't believe that you thought Sera was funny I'm sure claptrap humor from borderlands was the apex of funny to you

Neither Claptrap nor Sera is the apex of funny, but they're both often funny. Mr. Torgue was funnier than Claptrap.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Monolith. posted:

And too difficult to give unique characteristics. Your sweet hanar squadmate would be indistinguishable from every other hanar in the franchise. MP eventually got volus so that might happen in SP someday; elcor could probably get some kind of distinctive markings, but they move too slowly to be viable in combat.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
elcor power armour mechsuit that lets it move it take actions at normal speed

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

elcor power armour mechsuit that lets it move it take actions at normal speed

with a big tank gun on the back.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
speaking of PeeBee, here's 17 minutes of her loyalty mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Monolith. posted:

Johnny loving Five from short circuit or Wall-E were able to emote better than anything the animators at Bioware have been shown to do.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think Cora is fine, at least what we have learned about her so far doesn't raise any red flags. Her biggest problem is that she's a vanguard, and I will play a vanguard Ryder in my first playthrough myself. So unless the story/mission demands it, she will likely be benched most of the time.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Pattonesque posted:

I fully expected the video to just be Sera's mission when I clicked on it.

And of course, the absolute first frame PeeBee appears in is a butt shot. Never change Bioware. :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pattonesque posted:

dis looks cool as heck

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Boru posted:

The new dialogue system looks fun. I'm excited to be Captain Kirk. Hopefully lounge wear is an option for everyday wear.

I like how the only casual option in ME2 that isn't Cerberus branded is this random brown piece of poo poo with what appears to be a collar.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

dis looks cool as heck

I'm not watching it due to it being a loyalty mission but it's good to hear that it was cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sara Ryder still looks as if she's suffering a combination of mumps and shellfish allergies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also replaying it ME2 has some really good framing and cinematography for cutscenes when they put the effort in. There was a part on Tuchanka where the shaman or whoever's like "you like killing Shepard, you love the sound of your dying enemy" or whatever and it cuts to her face zoomed in in profile and shadowed and she smirks slightly as he says it and it looks pretty good! Then earlier in the mission it had the Krogan bad guy ranting while the Krogran next to him was looking down his gun's sights wrong.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Torrannor posted:

I think Cora is fine, at least what we have learned about her so far doesn't raise any red flags. Her biggest problem is that she's a vanguard, and I will play a vanguard Ryder in my first playthrough myself. So unless the story/mission demands it, she will likely be benched most of the time.

I question the thinking of anyone who has the option to have two vanguards charging at the same time and passes.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

As usual, the person playing the earliest available footage stinks. He just hunkers down behind cover missing 75% of his shots while getting lit up by enemies. Occasionally throwing out an Overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Big Bidness posted:

As usual, the person playing the earliest available footage stinks. He just hunkers down behind cover missing 75% of his shots while getting lit up by enemies. Occasionally throwing out an Overload.

reviewers and developers are all notoriously terrible at actually playing games