Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If you make me take Media Matters seriously you have to take Breitbart seriously. Is that a deal

I'll take Breitbart seriously if they are quoting the sources directly. There's no spin on anything I quoted, it is direct quotes from the state officials commenting on their respective laws. I try not to discount any particular story just because it comes from a particular media outlet; that's a logical fallacy and I try to avoid those.

Double check if you like, if they totally made poo poo up then I'll say "well drat you got me then" but... well they're quoting direct verifiable sources and that isn't the only media outlet reporting that stuff.

e: I googled the Maine quote just as a spot check, seems legit to me. Purer source if you want:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article11912165.ece/BINARY/Read:%20City%20attorney%27s%20memo%20and%20proposed%20ordinance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Moridin920 posted:

I try not to discount any particular story just because it comes from a particular media outlet;

holy crap moridin how much free time do you have

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

holy crap moridin how much free time do you have

It's not hard to google a headline and double check what one media outlet says against what others are reporting is it?

Takes like 2 minutes most of the time. Took me less than 15 seconds to verify the quote I just did. Google is amazing.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

That doesn't mean that all of that is the same nor does it mean that it is a good thing.

If someone is gross and smelly bc they don't shower that's one thing but if someone is just dressed in a way you don't like that's not really good enough justification to be curtailing their rights and freedoms.

Rights and freedoms. Surely the founding fathers should have added the poop and pee feels amendment.

I identify as someone who views you as an idiot.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lol trump's hosed: the poop and pee amendment

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
My honest assessment is that transbathroom thing is a wedge issue specifically designed to trigger people like Moridin. I'd rather if a man dressed as a woman used the men's room and I had to deal with it, and not a little girl. But Moridin feels like the confusion should be placed on everyone else, not the trans person, because of their feelings.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

But Nancy Pelosi said that Trump has already committed several impeachable offenses. Do you think she's full of crap? Lol JK.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Krustic posted:

But Nancy Pelosi said that Trump has already committed several impeachable offenses. Do you think she's full of crap? Lol JK.

People like Pelosi will insure an 8 year term. More Pelosi please.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Spunky can't have any transmen in his bathroom ruining his pure gay bathroom jack off experience.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Spunky can't have any transmen in his bathroom ruining his pure gay bathroom jack off experience.

much like these forums, the bathrooms have to be sufficiently gay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

Rights and freedoms. Surely the founding fathers should have added the poop and pee feels amendment.

I identify as someone who views you as an idiot.

Surely if the founding fathers intended for the state to be able to assign genders they would have explicitly written that in like they wrote other stuff that the gov't can and cannot do in.

Surely every piece of legislation promising equality and freedom for all doesn't include an asterisk that says *unless you are trans.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Spunky and Fog will probably volunteer to be chief dick toucher, to see if it's real men using the bathroom, you also never know if those are in fact dongs, so you gotta make real sure.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Speaking of things you do not see on a person, yet are not allowed in certain places (making my feelings hurt):
Licensed concealed carry? Statistically not harmful, you would not know if it was not whipped out or if you checked someone for it, and is already illegal to brandish.

edit: Also willing to bet it is > .6% of the US population.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 28, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My honest assessment is that transbathroom thing is a wedge issue specifically designed to trigger people like Moridin. I'd rather if a man dressed as a woman used the men's room and I had to deal with it, and not a little girl. But Moridin feels like the confusion should be placed on everyone else, not the trans person, because of their feelings.

Bro, your inability to empathize with trans people (the people you are constantly misgendering and calling "men dressed as women") is loving amazing tbh. What confusion lol they just want to go in and use the bathroom like everyone else and every single data point agrees with that.

What about the fact that post-op trans people are still not good enough to enter women's bathrooms?

Dude you've literally got nothing backing you up except your indignant feelings and at the same time you're saying "you only want this bc your feelings." I loving hate hypocrisy more than anything else.

