Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ijyt posted:

What with you being best buds with the forgeworld team maybe they'd listen to you if you suggested actually proofreading and hiring a competent editor before releasing a book that has been already delayed multiple times.

If you can manage to admit that GW in fact does not always "do no wrong".

He does in the last episode, he wasn't a big fan of Fall of Cadia, especially when compared to the FW campaign books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's completely fine for a £70 book that has been delayed for a couple of years to "get it right" to have errors in it that would be unacceptable in an Alpha PDF from any other game company. It's completely fine for random chinese recasters to have better QA than ForgeWorld at half the price.

Money isn't real. Life is suffering. Drink your ovaltine.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ghost Hand posted:

https://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/blooper-is-present-in-inferno-page-44.html

Doesn't exactly spoil my enjoyment of the book. *shrug* I think it's kind of funny.
Hilarious. Yeah, that is a real rookie mistake that should have been caught in image proofing. Someone was real tired during that editing session...

You guys are being real dicks to Ghost Hand.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I actually think those are easter eggs. But that doesn't excuse the other editing issues.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

You guys are being real dicks to Ghost Hand.

*adjusts "triple posting" and "shilling for GW/mouse pads" knobs to "is great, actually"*

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I can believe that having a couple pics of friends or FW crew hidden in the pages of the books being a purposefully included joke. FW still needs to hire someone who knows how to read, and just flip over the pages a couple times.

When I, someone who's around 40% illiterate can find dozens of typos and proofreading errors after just skimming a new release of a $100+ book, somethings gone wrong.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

As further evidence that Inferno needed more time in editing, let's talk about these guys

So what's wrong with them?
* Their statline is for some reason different than other custodes; they're I4, not the standard 5. Weren't they all I4 in the temporary rules? That made Preternatural Skill (+1I if your WS is equal to or greater than your opponents') actually matter.
* They have a special rule that allows them to fire each of their weapons, but their bike only has one and the riders only carry grenades.
* The bikes come armed with an Iliastus bolt cannon. This weapon does not exist. Lastrum bolt cannons do, however.
* Power Lances

:lol:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Someone was real tired during that editing session...

FW. Editing.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
To be fair with the jetbikes, it says that you can add a weapon option on top of the bolt cannon, so you'd have two weapons to fire.

I think? Who the gently caress knows.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
You're right - someone was tired during that frantic cut and paste job of photos borrowed from friends and the Internet.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

To be fair with the jetbikes, it says that you can add a weapon option on top of the bolt cannon, so you'd have two weapons to fire.

I think? Who the gently caress knows.
I really, really doubt that's what's intended. Look at the points costs. Yeah, FW is typically good at saying "exchange" or "replace", but it's obvious that bike page is from a lovely early draft.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Also look at the wording for the weapon upgrade. It says the Squadron (plural) may upgrade its Bolt Cannon (singular) for a flat price. Is it one upgrade per bike or per squadron? No idea.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I don't know what all you guys are bitching about; it's not like FW delayed this thing for years to get it right. I blame the fans for forcing them to rush it to print. The fans and the media. And maybe Obama too, while we're at it.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

ijyt posted:

What with you being best buds with the forgeworld team maybe they'd listen to you if you suggested actually proofreading and hiring a competent editor before releasing a book that has been already delayed multiple times.

If you can manage to admit that GW in fact does not always "do no wrong".

GW DOES make numerous mistakes. That make you feel better? Of COURSE they make mistakes. Of COURSE they do things wrong. I just tend not to focus on things that are bad (in pretty much anything not just my gaming life) and focus on things that are good and make me happy. I've said this many times. I've even listed things that I have NOT liked from GW...

tallkidwithglasses posted:

*adjusts "triple posting" and "shilling for GW/mouse pads" knobs to "is great, actually"*

Apologies for the triple post. I was on my phone and it was difficult to add additional quotes in one post. I wasn't trying to flood the board.

