Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

They did in fact, give the card to Kibler to spoil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
It'll also be funny when LSV has to review Bonfire of the Damned on LR.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

They did in fact, give the card to Kibler to spoil.

I can only imagine they did this because of that one video and it makes me happy to see that WotC actually has a sense of humor.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I called bonfire. Snap at mythic huh. Oh well.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Well, I got beat on that one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
EDH all-star, but not a rare I want to pull from any pack.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Might of old Krosa is a good reprint.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Because it should've been a mythic to begin with

"it's very important that this piece of cardboard be expensive for reasons that I can't articulate" is my favorite bad magic opinion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cactrot posted:

Might of old Krosa is a good reprint.

Yup. Just unloaded a few at 10 each.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
reminder that Chinese counterfeiters are hard at work meeting the consumer demand that Wizard's refuses to

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Ranger of Eos and the fetches, nice. Now show me blood moon (watch it be the other mythic lol) and cavern of souls and I can finish my norin sisters deck on the cheap

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

There is a large disparity in the quality of the Blue Mythics.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

little munchkin posted:

"it's very important that this piece of cardboard be expensive for reasons that I can't articulate" is my favorite bad magic opinion

"Everything should be $2 and I should be able to play whatever I want whenever I want" is mine.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Despite moving snaps rarity, so far this set looks loving amazing and is going in the right direction. If they print the hell out of this, it will make the modern format a lot more healthy.

So far the set looks like draft is taking a backseat to card value and that is okay, because who doesn't like to draft powerful cards at every rarity?

suicidesteve posted:

"Everything should be $2 and I should be able to play whatever I want whenever I want" is mine.

Nobody says this, shut up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

I can play whatever I want whenever I want and I still think everything should be 2$

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

wow that does sound awful

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Path to Exile and Inquisition of Kozilek in, both at uncommon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

I think this set might be very good

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
They originally defended Goyf and Bob at mythic due to them being rares from sets before mythics, right? As in, they were about as rare as mythics before they existed. Snapcaster is going to be heavily played in every eternal format forever it wouldn't hurt to have a few more of them around.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Kinda want to preorder a box now... Too bad my LGS just does $packprice X #packs for box sales.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Actually the cards should be really cheap and available to the whole player base except for special promos, expeditions, masterpieces etc.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah that's a pretty unreasonable opinion

it should be at least $3.75, gotta pay the mortgage somehow

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Well dang, that's cool. Still need a 4th Inq, too bad about the art though.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Really hope this brings inquisitions closer to 2 dollars. They were just reprinted in Conspiracy also.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Wait, who at WOTC figured out that making a set people want to buy was a good idea? I mean, I thought printing cards people wanted was this unsolvable problem?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Wait, who at WOTC figured out that making a set people want to buy was a good idea? I mean, I thought printing cards people wanted was this unsolvable problem?

I know your post is in jest but it's kind of funny that people will end up spending $250 dollar on a box

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

I know your post is in jest but it's kind of funny that people will end up spending $250 dollar on a box

Well this set is quickly becoming even more jammed with value than the first one. If the commons and uncommons becomes a little more stacked and the rest of the rares and mythic are playable the MSRP is almost justified. This is quickly making mm2015 look like a joke in comparison.

Yes, 10$ packs suck amd 30$ drafts are laughable. If the drafts feel more like cube in power level though? Legit excited to draft right now.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

sit on my Facebook posted:

Which art on Inquisition this is important.

Edit: Ugh the worse art :(

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Only if you're one of those jokers that missed the massdrop for 170 yesterday :smug:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

DangerDongs posted:

Really hope this brings inquisitions closer to 2 dollars. They were just reprinted in Conspiracy also.

Where they were rare because gently caress YOU that's why

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

Fire-Field Ogre, 4/2 first strike for 1UBR with unearth for UBR. Easily the worst in the cycle. Sedraxis Specter is a huge improvement.

It's funny, Fire-field Ogre was actually a massive pain in the rear end to deal with in limited (as you can see it beats the other 4 of the cycle and most other creatures in the set in combat,) but wasn't very interesting and was insanely unplayable in Constructed. Sedraxis Specter is a super cool and fun card, I can't wait to draft like three of them.

Also LOL at Bonfire being in the set, between that and Deadeye Navigator the set theme seems to be "cards that are awful to play against."

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 28, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Well this set is quickly becoming even more jammed with value than the first one. If the commons and uncommons becomes a little more stacked and the rest of the rares and mythic are playable the MSRP is almost justified. This is quickly making mm2015 look like a joke in comparison.

Yes, 10$ packs suck amd 30$ drafts are laughable. If the drafts feel more like cube in power level though? Legit excited to draft right now.

Wait until you pay 30 dollars for Stoic Angel, Bonfire and Deadeye Navigator as your pack rares

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So is this just going to sell out REALLY fast?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Glad they didn't bump the rarity on these at least, when the easily could have.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

So is this just going to sell out REALLY fast?

I mean yeah, and then boxes will crest $300+ as people horde them and getting cards will becoming harder thus driving up the prices negating the entire reason for re-printing the set in the first place.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

I mean yeah, and then boxes will crest $300+ as people horde them and getting cards will becoming harder thus driving up the prices negating the entire reason for re-printing the set in the first place.

Haven't they already said this was gonna have higher print runs than the previous Masters sets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

It appears that these boxes are being heavily printed and aren't limited to WPN stores. They will show up at walmart, ETC. Hoarding is not a concern like it was with the first one.

• Locked thread