What about the fact that you have no way of loving knowing who is trans and who is not aside from your gut feel that you'd just be able to tell (hint, you can't every time).

It wouldn't need to BE a wedge issue if people like you stopped getting panicked about made up problems.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 28, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Spunky and Fog will probably volunteer to be chief dick toucher, to see if it's real men using the bathroom, you also never know if those dongs are fact, so you gotta make real sure.

Whoah, that is some compelling hot take.

Could you perhaps use your inside voice and stop posting like an imbecile?
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 28, 2017

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

Speaking of things you do not see on a person, yet are not allowed in certain places (making my feelings hurt):
Licensed concealed carry? Statistically not harmful, you would not know if it was not whipped out or if you checked someone for it, and is already illegal to brandish.

"THIS IS THE PRICE OF FREEDOM"

Fog Tripper yelled as he fondled teenager's dilz while pointing a gun at their heads, in order to insure his bathroom remained pure place of heterosexual freedom.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

You're loving aggressively moronic so often that it is to the point that I feel like if you are serious I pity you in your every day life bc jfc, you must be a miserable sack of poo poo to be like this.

:sad:

Show us on the doll where the gay man touched you?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Dude you've literally got nothing backing you up except your indignant feelings and at the same time you're saying "you only want this bc your feelings." I loving hate hypocrisy more than anything else.

I had dudes jerking off in restrooms because there's a bunch of weird mother fuckers out there and it's probably better if they don't go in women's rooms

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I had dudes jerking off in restrooms because there's a bunch of weird mother fuckers out there and it's probably better if they don't go in women's rooms

but that's already illegal

so why do you need special protections from trans people?

what about post op trans people?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

You're loving aggressively moronic so often that it is to the point that I feel like if you are serious I pity you in your every day life bc jfc, you must be a miserable sack of poo poo to be like this.

:sad:

Show us on the doll where the gay man touched you?

So basically as usual you have no answer beyond insults.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

So basically as usual you have no answer beyond insults.

Nah I gave you more time and effort than most reasonable people would I think, you just ignore any argument that isn't in your favor and spout more dumb poo poo off instead.

Notice I'm not calling Spunky a bunch of names. Just you, fam.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Maybe you should stop jerking off in bathrooms.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

Nah I gave you more time and effort than most reasonable people would I think, you just ignore any argument that isn't in your favor and spout more dumb poo poo off instead.

Notice I'm not calling Spunky a dumb sack of poo poo. Just you, fam.

Yeah, I would not address what I posted in an adult way either.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

but that's already illegal

so why do you need special protections from trans people?

what about post op trans people?

Once again, it's not trans people, it's people who are going to exploit the fact that everyone gets to go anywhere

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Once again, it's not trans people, it's people who are going to exploit the fact that everyone gets to go anywhere

k but

quote:

Des Moines Police Department: "We Have Not Seen That." In an interview with Media Matters, Des Moines Police Department spokesman Jason Halifax stated that he hadn't seen cases of sexual assault related to the state's non-discrimination ordinance:

We have not seen that. I doubt that's gonna encourage the behavior. If the behavior's there, [sexual predators are] gonna behave as they're gonna behave no matter what the laws are. [Phone interview, 3/13/14]

should I believe the police or should I believe you based on you've seen dudes jacking off in bathrooms?

This is from 2014, way before all this controversy even got exploded.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

What about gay pedos? What law do we have in place to stop them from taking advantage of people at the homosexual butt buffets you call bathrooms?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Anyone else ship the main characters of Spunk & Mordy?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Police Superintendant, Cambridge Police

quote:

Back in 1984 Cambridge enacted an ordinance that established the Human Rights Commission. The purpose of the ordinance was to protect the human rights of all citizens of the City. In 1997 this ordinance was amended to specifically include gender identity and expression. Much like the Transgender Equal Rights Bill proposal, the City of Cambridge sought to offer protection to transgender individuals from being harassed, fired from a job, denied access to a public place, or denied or evicted from housing. Since this 1997 amendment there have been no incidents or issues regarding persons abusing this ordinance or using them as a defense to commit crimes. Specifically, as was raised as a concern if the bill were to be passed, there have been no incidents of men dressing up as women to commit crimes in female bathrooms and using the city ordinance as a defense.

