Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Fiction posted:

can we move this thread back to gbs please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't understand Hollywood. I really don't. These people huff their own farts it feels like. I think the arts are cool and awesome, but man...gently caress Hollywood for thinking their the only source of Art in this country.

Sounds like you understand them perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3rGh6DUI&t=305s

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nah, it's good here thanks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

call to action posted:

The second-to-last ("The Cultural Appropriators") episode of Chapo talks about this, basically woke liberals are coopting the same tactics that white racists used re: Elvis playing "black" music and ensuring there's no race mixing

yeah, i loved that episode and it made me feel better because i always(believe it or not) felt weird openly making GBS threads on wokes because i thought it be like a weird gateway into slowly becoming some alt right chud. i am glad i am not alone on the left in thinking this poo poo is pretty hosed up when you actually look at it. I love chapo house and they keep me feeling sane. and the dude was right, its just inversed right wing Idpol. there newest one about the alt right was great too.

ROFL Octopus posted:

This boiling down of people to their race first and foremost is honestly disgusting.

I mean not that this is anything new, and I can see it only getting worse in the coming years.

yeah it probaly will. trump and the right are gonna go further off the cliff dragging the country with it. the Wokes are still sorta in control of the DNC so have fun when they do jack poo poo to stop trump.

lol. but it won. a movie about a gay black dude who finds himself in meaningful "profound" way won.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

This boiling down of people to their race first and foremost is honestly disgusting.

I mean not that this is anything new, and I can see it only getting worse in the coming years.

But see if you don't do that you are "erasing", "silencing" and "marginalizing" all of the non-straight white males in the entire world.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i loved that episode and it made me feel better because i always(believe it or not) felt weird openly making GBS threads on wokes because i thought it be like a weird gateway into slowly becoming some alt right chud. i am glad i am not alone on the left in thinking this poo poo is pretty hosed up when you actually look at it. I love chapo house and they keep me feeling sane. and the dude was right, its just inversed right wing Idpol. there newest one about the alt right was great too.

yeah it probaly will. trump and the right are gonna go further off the cliff dragging the country with it. the Wokes are still sorta in control of the DNC so have fun when they do jack poo poo to stop trump.

lol. but it won. a movie about a gay black dude who finds himself in meaningful "profound" way won.

And this white urbanite woman is going to tell you why it wounds black people everywhere.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

breaklaw posted:

But see if you don't do that you are "erasing", "silencing" and "marginalizing" all of the non-straight white males in the entire world.
and committing violence, don't forget that

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

call to action posted:

And this white urbanite woman is going to tell you why it wounds black people everywhere.

That's always who it is too.

God, gently caress those people.

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

When did Negrotown become its own subforum?!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shao821 posted:

when they asked specifically for it

lowtax was then accused of finally showing his massive racism because he made the subforum

despite pointing out that they literally asked for it, he was still called a racist for actually following through and marginalizing them or something. i kind of started rolling my eyes at that point.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Office Surprise Store posted:

lowtax was then accused of finally showing his massive racism because he made the subforum

by the people who asked for it, iirc

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hating Comic Sans is Ableist

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shao821 posted:

like a month or two ago.

call to action posted:

pretty much. then that women will become a martyr when some random peon calls her a "dumb oval office" and will make millions off woke dumbasses.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/836360130681790464

"Yeah instead of denying them citizenship? Dubya just bombed them and created terrorists in that manner".

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm gay and I think this should be viewed with shame, not pride.

https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/835855855908179973

Wouldn't you want the first [insert minority here] person to not be a loving miserable failure at their job?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/rachel-dolezal-not-going-stoop-apologise-grovel

more on dolezal.

According to her, she isn't a white woman in blackface, she's a black woman in white skin. Does that make sense? No. She is completely deluded but it is from that delusion that these incidents stem. According to that article (and I'm aware that it's very much her version) she did a lot to support the black community, you could even say that it was her raisen d'etre but somewhere along the way she crossed a line and deceived herself that it was OK because she was somehow black on some deeper level.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Wouldn't you want the first [insert minority here] person to not be a loving miserable failure at their job?

idk maybe its more humanizing to see that queer people can be abject failures who serve amoral monsters just like the rest of us

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

MaxxBot posted:

Like Buchanon.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i said it when i posted this article in the thread before and i'll say it again: she wants to taste the curb

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress off. just gently caress off. i'll be a dick and say, i can see why dumb teens and 20 year olds are becoming stupid alt right assholes. they are going full edgy "gently caress you dad" rebellion against puritan IDpol poo poo like this where if you do anything or make any jokes(not talking about edgy racist poo poo) some fucknose woke rear end in a top hat will wag their finger and shame you publicaly for making them feel something negative or thought crime. they just do it in the worst way possible.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fHPLOEvU1bA

I feel like this video is modernliberalism.mp4, especially in regards to celebrity activitists. Hokey and with a pointless message that will nonetheless be lauded by the usual suspects as cool and good and "exactly what we all need right now".

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i'll be a dick and say, i can see why dumb teens and 20 year olds are becoming stupid alt right assholes. they are going full edgy "gently caress you dad" rebellion against puritan IDpol poo poo like this where if you do anything or make any jokes(not talking about edgy racist poo poo) some fucknose woke rear end in a top hat will wag their finger and shame you publicaly for making them feel something negative or thought crime. they just do it in the worst way possible.
it doesn't help when you've got genuinely spiteful people like sam biddle and jeb lund that are prominent in certain corners online and get celebrated for their targets because of "punching up" bullshit. if people weren't automatically assholes to other people that don't agree on slight issues, the internet nazi movement wouldn't be so widespread

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/836455899199832064

quote:

"He talked about populism and nationalism a lot," Beck told Anderson Cooper on "AC360." "They were laying the ground that we are a White House of economic nationalism and populism. That is not conservative and really, I think very, very dangerous."

