Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

what 8 9 years?

Try almost double that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

gently caress bush. Nothing he does can redeem him and his posse.

History is relative.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Looks like they're finally going to drain the swamp:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.5d82f5863cb2

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TBeats posted:

History is relative.

History also got us to where we are now. He is probably the largest factor.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dubya will always be an imbecile.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psydude posted:

Looks like they're finally going to drain the swamp:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.5d82f5863cb2

Can't read the article. Got a synopsis?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Can't read the article. Got a synopsis?

Says that Trump is going to sign an EO that will remove regulations the Obama administration put in place to protect waterways that migratory birds use, in order for business and agriculture to use that water.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Fantastic.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

For the party of anglers and hunters, they don't seem to care much about the environment.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Frosted Flake posted:

For the party of anglers and hunters, they don't seem to care much about the environment.

There are some that truly believe because God created us and everything else he therefore won't let anything bad happen to the environment. Also if climate change is even real, it's because God wants it to happen for some reason and it's not us destroying the environment. Because we are mere humans and cannot destroy what God created. Nevermind we have permanently changed the face of the earth with concrete and deforestation :downs:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I swear Boston Dynamics is just loving with us at this point. Everything they build looks more evil than the last.

Richard Bong posted:

Well, when taxi drivers can manage to show up on time or at all, I'll look at using them.

The lovely fares people are willing to pay for a taxi ride do not make the job attractive to people who have their poo poo slightly together.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

There are some that truly believe because God created us and everything else he therefore won't let anything bad happen to the environment. Also if climate change is even real, it's because God wants it to happen for some reason and it's not us destroying the environment. Because we are mere humans and cannot destroy what God created. Nevermind we have permanently changed the face of the earth with concrete and deforestation :downs:

Inshallah.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"God" obviously wants the Duck Dynasty idiots out of business.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There are people in the US that believe this country was founded on the principle of one nation under God and that separation of church and state is a byproduct of the modern PC era. We're not looking too hot for the near future

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Missionary Positron posted:

I'm not disputing that he was a garbage president, but at least he seemed to have some underlying humanity and understanding as to how governing works compared to the orange trash golem.

That applies to nearly everyone.
Let's not forget things like Enron, the tax cuts designed to bust the budget and justify cutting services to poor people, and the drowning of a major city because he appointed an incompetent buddy to head FEMA.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

There's a Chick tract about global warming, which basically says "yes it's definitely real, but the end times are coming soon anyway so bring on the apocalypse."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

P-Mack posted:

There's a Chick tract about global warming, which basically says "yes it's definitely real, but the end times are coming soon anyway so bring on the apocalypse."

My death cult is more valid than your death cult

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

P-Mack posted:

An extremely Christian mom I know justifies having kids and not worrying about climate change because "the rapture will happen before it gets too bad" :cripes:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

An extremely Christian mom I know justifies having kids and not worrying about climate change because "the rapture will happen before it gets too bad" :cripes:

I didn't know you knew my mom ten years ago.

Thank Christ she's changed

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

facialimpediment posted:

Just fixed it, scroll up.

For content, Betsy DeVos released a weird statement today.

https://twitter.com/adamhsays/status/836416602736312320

Basically, Historically Black Colleges and Universities are/were awesome because they were the first to start School Choice. As in Charter/Private Schools. Not as in, you know, avoiding racist schools.

:cripes:

The first paragraph of her statement was so good. :sigh:

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is that like, a thing that already happened under a different name? Cos it sure as poo poo sounds like the secret police rounding up undesirables :stare:

They have a cartoon villain name and everything

It happens all the time for prostitution and drug busts.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 28, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Without the latest US-Iraq war we wouldn't have had IS imo. I'm not read up enough to say if there would have been civil war in Syria, but without that Europe would be way different right now.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Most Republican fisherman / hunters I am friends with literally cannot see the forest for the trees. Are extremely short-sighted.

Like they understand they need access to parks and streams to hunt /fish. However they believe environmental regulations are evil and the free market is what will protect their Outdoor life.

Essentially. Opening up national parks to deforestation / oil drilling is GREAT for business / the economy / gently caress liberals however that won't affect MY specific little piece of land that I use to hunt / fish.

Don't the Gulf Coast fishermen who's industry / lively-hood was destroyed by the BP oil spill still vote straight R (please correct me if I am wrong). That is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/836332482001793025

:D

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

:discourse:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

maffew buildings posted:

There are people in the US that believe this country was founded on the principle of one nation under God and that separation of church and state is a byproduct of the modern PC era. We're not looking too hot for the near future

wiki posted:

The last change in language came on Flag Day 1954 when the words "under God" were added.[7]

lol founded

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Burt Sexual posted:

lol founded

Manifest destiny, dawg

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.