As for shilling for GW and Mouse Pads... whatever. I thought this was a thread about GW things. I happen to like GW things. I happen to LIKE the MacroMats and thought it would be a cool thing to share with people.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I love forgeworld, I really do as my various Titan class models that look pretty on my desk can attest, but they really need some editing and proofreading, take the Secutarii Axiarch HQ. It has a field generator that only works with 5+ models with the generator, it does not have the IC special rule despite being clearly designed to join one.
I've yet to get a reply to my email asking about it :(
:e heresy is still cool and good, 30k best k

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 28, 2017

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
There's a big difference between staying positive, and choosing to be willfully blind to some pretty egregious problems with a product from a company you worship. Inferno has some horrendous, and frankly, unacceptable errors in it. Expecting more from a book with its cost is not unreasonable.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is... is someone legit defending the tourists in the stock images? In a book that costs three figures?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Ghost Hand posted:

GW DOES make numerous mistakes. That make you feel better? Of COURSE they make mistakes. Of COURSE they do things wrong. I just tend not to focus on things that are bad (in pretty much anything not just my gaming life) and focus on things that are good and make me happy. I've said this many times. I've even listed things that I have NOT liked from GW...

You do know that you can like something and be critical of it? When I spend actual hundreds of dollars on a couple books, books that have beautiful artwork, guilded pages, metal-tipped corners to prevent wear and tear, I have a weird expectation that the words included got at least a little bit of proofreading before they hit the printer.

I don't think anyone here is saying you're not allowed to like it or ignore the beauty of the books. Just as consumers we deserve a little bit of respect in the form of making sure something is of passible quality before it is sold to us.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

I happen to LIKE the MacroMats and thought it would be a cool thing to share with people.

...aren't they paying you for sharing that opinion?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I think you're all a little nuts for paying $100 for a book about toy soldiers that requires you to buy additional $100 books just to use it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghost Hand posted:

GW DOES make numerous mistakes. That make you feel better? Of COURSE they make mistakes. Of COURSE they do things wrong. I just tend not to focus on things that are bad (in pretty much anything not just my gaming life) and focus on things that are good and make me happy. I've said this many times.

Where's the fun in that.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

I think you're all a little nuts for paying $100 for a book about toy soldiers that requires you to buy additional $100 books just to use it.

We're sad broken people whose only joy in life comes from slamming fat lines of resin then arguing with each other about how many meltabombs we're allowed to use against the Spartan.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Christ on a bike guys. Can we just slam hams together and have fun instead of shitposting? Tia.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Christ on a bike guys. Can we just slam hams together and have fun instead of shitposting? Tia.

Why start now?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

tallkidwithglasses posted:

We're sad broken people whose only joy in life comes from slamming fat lines of resin then arguing with each other about how many meltabombs we're allowed to use against the Spartan.

The initial high is sweet, but when you start getting the nosebleeds and lacerated lungs, you really start to question your life decisions.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I only have fun when I'm winning and my opponent is mad

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

FW collects all of the relevant rules in smaller books that are cheaper than a normal 40k codex. If you're willing to wait, there's no need to buy the $100 black books, but I still have I through VI because I like flipping through them. I will eventually pick up VII for the same reason. FW does put a lot of effort into these books and I want to collect them.

I also want them to edit them better. :shobon:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
The fluff is a-grade.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hixson posted:

I only have fun when I'm mad

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

FW does put a lot of effort into these books and I want to collect them.

DO THEY

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

DO THEY
I don't see you making any $100 tomes. :smug:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hey guys can you snap fire ordinance weapons with PotMS?????

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like Ghost Hand and Firgeworld and the Premium Miniatures game of Sci-Fi battles in the future past. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

I don't see you making any $100 tomes. :smug:

Tombs*

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

I like Ghost Hand and Firgeworld and the Premium Miniatures game of Sci-Fi battles in the future past. :)

:same:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

ijyt posted:

Tombs*

:negative:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
*several people are typing*

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I could actually use some advice on how to run Bloodsecrators as the core of my army?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I could actually use some advice on how to run Bloodsecrators as the core of my army?

Kurwa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

panascope posted:

Woooooooooh
Ghost Hand, Ghost Hand
There's a Ghost Hand, girl, playing our game now,
Ghost Hand, Ghost Hand,
There's a Ghost Hand, girl, playing our game

And they knew all the points cost by heart, now,
And they play in the thirty key,
And their Titans are silhouetted,
And the rules I can barely see,
Well our spirit fades, hard and cheated,
When the sixth turn is over, I can't leave it,
Everyone's going home, I'm defeated