Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
the first time i sank half the IJN as Australia and got no vp in HOI 4 i killed myself snd ive been a really angry autistic ghost since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Guys something wonderful has happened. I have realised that there is no character limit for naming things in ATG.

Making naming great again since 2017.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

CMANO put out a secret patch?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Not secret, we've been doing public testing for a bit now: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4232494

Guess all the patch announcements are coming with the next LIVE release: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4240021

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Not secret, we've been doing public testing for a bit now: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4232494

Guess all the patch announcements are coming with the next LIVE release: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4240021

Yeah, I was just surprised I got an update when I'm not on the test branch.

... or I might be. I could just be an idiot.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Let me tell you of Heidelberg...

Yup. About that. For almost 45 lines. He sortied out while the comparable sized friendly army just hosed off and left.

:ageod:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Oh hey there's a stream for Afghanistan '11 out now:

https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It looks just like a reskin of the Vietnam game. What mechanically is different? (I just started watching)

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It looks just like a reskin of the Vietnam game. What mechanically is different? (I just started watching)

Tim Stone did a preview last week which shows some new poo poo https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/17/the-flare-path-afghanistan-11-preview/

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I'm sure this isn't news to the thread in general, but just in case someone - like me - has a budding interest in playing some hex-based wargames but are afraid to spend those sweet dollars, I somehow JUST found out about Open General.

People have continued and expanded development on Panzer General II, modernizing its options and adding a bunch of custom content and new campaigns. There are content packs for World War 1, Korea, and a 1950s B-movie sci-fi type thing where you fight giant ants and moon-Nazis. As with, I assume, most crazy fanboy labors of love, it's still getting big updates.

I had been going back and forth on buying into Panzer Corps, but this scratches the small-scale scenario itch and from what I recall PG2 is highly regarded so I assume it is for good reason!

Searching the thread, it looks like it's only ever come up twice in fours years, so...sorry if this is like "guys have you heard of this thing, Counter-Strike?" But I don't see "free" come up in grognard games very often.

Between CMANO, Command Ops 2, and this, I should be set for a while.
...and Ultimate General and DC:Barbarossa and Strategic Command WWII and WitP and ...

Edit: Unrelated, but the one major mention in the thread is right next to the release of CMANO, when Baloogan was first singing its praises and convincing people to buy it, it's very cute.
Also right around there: mass-bitching about Matrix's refusal to list anything on Steam. Count me among the people who wouldn't have TOUCHED this poo poo if not for Steam.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 25, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squiggle posted:

Edit: Unrelated, but the one major mention in the thread is right next to the release of CMANO, when Baloogan was first singing its praises and convincing people to buy it, it's very cute.

:kimchi:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

And now he's howling CMANO at the moon.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
nuclear warheads coated with stealth etc being stored in lunar orbit where they perform their orbital insertion burns on the far side of the moon (and are thus invisible to earthbound observers) thousands of warheads then fall down the gravity well to strike targets in eurasia with zero warning ooooooooooo....

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

(His hair was perfect)

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Baloogan posted:

nuclear warheads coated with stealth etc being stored in lunar orbit where they perform their orbital insertion burns on the far side of the moon (and are thus invisible to earthbound observers) thousands of warheads then fall down the gravity well to strike targets in eurasia with zero warning ooooooooooo....

JUMP!

Sorry, had a BSG flashback for a second there

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dandywalken posted:

(His hair was perfect)

hahahahaha

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Baloogan posted:

Hey, when did CMANO and Children of a Dead Earth get a crossover?!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Davin Valkri posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Squiggle posted:

I'm sure this isn't news to the thread in general, but just in case someone - like me - has a budding interest in playing some hex-based wargames but are afraid to spend those sweet dollars, I somehow JUST found out about Open General.

People have continued and expanded development on Panzer General II, modernizing its options and adding a bunch of custom content and new campaigns. There are content packs for World War 1, Korea, and a 1950s B-movie sci-fi type thing where you fight giant ants and such. As with, I assume, most crazy fanboy labors of love, it's still getting big updates.

I had been going back and forth on buying into Panzer Corps, but this scratches the small-scale scenario itch and from what I recall PG2 is highly regarded so I assume it is for good reason!

Searching the thread, it looks like it's only ever come up twice in fours years, so...sorry if this is like "guys have you heard of this thing, Counter-Strike?" But I don't see "free" come up in grognard games very often.

