Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Someone buy my copy of yakuza 2 :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

They were all expecting Japanese GTA.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Yossarian posted:

Someone buy my copy of yakuza 2 :grin:

They actually just reprinted Yakuza 1-4 so it's not extremely rare anymore

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Why is my $40 Roku stick a better media device than a $400 4th generation console by a global megacorp that's been making consumer electronics for 40 years. Seriously why does the TV & Video bit suck so badly? We had the Pro less than a week before I went back to using the Roku for my Netflix and Plex needs.

Possibly related to how Sony's main business is finance and yet they can't figure out how to make a store that takes money.

Still waiting for the one perfect TV box.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Horizon Zero Dawn is a pretty fantastic game. It doesn't really do anything new, but as someone who has grown extremely bored of open world games, I had to force myself to stop playing to go to work. I was pretty hesitant to buy it, but Im extremely pleased with it so far.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Imagined posted:

Why is my $40 Roku stick a better media device than a $400 4th generation console by a global megacorp that's been making consumer electronics for 40 years. Seriously why does the TV & Video bit suck so badly? We had the Pro less than a week before I went back to using the Roku for my Netflix and Plex needs.

Possibly related to how Sony's main business is finance and yet they can't figure out how to make a store that takes money.

Cause Roku sticks are really good at what they do. By the same token my TV's smart features are better then both.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think I finally realised I'm pretty done with Souls games as a genre, I wasn't really getting them because I love them, I was just chasing the rush of experiencing Dark Souls for the first time and obviously that isn't possible again.

I'm gonna trade in Bloodborne and Nioh and get HZD, everyone's raving about it and it looks like it scratches every other reasonable itch I have.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Bombadilillo posted:

But holy poo poo, after 5 minutes with 0 I will buy every Yakuza game that comes out. Its really fun. All they had to do was localize one drat game.

Wait, I can't quite tell if you're joking or not. You do realize that every Yakuza game (at least, the main titles, and a zombie spinoff) have been localized and released in NA, right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anywhere I can buy a PS4 controller with the Xbox One joysticks installed? I'd do it myself, but I'm not that confident I wouldn't wreck the $50 controller

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I see more scantily and suggestive stuff on the street and on national television.

Gonna play the whole game like this for no other reason that it's loving ridiculous.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pablo Gigante posted:

They actually just reprinted Yakuza 1-4 so it's not extremely rare anymore

Lol god dammit

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Imagined posted:

You might not be waiting for the right technology so much as you're waiting for the right monopoly to come along. TV and video services are so fragmented. Split among so many different companies and providers.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Wait, I can't quite tell if you're joking or not. You do realize that every Yakuza game (at least, the main titles, and a zombie spinoff) have been localized and released in NA, right?

No I didn't know that. though 0 was the first one with 1 and 6 following in the coming year? Or are these just ps4 remakes?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

0, 1 remake and 6 are the only ones on PS4 at the moment.

1 and 2 are on PS2

3,4,5,0 and the 1 remake are on PS3.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

0, 1 remake and 6 are the only ones on PS4 at the moment.

1 and 2 are on PS2

3,4,5,0 and the 1 remake are on PS3.

Thanks. I might could be bothered to play on the ps3. But PS2 is not happening. Probably wait for the ps4 ones. Theres too many amazing games coming out (or out) right now. Golden age of gaming.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bombadilillo posted:

Thanks. I might could be bothered to play on the ps3. But PS2 is not happening. Probably wait for the ps4 ones. Theres too many amazing games coming out (or out) right now. Golden age of gaming.

STOP. :commissar:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"Golden age" has more than one meaning you tedious dipshit.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxxidation posted:

Do tell.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Imagined posted:

granted I don't use Plex but I don't get what the Roku has over the PS4 when it comes to Amazon and Netflix. every Roku I've used has been a laggy piece of poo poo, but I also haven't used the stick, so maybe they managed to make that one be not-terrible

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Actual Mass Effect gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

This looks more like Destiny 2 (with worse combat) than Mass Effect 4.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

If you've been subbed to PS+ for awhile and redeeming all the games you might have Yakuza 4 already, they gave it away a year or two ago. Skipping the PS2 games is a pretty good idea no matter what, Yakuza 1 is at best a flawed game with a cool story and comparing it to a more recent Yakuza is totally night and day. Each Yakuza game is mostly a stand alone story and they always have plot recaps for the important stuff so skipping around is not a big deal.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

granted I don't use Plex but I don't get what the Roku has over the PS4 when it comes to Amazon and Netflix. every Roku I've used has been a laggy piece of poo poo, but I also haven't used the stick, so maybe they managed to make that one be not-terrible

On Roku I can delete the poo poo I'll never use and not have to scroll down past 20 bullshit things to get to the stuff I do use, which I can also reorganize however I want, for one. For two, in Netflix the PS4 doesn't seem to automatically go on to the next episode for some reason? Even my 4 year old noticed that. Come to think of it the PS3 Netflix app did the same thing.

