Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Desuwa posted:

My 252U is now beating my IS-3 for average damage (but not winrate, loving teams), and I played my IS-3 when I was at my best and I'm playing the 252U after a solid two and a half years of only playing every couple of months.

With how strong the pike, sides, and LFP are you can wiggle to bait shots into your LFP and often, but not exactly reliably, bounce its own APCR. It is also really, really good at sidescraping and the pike doesn't become a weakness like it does on the IS-3.
Yeah I'm no massively amazing player, but I do get some games of really massive amounts of damage in my Defender.

Of course my win rate is also like 38% because as you said, drat near every team I get put on in it are terrible, plus it acts as a goddamned magnet for everyone on the other team to kill as soon as you get spotted.

Except for a game where the pubbies were actually smart as hell and I used the Defender as the ultimate decoy to keep the enemy occupied trying to kill me while they capped http://wotreplays.com/site/3384082#live_oaks-muheras-object_252u_defender

I wasn't paying tons of attention to the cap info because I was busy trying to murder their remaining players but I knew I was screwed at the end when I bounced a shot like an idiot with low HP. Then suddenly everything froze and I realized my teammates capped while I was in the shootout and I was fuckin amazed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Steelion posted:

To be fair, saying the 252's lower plate is weak, while technically true, is a bit misleading, since it's still 20-50mm thicker than the lower plate of any other tier 8 HT except the M4 49.

e: it's comparable to an E75's lower plate, for what it's worth.

Not saying it's weak like it's weaker than anything else. But on that particular tank it is one of the tank's weak spots and certainly is not idiot proof as this game repeatedly demonstrates

Got to play a quick tier 4-7 encounter on Erlenberg. My team came from the south and split to go east and west. Their team sent all the heavies down the middle to cap. Me playing arty I of course was bombing the circle for a few till it was evident my team was more focused on taking on the couple mediums and TDs that went to the flanks, and slowly melting none the less. So I drove forward till I could see the base and started shotgunning the circle while some idiot on the east hill was spamming "Defend the base!". I got off four rounds before a heavy came looking for me. All in all just over half my team gone to two of theirs and the whole thing taking under five minutes.
thank god they capped. It would have been a bloodbath.

Got called an idiot for drowning my SU-8 in a match where I got the only 3 kills and was cornered while reloading. Too bad the little rear end in a top hat waited for the last few seconds to bitch. Really says something when arty out damages the whole team

Took an unaimed shot at an M4 across the map on Steppes and destroyed the other team's Cromwell parked out in front spotting. Made a speedy escape when the flank collapsed but ended up dying trying to cap while the last heavy and TD ran away to the corner to get destroyed just after me. If they'd stayed we could have won, but eh, it's sorta expected

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 28, 2017

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

SocketWrench posted:

Not saying it's weak like it's weaker than anything else. But on that particular tank it is one of the tank's weak spots and certainly is not idiot proof as this game repeatedly demonstrates

I think there are very, very few tanks that are more idiot proof than the 252. Right now the superheavies, especially the Type 4 and 5 where aiming and angling are completely optional and actually detrimental, are the only ones I can think of as more idiot proof. I should have free experienced the Maus before the patch. I'm close to the E-100 and Pz VII but I didn't pay enough attention to realize how dominant the Maus would get.

I'd rather play my 252 with regular matchmaking than my IS-6 or KV-5 with preferential matchmaking. The 252 just utterly dominates same tier heavies in a way that the IS-6 can't, and the IS-6 just doesn't have the tools to deal with the new powercreep premiums, or the Lowe. Likewise, in t10 games the 252 is not as helpless as the IS-6 is in games that are heavy on t9s.

The Lowe is good too. I'd rather play my Lowe, 252, and Rev than my preferential premiums. Amongst the pref premiums the 112 handles the 252 spam better than the IS-6, at least, since its 250 pen HEAT gives it a fighting chance against the LFP, but there goes your profitability and the 252 will still beat you in a fight firing AP. Plus the Lowe and 252 stand out as the most profitable premiums I have by a substantial margin.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 28, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Desuwa posted:

I think there are very, very few tanks that are more idiot proof than the 252. Right now the superheavies, especially the Type 4 and 5 where aiming and angling are completely optional and actually detrimental, are the only ones I can think of as more idiot proof. I should have free experienced the Maus before the patch. I'm close to the E-100 and Pz VII but I didn't pay enough attention to realize how dominant the Maus would get.

The Maus is good now?
Have had it unlocked forever, but VK4502B supremacy kept me from getting it.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Cardiac posted:

The Maus is good now?
Have had it unlocked forever, but VK4502B supremacy kept me from getting it.

It gained side armour, turret armour, gun handling, accuracy, a huge DPM buff, and 200hp. Better players than I am say it's the best heavy tank in the game and I am inclined to agree.

If it's not the Maus it's probably the Type 5 firing gold HE, and that gold HE is straight up overpowered and shouldn't be in the game. You should not be able to do 500-600 damage to the front of an E-75 without needing to aim. In this case the premium round is just straight up better than the normal round in every situation and I've only seen one Type 4 or 5 not spamming pure premium HE.