Between CMANO, Command Ops 2, and this, I should be set for a while.
...and Ultimate General and DC:Barbarossa and Strategic Command WWII and WitP and ...

Well I didn't know about that. I wanna play World War Ant now.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i also utterly owe children of a dead earth a few videos

holy gently caress what a fantastic game, he better be working on a children of a dead earth 4x

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Davin Valkri posted:

This is basically The Expanse.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Baloogan posted:

i also utterly owe children of a dead earth a few videos

holy gently caress what a fantastic game, he better be working on a children of a dead earth 4x

Dt linked this in Discord, maybe a drone dropping a mortar onto a vehicle.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SameHeavenlyCrustacean.webm

Does CMANO model drones yet Baloogan?

If not teach me LUA can I can theorize on drone swarms attacking F35's like a bad Lego movie.

Edit : Woah, that embeds it and plays it. No way to tiny it either...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Yooper posted:

Edit : Woah, that embeds it and plays it. No way to tiny it either...

Why would you want to tiny such a glorious Command and Conquer clip?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

MrYenko posted:

Why would you want to tiny such a glorious Command and Conquer clip?

So the bandwith police don't beat me up. Gotta preserve that 56k vote.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yooper posted:

Dt linked this in Discord, maybe a drone dropping a mortar onto a vehicle.

That's not a maybe

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

New CMANO patch, game runs so suspiciously like rear end that I'm wondering if I've checked the 'calculate PI forever' box in the options window.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's probably just mining bitcoins.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It seems that 'high fidelity mode' is something that should only be used by people at CERN when the Large Hadron Collider is down for maintenance and they need something for their supercomputers to do.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

http://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-normandy-44-is-a-realistic-ww2-rts-coming-this-year/

Eugen's back and hopefully nobody will ever have to play SP:WWII ever again.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Stairmaster posted:

nobody will ever have to play SP:WWII ever again.
That ain't gonna happen. Get this: SP:WWII is good :smugdog: also differences between rts tbs etc

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Stairmaster posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-normandy-44-is-a-realistic-ww2-rts-coming-this-year/

Man I loved Wargame and haaated Ruse. Hopefully it's more the former.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Man I loved Wargame and haaated Ruse. Hopefully it's more the former.

I'm the opposite, love the mindgames of Ruse. I hope there's more dastardly shenanigans in this one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cool new Metroid game posted:

That ain't gonna happen. Get this: SP:WWII is good :smugdog: also differences between rts tbs etc

igo-yougo is a crime against humanity, actually.

gazza
Oct 20, 2013
Every now and then I feel like playing Steel Panthers, and then I spend half an hour waiting for the turn resolution to end as every infantry squad on the map uselessly shoots each of their individually modeled weapons systems at a tank with that stupid pinging ricochet sound playing over and over again

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

Please let this be the CM killer I've been dreaming of.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gazza posted:

Every now and then I feel like playing Steel Panthers, and then I spend half an hour waiting for the turn resolution to end as every infantry squad on the map uselessly shoots each of their individually modeled weapons systems at a tank with that stupid pinging ricochet sound playing over and over again

Did you turn the animation level down to zero?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gazza posted:

Three Moves Ahead were just forced to do a Steel Panthers show by their patreon backers and it was just Rob bitching for an hour how terrible the game was now and how all the community scenarios were terrible.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here I was hoping for more content for Graviteam Tactics

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

V for Vegas posted:

Three Moves Ahead were just forced to do a Steel Panthers show by their patreon backers and it was just Rob bitching for an hour how terrible the game was now and how all the community scenarios were terrible.

I can't believe they didn't edit out their 10 minute digression of Rob deleting the family computer's hard drive with a DOS deltree command. I like 3MA most days, but jesus guys, stay on topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
Children of a Dead Earth just released a new patch. It includes the ability to make turrets fire forward so you can make an armored wedge of doom, and also should have fewer violations of the conservation of energy in your railguns and coilguns.

Also, while I have Baloogan's attention: Holy poo poo I just saw a Starfighter pull off a split-S in CMANO. I didn't know the aero model for aircraft could support vertical maneuvers like that. (Now if only there was an easy way to tell my planes not to try a head-on gun run and fly in front of the guns of Su-17s that flew in perfectly straight lines. And also if there wasn't like a 17% chance of said Su-17 sniping those Starfighters with said gun even though the Starfighter is zooming by at like mach 2 and with a difference of 20,000 feet of altitude.)