"When he talks about economic nationalism, what does that mean to you? What does that mean to him?" Cooper asked, to which Beck replied, "It means tariffs. And tariffs, as you know, Anderson, it was Smoot-Hawley, the gigantic tariff in 1933 that set the Great Depression."

"Whenever a country feels that they are losing their place in the world, they slap tariffs on. And that will just start to slap more tariffs on from other countries," he added.

History Goons, is this easily debunked?

I like the fact that people are normalizing people like Dubya and Beck lately...

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress off. just gently caress off. i'll be a dick and say, i can see why dumb teens and 20 year olds are becoming stupid alt right assholes. they are going full edgy "gently caress you dad" rebellion against puritan IDpol poo poo like this where if you do anything or make any jokes(not talking about edgy racist poo poo) some fucknose woke rear end in a top hat will wag their finger and shame you publicaly for making them feel something negative or thought crime. they just do it in the worst way possible.

hahahahahahaha

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
someone posted a lovely opinion on a website i dont visit, guess there's no other choice than becoming a nazi

drat u sjws, ur at it again!!!!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

someone posted a lovely opinion on a website i dont visit, guess there's no other choice than becoming a nazi

drat u sjws, ur at it again!!!!!
you're underestimating the stupidity and pettiness of teenagers

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
idiot prole voice, speaking haltingly and with no comprehension of machine or soul: "people who do that thing are way stupid"
blazingly intelligent light of reason, posting into the thread like the dawn cutting through a fog: "ah but you underestimate how stupid they are, pip pip" *checks pocketwatch*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

america uses protectionism and tariffs all the loving time

exhibit a: it's literally illegal to reimport the same drat drugs from canada that are sold for 1/2 to 1/10th of the price in the US
exhibit b: sugar has tariffs to protect the corn industry to the degree that the us is one of the only (or only?) country in the world that uses HFCS as its primary sweetener instead of sugar

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

idiot prole voice, speaking haltingly and with no comprehension of machine or soul: "people who do that thing are way stupid"
blazingly intelligent light of reason, posting into the thread like the dawn cutting through a fog: "ah but you underestimate how stupid they are, pip pip" *checks pocketwatch*

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

get that OUT of my face posted:

it doesn't help when you've got genuinely spiteful people like sam biddle and jeb lund that are prominent in certain corners online and get celebrated for their targets because of "punching up" bullshit. if people weren't automatically assholes to other people that don't agree on slight issues, the internet nazi movement wouldn't be so widespread

wow!!!!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i hope that post did not make u a nazi

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

passionate dongs posted:

i hope that post did not make u a nazi

are you a nazi or commie?

there's only two choices anymore,.

comedyblissoption posted:

america uses protectionism and tariffs all the loving time

exhibit a: it's literally illegal to reimport the same drat drugs from canada that are sold for 1/2 to 1/10th of the price in the US
exhibit b: sugar has tariffs to protect the corn industry to the degree that the us is one of the only (or only?) country in the world that uses HFCS as its primary sweetener instead of sugar

but it's bad because of the constitution, george washington and whatever bullshit logic he'll throw against the wall.

(Real talk? Seeing "Democrats" go "I AGREE WITH GEORGE W. BUSH/GLENN BECK" on matters related to the Economy and Foreign Policy is loving alarming).

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/judge-orders-stiff-sentences-for-two-douglasville-hate-crime/pHWEb5zXxdVqGBGxGNtorI/

Here. Have some White Supremecist tears.

Also I say this as someone who thinks rural america is cool and will defend those within it's area as being hosed over.. (Blue collar types of all ages, sexes, races, and sexual identity) Those loving lifted trucks with the goddamn coal burners? A loving eye sore and they are stupid. They're always owned by idiots in the 'burbs around here.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/836455899199832064

History Goons, is this easily debunked?

I like the fact that people are normalizing people like Dubya and Beck lately...

Things were hosed before smoot hawley but it didnt exactly improve things

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

WINNINGHARD posted:

Things were hosed before smoot hawley but it didnt exactly improve things

:agreed:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i side with secretary albert fall

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

are you a nazi or commie?
idk i mean i'm not a fan of their ideology but otoh i have a much better chance of surviving a nazi purge

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sam_5thEstate/status/836451051939188739

:iceburn:

I still think that Stewart saw who the DNC nominee was going to be and went "gently caress this. I'm out.", not wanting to cover too insanely bad candidates.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

I still think that Stewart saw who the DNC nominee was going to be and went "gently caress this. I'm out.", not wanting to cover too insanely bad candidates.

Mos def.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

idk i mean i'm not a fan of their ideology but otoh i have a much better chance of surviving a nazi purge

i am a cripple, so it would be off to the gas van with me.

FuzzySkinner posted:

i hope stewart comes back again, he was genuinly insiteful and funny unlike alot of them now a days. though oliver is ok.

get that OUT of my face posted:

you're underestimating the stupidity and pettiness of teenagers

this. i am not saying i agree with them at all.

• Locked thread