Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah, it doesn't even have real gay adoption, just someone not recoiling at the idea of gay adoption.

It was a situation where he was forced to think about the idea of gay adoption. It's the studios fault for not adding a trigger warning at the beginning of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MizPiz posted:

You do have a point, Moonlight and La La Land to look very similar when typed out.

Dude had the card for best actress for som reason

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Terror Sweat posted:

It was probably the control envelope they have backstage to make sure the correct award is given, and the envelopes got switched but only the person announcing on stage and the person holding the control envelope backstage know if it's correct.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

an actual dog posted:

lol at the conspiracies in this thread. I'm apparently crazy for thinking that some dude just hosed up.
that could have been the case, but we live in a world where a substitute soccer goalkeeper eating a meat pie on the sidelines during an internationally televised game wasn't a spontaneous, funny thing, but instead a stupid publicity stunt that set off an insider betting snafu. plus, i'm a bitter cynic to begin with

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

They make two copies of each envelope and have them both on hand backstage, someone must've given him emma stone's second copy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also lmfao at all the "well obviously what happened was that La La Land was SUPPOSED to win but Moonlight won because of wokeness and they decided to change this at the immediate last second for no clear reason"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im convinced they did it on purpose. nothing in hollyweird is real.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

*academy chairman is getting his dick sucked by another dude backstage*
"being gay is actually.....really good"
*demands best picture be changed at the last second*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the liberal hollywood elites ruin the academy awards once again by not giving it to a musical

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The event reminds Americans of the Obama years.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

they actually hand out oscars in a way designed to generate the most home movie sales. thats why december movies are always oscar bait.. by the time the oscars come out the movies will be released at home. im assuming this stunt was just a way for both movies to make more money

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im sure the cast of la la land made up with the cast of moonlight at their hollywood satantic cult orgy after party.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Celebrities are inherently untrustworthy.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im sure the cast of la la land made up with the cast of moonlight at their hollywood satantic cult orgy after party.

This is true

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yea those parties are pretty great, pity about the pedophilia.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

duh, why do you think emma stone was so nervous accepting her award?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

except tom hanks. that man could lead me into the fema gas chambers.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

how can you trust a man who lies for a living and gets awards for being the best liar?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

also lmfao at all the "well obviously what happened was that La La Land was SUPPOSED to win but Moonlight won because of wokeness and they decided to change this at the immediate last second for no clear reason"

Well La La Land was definitely supposed by its creators to win :hist101:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

fits my needs posted:

So do people like Alex Jones "ironically" now or is he part of the new American version of RT that should be hated?

I like Alex Jones ironically but not enough to actually sit through a whole show like Montasque does.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Chapo Trap House says Alex Jones sucks now because he's turned into just a regular conservative pundit instead of AJ Denton.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's what happens when conspiracy theorists think "their guy" gets power, they lower their guard not realizing it's all part of the illuminati's plan. :tinfoil:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

moonlight was the better movie and for that i'm glad it won. but it was also probably done for political posturing, and for that i hate that it won. and that envelope thing was a deliberate ploy, sort of like how that guy who was eating a meat pie on the sidelines of an English soccer match was just doing it for a bet

:drat:

It wasn't a "deliberate ploy" good loving god.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Chapo Trap House says Alex Jones sucks now because he's turned into just a regular conservative pundit instead of AJ Denton.

Wtf is Chapo Trap House? The new Alex Jones?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

It wasn't a "deliberate ploy" good loving god.

The PWC partner tasked with handing out the envelope (Brian Cullinan) was tweeting a picture of Emma Stone instead of focusing on his job (that tweet was deleted during the cleanup). He subsequently handed out the wrong envelope. He still had his copy of the Best Actress envelope on hand because the other partner had handed her copy to Emma Stone--they position one set of envelopes on each side of the stage. I know this because the partner who hosed up sent an internal memo accepting blame to many of the employees at PWC, several of whom I know personally.

It's a big debacle for the company and a huge PR scandal for them.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i have to solve the riddle of the oscar slip up

*stares at board on the wall filled with pictures, interconnected with red wires spelling out 'the people hosting the oscars are incompetent idiots'*

what does it mean?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fits my needs posted:

new good lefty podcast #1 on patreon my dude

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the oscar brand is terminally engaged

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

fits my needs posted:

It's a good podcast

Guy Goodbody has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Feb 28, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

fits my needs posted:

Yea

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Have they released an herbal vitality supplement yet?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I would use the Chapo vitality supplement

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the chapo vitality supplement is not cumming

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

seeing alex jones become pro-federal government distresses and upsets me

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

fits my needs posted:

i think its old lf superstars doin a podcast

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

More like old lf lurkers

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

i think its old lf superstars doin a podcast

Ummm, why would someone want to listen to them?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fits my needs posted:

Because LF was by far the most interesting thing that ever happened on this dead gay forum?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

fits my needs posted:

dick jokes that are political? i dunno, i dont listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chapo is lf
cumtown is fyad