I'm a bit late to the party, but yeah, that freeze-frame jump at the end made me laugh out loud. :)

Here's my go at an edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNC5BTCk-cY

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They're all completely overwhelmed at the White House, but apparently they still have enough time and pettyness to do slime pieces, they're just not good at camouflaging them.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/836616936490414081

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the credit card machine is broken

after it was mandated that DC and NOVA taxis needed to have CC machines in their cabs I started keeping my luggage in the back seat with me so I could tell them "well that sucks about your machine, I don't have any cash (which was true), toodles"

strangely, they were able to fix the machine every time

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

after it was mandated that DC and NOVA taxis needed to have CC machines in their cabs I started keeping my luggage in the back seat with me so I could tell them "well that sucks about your machine, I don't have any cash (which was true), toodles"

strangely, they were able to fix the machine every time

that happens to me there as well. Do they do that to skim off part of the fare?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Burt Sexual posted:

that happens to me there as well. Do they do that to skim off part of the fare?

Yep, there were some crackdowns against the practice a few years back. They don't do it nearly as much as they used to, but they pull that poo poo on tourists all the time from what I hear.

In other news, Curt Schilling continues to talk poo poo, gets hit.
https://twitter.com/JATayler/status/836590396079734788

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Credit card processors take 2-3%.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

They're all completely overwhelmed at the White House, but apparently they still have enough time and pettyness to do slime pieces, they're just not good at camouflaging them.

At that point isn't it defamation to post stuff like that?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I guess I don't "get" that.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This post intentionally left blank.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

facialimpediment posted:

Paywall free:

quote:

Politico reporter Alex Isenstadt paid a certain price for his Sunday scoop about White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s treatment of his underlings in the White House communications office. Under the headline “Sean Spicer targets own staff in leak crackdown,” Isenstadt and colleague Annie Karni documented how Spicer, with the assistance of White House lawyers, asked his colleagues to submit to a “phone check” in an apparent effort to snuff out leakers.

Hours later, the Washington Examiner published a short hit piece on Isenstadt: “Claim: Reporter laughs at Trump aide’s emotion over SEAL death.” If that headline sounds a bit confusing, well, it’s more straightforward than the story itself. Using information from anonymous “White House officials,” the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard reported that Isenstadt had somehow run afoul of common decency in reporting his story. The moment arose as Isenstadt was asking Spicer in a telephone call late last week about a tip he’d received that a White House aide, Jessica Ditto, was reduced to tears after Spicer had criticized her work.

In the call, Spicer expressed anger at the allegation and contested the charge. “The only time Jessica recalls almost getting emotional is when we had to relay the information on the death of Chief Ryan Owens,” Spicer told Isenstadt, a reference to the anti-terrorism raid by U.S. forces in Yemen on Jan. 28. Then came the scandal, according to Bedard’s piece. “He started laughing about that SEAL,” Bedard quotes an “informed official” as saying about Isenstadt.

What? A Politico reporter laughed about the death of a Navy SEAL who died serving his country, in a talk with a White House official who also happens to be U.S. Navy Reserve commander? Politico spokesman Brad Dayspring stated that this claim was a “patently false characterization” of the exchange; far from laughing about a SEAL’s death, Isenstadt was reacting merely to the vehemence with which Spicer was disputing his reporting.

Dayspring confirms that Spicer leveled this SEAL-related accusation in the call itself. That wasn’t all: The press secretary also spoke in that call of the possibility of pitching that story to another outlet, the better to unmask Isenstadt’s alleged ridiculing of a dead Navy SEAL. Isenstadt explained he had done no such thing.

Isenstadt and Spicer traded emails about the story on Sunday, when the story was published. Again Spicer brought up the laughter allegation and pledged to Isenstadt that he “will be sure to get that out.” Not long after, Bedard was in Isenstadt’s email citing White House “insiders” who’d entrusted him with a “nugget.”

The theater-of-the-absurd implications here are that you should never chuckle about anything in a call with Spicer. Nervous laughter can too easily be turned against you. What, are you laughing about millions of Americans being priced out of the medical insurance market? the press secretary could say. So you think it’s funny that millions of Americans took days off of work to attend the president’s inauguration? I suppose you get your kicks out of hard-working Midwesterners watching their jobs pack up for Mexico! Are you giggling about the president’s use of a bathrobe?

At a deeper level, however, the funnies dry up. Here we have a White House official threatening to go to extreme lengths in an apparent effort to quash a pending story, or at least a component of it. That’s hardly a surprise given what that story itself documented about this man’s attempts to stifle leaks.

Spicer hasn’t responded to requests for comment.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So it looks like Trump has finally found a way to pay for the wall:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-budget-proposal/

quote:

Mulvaney said Trump's proposed 2018 budget will include funds for the US-Mexico border wall, an issue that animated the President's 2016 campaign.
Trump, in addition to the 2018 increase, will also seek a $30 billion in supplemental defense money for the fiscal year 2017, a senior administration official told CNN. Mulvaney said some funding for the border wall will be included that measure.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Office Pig posted:

I heard this on NPR. This is funding for the 'off the books' DoD slush money to accommodate active wars and unexpected poo poo like unexpected isil resurgence, not a loving wall. trump cookin the books already

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:troll:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/836631099514187780

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Office Pig posted:

Hey stop worrying about numbers in some policy wonk budgetary thing. What the gently caress are you, a liberal? Trump said Mexico will pay for it, they'll pay for it. Trump's a master at the art of the deal, he even wrote a book about it so who are you to criticize?

• Locked thread