Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

my uncle works for nintendo and he says paradox is making a fantasy expansion for CK2 using the mario universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Soup du Jour posted:

I will continue to hold out hope for my dream half-Vicky half-EU 1776-1836 Age of Revolutions game.

March of the Eagles kinda-sorta fits that.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I cannot believe Paradox has announced Victoria 3 as a Switch exclusive.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Making Rome 2 a VR game is a bold move but I have faith in Paradox.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm daring to hope it is an iOS Sengoku port

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can't wait for them to announce more than a year of dev diaries for a game that won't be released until Q3 2018!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Rome II is actually a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that one Star Trek episode.

Victoria III is also a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that other Star Trek episode.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Rome II is actually a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that one Star Trek episode.

Victoria III is also a Stellaris expansion, in the tradition of that other Star Trek episode.

Would unironically preorder both of these right now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Which Star Trek episode is Wiz's dating game?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

You can probably find 90% of all historical and fantasy settings as themed planets in an episode of Star Trek, right?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I dont know why you guys think its anything other than Paradox's rip-off of East vs West. :colbert:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Imagine four paradox franchises on the edge of a cliff

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Communist Zombie posted:

I dont know why you guys think its anything other than Paradox's rip-off of East vs West. :colbert:

Honestly, a Cold War era Paradox game that's actually developed by Paradox with a focus on politics/diplomacy rather than being a World War 3 simulator would be awesome.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Rome II but it's actually an mmo where each player plays a senator like Wiz's Crete LP.

Or a Crusader Kings mmo

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

V for Vegas posted:

Can't wait for them to announce more than a year of dev diaries for a game that won't be released until Q3 2018!

In fairness, I think they've said they're trying hard not to do this after HoI4s multiple delays. If were lucky they're aiming for a fall release or something.

How long was Stellaris from announcement to release? I feel like it was... I dunno nine months or so?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

GrossMurpel posted:

You can probably find 90% of all historical and fantasy settings as themed planets in an episode of Star Trek, right?

Let me tell you something about Tribal culture...

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Koramei posted:

Which Star Trek episode is Wiz's dating game?

The Man Trap

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

uPen posted:

The Man Trap

Please don't doxx my wife :mad:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/pdxinteractive/status/836947253889753090

https://twitter.com/steeldivgame/status/836946840125833217

Looks like we are due another WW2 game out of Paradox Interactive! I know this probably isn't what their new forum is about, but interesting news nevertheless.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Nice. RUSE was a really good game and I'm glad Eugen is going back to that period.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

https://twitter.com/pdxinteractive/status/836947253889753090

https://twitter.com/steeldivgame/status/836946840125833217

Looks like we are due another WW2 game out of Paradox Interactive! I know this probably isn't what their new forum is about, but interesting news nevertheless.

It is what the forum is about, they renamed it. So, congrats to people who want realistic WWII RTSs, and those of us who wanted a new Viki or Rome can wait longer....

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

That's lame, I'm writing a complaint letter about this

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The game is only about Normandy it seems, but this being Paradox, it'll be DLC haven with Market Garden, Husky, Avalanche and the rest of it down the line.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

OddObserver posted:

It is what the forum is about, they renamed it. So, congrats to people who want realistic WWII RTSs, and those of us who wanted a new Viki or Rome can wait longer....

Yeah, blah. They should really be clear if it's an internal title when they're teasing stuff, so as not to get us excited for a real Paradox game. :smith:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eugen is a great company, hopefully Paradox will give them more opportunities than Focus did.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nice. RUSE was a really good game and I'm glad Eugen is going back to that period.

I wonder if they'll go back to using corny live action cutscenes like they had in Act of War...

Regardless, a tactical RTS set in WW2 could be fun. I've enjoyed most of their otrher games though their Wargame series is a bit of a mixed bag at times.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ZearothK posted:

Eugen is a great company, hopefully Paradox will give them more opportunities than Focus did.

Yeah, their former publishers pushing for naval u it's kinda wrecked Wargame for me.

Is it going to be basically ww2 Wargame? Cause that would own

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Paradox made Hearts of Iron 3 and 4.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
The betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new WW2 grog game &c.

:(

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Do their games have counters?
No counters, no buy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

No counters, no buy.

Wargame did actually.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Eugen are great, but as many of us will testify from the Wargame days they've had difficulty communicating with players in the past and really, really struggle with 'more does not equal better'. Hopefully they'll get a firm guiding hand from Paradox on this one (and also Paradox have learned that throwing money on developers they think are cute is nice but not a valid strategy for success).

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hopefully this won't end in tears like the March of the Eagles thing.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Decrepus posted:

As a matter of fact, Paradox also did Hearts of Iron 1 and 2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

To be honest a wargame/ruse hybrid has me more hype than victoria 3 ever could.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Decrepus posted:

hey, one out of two ain't bad

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Hoi4 is a lot of fun and it's getting better.

I do still have burning hate for it when this poo poo happens though.

http://imgur.com/WHJEpJk

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Pooned posted:

Hoi4 is a lot of fun and it's getting better.

I do still have burning hate for it when this poo poo happens though.

Yeah, it does feel a bit dumb that a single division attacking a province with seventy divisions in it prevents those seventy divisions leaving the province until it is defeated.

It should really just "lock in" the combat width (or maybe combat width x2) of the combat and allow the excess to move around.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The main problem with that bug is that the AI doesn't seem to be subject to the rule that you can't attack with less than 20% org (or something like that). So it will keep throwing the same defeated division back into combat on the very next tick even though it shouldn't be able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

GrossMurpel posted:

No counters, no buy.

"It doesn't matter if it's a black cat or a white cat; if it's represented with a counter, it's a good cat."