The patch buffed a lot of tanks that needed it and some that didn't. The 252U isn't even the half of it, if only because eventually it'll die down and it'll just take the place of the IS-6 in making the t6-9 grind unbearable. The t10 meta has completely shifted towards impenetrable superheavies, premium round usage is at an all time high (and that's not enough for most t8s and even some t9s), E-100's are firing AP, the Warcrime Panther is good, dogs and cats are living together, and the BL-10's APCR round finally has a reason to exist. It's insanity.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The T-34-85M bundled with 1450 gold is available for 1 day on the EU server for 19.99€, in case anyone playing there wants one. Tested it out and it's definitely a T-34-85 variant, meaning it's brilliant. No special dog buddy like on the Rudy, but the gun handles great, mobility felt way better than expected, and I guess the extra hull armor can help bounce something from lower tiers from time to time.

Edit: Just first ten matches, but can already tell the tank is amazing now that they buffed it. :getin:

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 28, 2017

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I don't care if it's a joke, I will not play in a clan with CUCK anywhere in the name. I'm perfectly fine with PANSY.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I think we might have different definitions of idiot-proof.

those electric socket covers you can get to keep child from sticking his finger in the 110V isn't going to stop that same child from peeing on it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yes let it be known that the 252 is highly idiot-resistant, in this the most meaningful of hairsplits. hopefully there will be no further confusion in the matter.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress i missed a perfect opportunity to call it idiot-retardant

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SocketWrench posted:

Got called an idiot for drowning my SU-8 in a match where I got the only 3 kills and was cornered while reloading. Too bad the little rear end in a top hat waited for the last few seconds to bitch. Really says something when arty out damages the whole team

You drowned yourself in a match where you got the most kills on your entire team??

:stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I think we might have different definitions of idiot-proof.

those electric socket covers you can get to keep child from sticking his finger in the 110V isn't going to stop that same child from peeing on it.

At 3:55 in this video: https://youtu.be/ALwB-hQwam8

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Redeye Flight posted:

I don't care if it's a joke, I will not play in a clan with CUCK anywhere in the name. I'm perfectly fine with PANSY.

I don't have any skin in this particular game but I'm feeling second-hand embarrassment that this is even being considered

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I was thinking I had actually done a WOT goatse logo at one point, but when I went through the old Pansy thread it was actually representation of a man embracing a cock and balls.

I also found this old logo idea:

And this:

:worship:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

smooth jazz posted:

Gents I'd like a more useful tank to play T6 strongholds with you guys...

I have enough free xp to get an A43 or Cromwell.
Leaning towards A43 just to be different. I kinda like the idea of the 57mm zis.
Any glaring reason to talk me out of it? Thx.

Cromwell wolf packs work well not only because they are fast but because they are all the same speed. A group of Cromwells running around a map together, re-positioning as a group, then slamming into a herd of enemies can be a beautiful thing. I don't know how fast the A43 is, but probably not as fast as a Cromwell. The 34-85/Rudy is a great tank too, but if you are on a team with 6 Cromwells you are going to be the fat, slow wolf that arrives to the kill late and doesn't get to eat.

The T37 is a tank that works well with Cromwells because it's just about the same speed.

I think you should get a Cromwell first, then get other tanks. Usually we let people bring whatever they want, but if we ever want to run Cromwell wolf packs we need people with Cromwells.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Amazing, but where's the ring?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama posted:

Amazing, but where's the ring?

Look at your hands.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Are tier 8 dongholds all that common with PANSYs? The tier 6 games last night were fun but my favorite tanks are tier 7-9 :smith:

Also congratulations to us on losing several 95% games in a row

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Tier 8 requires too many people. Both for you and for others.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ROFLburger posted:

Are tier 8 dongholds all that common with PANSYs? The tier 6 games last night were fun but my favorite tanks are tier 7-9 :smith:

Perhaps things will change with the new system, but the way it was before, no. Basically, nobody ever did tier 10 strongholds, so the better clans would do tier 8 strongholds, and they would play to win. So we would go in with our varied assortment of tier 8 tanks and yellow, orange and green players and get absolutely demolished by blue players running something like eight IS-3s and two t-54 lightweights. It was possible to find a tier 8 team we could compete with, but it was rare. Also, the wait times were really long.

The quickest way to kill a PANSY stronghold detachment was for someone to say "hey, we have enough, let's do tier 8"

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 28, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

Buy back the T-34-85, train a crew up and have fun in tier 6. Also you could by a Rudy or T-34-85M premium tank whenever they go on sale again.

I do hope tier 10's get better and more popular so that we can play tier 8 dongholds.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 28, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

If you guys are like normal clans, your problems are: Everyone has to go in at the same time. You don't want to stop while shooting because your chances of getting tracked / blocking other people go up. Everyone needs to be shooting.