In the Plex app specifically the PS4 doesn't seem to support almost any common media codecs and so almost everything I play has to be transcoded instead of the direct play even the wimpy Roku is capable of doing.

Also about every 10th time I'd select the TV & Video category it would take a minute and a half to load anything anyway.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 28, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

If I want vue do I just need a US psn account? Can I use the service in Canada?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Imagined posted:

On Roku I can delete the poo poo I'll never use and not have to scroll down past 20 bullshit things to get to the stuff I do use, which I can also reorganize however I want, for one. For two, in Netflix the PS4 doesn't seem to automatically go on to the next episode for some reason? Even my 4 year old noticed that. Come to think of it the PS3 Netflix app did the same thing.

this is definitely a glitch or hidden setting or something, because I have no issues with that on Amazon/Netflix (I don't think it happened on my PS3 either, but it's been too long since I've used it to know for sure). every like 5 episodes it'll ask if I'm still actually watching the show, but that's about it.

you're probably right about the codecs thing because I remember reading about it being finicky with that kind of stuff back when the released their own media player, but I don't use my PS4 as a media server, so I wouldn't be able to say one way or the other.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Imagined posted:

In the Plex app specifically the PS4 doesn't seem to support almost any common media codecs and so almost everything I play has to be transcoded instead of the direct play even the wimpy Roku is capable of doing.

Also about every 10th time I'd select the TV & Video category it would take a minute and a half to load anything anyway.

The PS4 Netflix app definately autotmatically goes onto the next episode for me. Sometimes it pops up a thumbnail and a countdown ("next episode in 15... 14... 13...." and so forth) but it always loads the next episode except for when it does its "Are you STILL watching this?" check every couple of hours. Which they probably dont mean to sound as passive aggressive as I read it to be fair.

Cant speak to the Plex issue as I dont use it, but I would describe the netflix/prime instant video apps as "fine".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

You can change Netflix preferences from the Netflix websites, SHOULD affect all your players. I turned my kids profile off from autoplay because they just wander off and used data. You can also set single profiles quality. Incase you don't want to be using 1080p data on cartoons. But I have a dumb data cap so I care.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Purchased DLC for Berserk in the USA store. Thinking my copy was an american version. I can't get the dlc installed.
My copy of Berserk is listed as CUSA07406.
Trying to access the dlc store ingame on my EU account gives me an error.

The 10 bucks is sadly wasted now. But which region do I need to buy dlc for this game?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Actual Mass Effect gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

This looks more like Destiny 2 (with worse combat) than Mass Effect 4.

This character is the worst in every way.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

Purchased DLC for Berserk in the USA store. Thinking my copy was an american version. I can't get the dlc installed.
My copy of Berserk is listed as CUSA07406.
Trying to access the dlc store ingame on my EU account gives me an error.

The 10 bucks is sadly wasted now. But which region do I need to buy dlc for this game?

You need to make an american account, set your PS4 as its primary, and download the DLC on the american account. Then log back in to your normal account and you should be able to use to DLC.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

Most pro-enabled games will downsample when driving a 1080p display, the ones that don't let you choose native 1080p with more effects or fps at least. So it'll look better than a non-pro, but not as much better as it would if both consoles were plugged into a 4K display (where the non-pro output would get run through the TV's scaler).

I have a 1440p monitor, what could I do with a Pro

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

You need to make an american account, set your PS4 as its primary, and download the DLC on the american account. Then log back in to your normal account and you should be able to use to DLC.

The american account is activated as primary on my PS4. the message I get when trying to install the DLC through the American account is "Cannot find the application, Do you want to look in playstation store?" Then it brings me to Berserk on the PS store.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

The american account is activated as primary on my PS4. the message I get when trying to install the DLC through the American account is "Cannot find the application, Do you want to look in playstation store?" Then it brings me to Berserk on the PS store.

Sorry I think I misread your post. You could try booting up the game on the US account to see if it recognises it then?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

Sorry I think I misread your post. You could try booting up the game on the US account to see if it recognises it then?

Got the same error as my eu (dutch) account. I'll try with an UK account?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

If it's a physical copy, and has CUSA then 5 digits on the spine only, it's a US version, if it has the 5 digits plus 7 smaller digits underneath, it's a EU/UK version. I guess some games complain about US/EU DLC compatability. If it's an EU version and you bought the DLC off the US store that may be why its not working.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a 1440p monitor, what could I do with a Pro

Play downscaled 1080p

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sefal posted:

I found this link, which may help

e: a bit late, I guess

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Both the base and dlc need to be from the same region. You can play the game on whatever region account you use, but the two items must match.

Eg : I have Destiny from the US but play on my AU account, if I wanted to buy silver, when accessing the game from my AU account it will error, if I buy it from the US store it works fine.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

On a scale of Far Cry 2 to Far Cry 4 please rate Horizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Harlock posted:

On a scale of Far Cry 2 to Far Cry 4 please rate Horizon

Far Cry Primal