I mean dude multiple police departments are saying this. This one is from 1997 so don't say not enough data to know yet.

Maybe... you are wrong?

Minneapolis Police Spokesman John Elder posted:

1993 transgender non-discrimination law have been "not even remotely" a problem. Based on his experience, the notion of men posing as transgender women to enter women's restrooms to commit sex crimes "sounds a little silly," Elder said. According to Elder, a police department inquiry found "nothing" in the way of such crimes in the city.

Is it just all fake news???

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 28, 2017

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
after one long hour, it was finally my turn

entering the curtain, my clothes were taken off. cameras flashed. a light prick on my right arm, a small sample of blood taken.

it really wasnt so bad, once you got used to it.

<PROCESSING... PROCESSING...>

after about a minute, my DNA cleared and i "passed". the door unlocked, allowing me to take my piss with piece of mind.

god bless america

crime weed fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 28, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

"Mordy *burp* we gotta stop the dudes in dresses from loving in bathrooms, its unnatural, now help me jack off into this urinal"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Moridin920 posted:

Police Superintendant, Cambridge Police

I mean dude multiple police departments are saying this. This one is from 1997 so don't say not enough data to know yet.

Maybe... you are wrong?

Is it just all fake news???

what do you really trust these uniformed goddamn nazis moridin???

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Toadvine posted:

Which one of them is the bottom though?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gun control doesn't work because criminals don't abide by laws.

But child rapists do abide by laws so if you tell them to stay out of the bathroom they will.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's just bonkers to me dude like, yeah, let's poo poo on trans people because of some completely made up bullshit that sounds good only if you accept that trans people = sexual deviants to begin with meanwhile multiple major police departments around the country are going "this isn't a real problem and it hasn't ever been a real problem in years and years and years and it sounds kind of silly tbh."

Meanwhile ~70 kids a week are raped in churches and... crickets.

But yeah, I only care because ~my feelings~

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

This is why Trump won with all this straight white man shaming!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

It's just bonkers to me dude like, yeah, let's poo poo on trans people because of some completely made up bullshit that sounds good only if you accept that trans people = sexual deviants to begin with meanwhile multiple major police departments around the country are going "this isn't a real problem and it hasn't ever been a real problem in years and years and years and it sounds kind of silly tbh."

But yeah, I only care because ~my feelings~

So much projection here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So much projection here

Bro what loving part of that is projection exactly? Every single statement there is backed up by things I have cited in this very thread.

Alright I grant you the bit about "this only sounds good if you assume trans people are sex perverts" is an assertion based on nothing cited but I feel like it's pretty goddamn accurate since you just keep coming back to "but people were jacking off nude in the bathroom while looking at me." Idk why else you are so stubborn about something multiple police departments are saying is a 100% made up concern.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 28, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Moridin920 posted:

Bro what loving part of that is projection exactly? Every single statement there is backed up by things I have cited in this very thread.

Alright I grant you the bit about "this only sounds good if you assume trans people are sex perverts" is an assertion based on nothing cited but I feel like it's pretty goddamn accurate since you just keep coming back to "but people were jacking off nude in the bathroom while looking at me."

please stop devaluing spunkys lived experience mordy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Alright I grant you the bit about "this only sounds good if you assume trans people are sex perverts" is an assertion based on nothing cited but I feel like it's pretty goddamn accurate since you just keep coming back to "but people were jacking off nude in the bathroom while looking at me." Idk why else you are so stubborn about something multiple police departments are saying is a 100% made up concern.

100% made up when I walk into the bathroom and there's just a naked rear end guy at the drat sink like "sup bro"

• Locked thread