The 2nd part is making sure you are focusing targets. You want to all shoot the same target until it is dead and then shoot the next target. Once you master that, you will beat 75% of the pub clans.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

HFX posted:

If you guys are like normal clans, your problems are: Everyone has to go in at the same time. You don't want to stop while shooting because your chances of getting tracked / blocking other people go up. Everyone needs to be shooting.

The 2nd part is making sure you are focusing targets. You want to all shoot the same target until it is dead and then shoot the next target. Once you master that, you will beat 75% of the pub clans.

Good advice. The 2nd part is something we can work on. The first part, "going in together", probably isn't ever going to happen efficiently because we don't have callers and we let people bring whatever tanks they want and nobody likes telling other people what to do. example: "Ok guys, lets stick together and all sweep up the west side" "I'm going to go over here" "ok"

Also one of our regulars is deaf and you can't tell that guy anything.

But we can still probably win 60%+ by just trying to focus fire.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Trying to accept my [PANSY] invite, I keep getting errors in client... and told the clan the disbanded on the website. :psyduck:

Also, going to start out on a Cromwell. Strongholds just encourage that - I got rumbled few days ago by a platoon of Cromwells who just tore our team apart in Random, and it's was super gross. (And made me want one of the zippy buggers.)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Von Humboldt posted:

Trying to accept my [PANSY] invite, I keep getting errors in client... and told the clan the disbanded on the website. :psyduck:

Also, going to start out on a Cromwell. Strongholds just encourage that - I got rumbled few days ago by a platoon of Cromwells who just tore our team apart in Random, and it's was super gross. (And made me want one of the zippy buggers.)

Maybe try posting in the recruitment thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/283939-pansy-heer-as-volk/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:godwin:

quote:

i_know_i_am_hot : oooh hullo germans are gods of tanks

i_know_i_am_hot : just go google and find of battle performance of tiger 2 the legend and how many soviet tanks were taken down to kill on and alo i idmit russian and american tanks were more practical and so easy to build and so won war due to numbers but but germans wesr good engeniers but they were trying to just achieve something that the technology thoses days was limiting

MariusLecter : nazis designed obsolete garbage that was years ahead in obsolescence lol okay

i_know_i_am_hot : where u from @MariusLecter ?

(At this point the streamer gives me up as an American in passing)

i_know_i_am_hot : yeah now i get his frustration

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

yeah, your mistake was arguing about WWII tank engineering in twitch chat

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Naw his mistake was watching this horrible game on twitch.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I like to watch this terrible game on Twitch to try and learn things because I am truly terrible

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

I like to watch this terrible game on Twitch to try and learn things because I am truly terrible

I can't really relate. Is there a stream where I can better learn to jump off of cliffs onto enemies or turn Assault on to trigger Exia?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I can't really relate. Is there a stream where I can better learn to jump off of cliffs onto enemies or turn Assault on to trigger Exia?

Send me goomba stomp replays and i'll analyze and post video's rating the stomp on youtube.*

*Too lazy to actually do this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I tried to be one of the cool kids and goomba stomp an E75 on overlord but i missed.

However I did manage to convince a team of pubbies to not kill the last enemy tank and instead push them into the water on Abbey.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

I tried to be one of the cool kids and goomba stomp an E75 on overlord but i missed.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take :smuggo:

serious gaylord posted:

However I did manage to convince a team of pubbies to not kill the last enemy tank and instead push them into the water on Abbey.

Send me the replay and I will make a gif/video for everyone to enjoy

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ROFLburger posted:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take :smuggo:

Send me the replay and I will make a gif/video for everyone to enjoy

I dont keep replays and it was weeks ago I am so sorry everyone i've let you all down.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Redeye Flight posted:

hitting too close to home?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

The 34-85m might be better than the Rudy now. I'm not certain how big the mobility differences are but the 85m's front armour is significantly better to the point where it will often bounce AP up to about the 120mm pen range with slight angling. That makes the guns of most t5 mediums and some of the heavies unreliable.

If it's available again I might pick one up if it's really cheap. Can always use more Russian medium trainers.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Desuwa posted:

The 34-85m might be better than the Rudy now. I'm not certain how big the mobility differences are but the 85m's front armour is significantly better to the point where it will often bounce AP up to about the 120mm pen range with slight angling. That makes the guns of most t5 mediums and some of the heavies unreliable.

If it's available again I might pick one up if it's really cheap. Can always use more Russian medium trainers.

Not sure if you're actively participating in the current tankrewards event but it's one of the potential awards at the 45 point level.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ROFLburger posted:

spam Chillsau with platoon requests and play with him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

spam Chillsau with platoon requests and play with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPjgrqUtJI

Platoon with me at your peril. I think I am hilarious.

Note that my harsh criticism will make you a vastly better player very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

warcrimes posted:

hitting too close to home?

I don't want to use or validate in any way any phrasing or other bullshit that's come out of the "alt-right". I especially don't want to cringe at my own clan name every time I log on.

If we have to change the clan name and we can get away with 2G1K I'd be fine with that. That's funny.