Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Down for SteamWorld Dig 2 if they expand it into something that lasts more than a couple of hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's a great list for the first year. All I want now is Spelunky and I'm set on indie games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wish that La Mulana could get a console port, that game would be right at home on Nintendo.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Augus posted:

Wish that La Mulana could get a console port, that game would be right at home on Nintendo.

Good news! It's available on the Wii

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And the Vita

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zeeman posted:

Good news! It's available on the Wii

I meant modern console port!
Wiiware games hardly even count as a thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's a few good Wiiware exclusive games. It's a shame most will probably stay there like the ones Konami did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's a few good Wiiware exclusive games. It's a shame most will probably stay there like the ones Konami did.

Never understood why stuff like Mega Man 9 & 10, Castlevania Rebirth, Contra Rebirth, and the previous Blaster Master sequel never got ported beyond the WiiWare. I mean MM9&10 are on the PS3 and 360, but never got a proper port to the new consoles outside of BC support for the XBox One.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania ReBirth is one of those, that's a really cool game stuck on a weird platform.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The two Final Fantasy WiiWare ones were good too, My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord. Want to shake a joycon and summon Chime.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Don't forget the sequel to Final Fantasy 4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV:_The_After_Years

Although it's for Windows and poo poo now, but that's bullshit, play it on the Wii

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Spellman posted:

I very much want to forget it.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Runner 3 as in Bit.Trip Runner? Hell yeah.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spellman posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV:_The_After_Years

Although it's for Windows and poo poo now, but that's bullshit, play it on the Wii

They also released After Years on the PSP release of IV. They also made an exclusive interlude chapter that's about the length of one chapter of After Years.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Scratch-O posted:

Runner 3 as in Bit.Trip Runner? Hell yeah.

The very same. I can't loving wait. :getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The after years is horrible

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I liked most of the gameplay of The After Years but the game really could have used a skip cutscene button so that you can use it on every one of them every single time, including on a first playthrough.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best thing about The After Years was on wii it was broken up into a bunch of chapters you had to buy individually for what I believe was more than a retail game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Phantasium posted:

The best thing about The After Years was on wii it was broken up into a bunch of chapters you had to buy individually for what I believe was more than a retail game.

Diabolical, can you still get it, or it that cooked-in DLC that you can't download through the Wii Shop channel

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can still buy stuff on the Wii Shop Channel. It's just online gameplay that has been taken down.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think the game cost $40 or so after buying all the chapters, so it definitely wasn't more than a full retail game at the time, but it was pretty high for a download title, and weird how it was released episodically. I imagine it would have sucked to buy the first bit of it without knowing that and then hit the "end of chapter" point a couple hours in.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

grand theft grotto posted:

I think the game cost $40 or so after buying all the chapters, so it definitely wasn't more than a full retail game at the time, but it was pretty high for a download title, and weird how it was released episodically. I imagine it would have sucked to buy the first bit of it without knowing that and then hit the "end of chapter" point a couple hours in.

Good thing I quickly found out it sucked and never hit that point, then.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those indie titles are actually making me want a Switch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Runner 3? Hell yes!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Anora posted:

Those indie titles are actually making me want a Switch.

Say what you will about the admittedly-small launch lineup, but the Switch has a pretty drat decent first year of titles coming. That's before even whatever might get trotted out at e3 for a September/October release.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Splatoon 2 is the best videogame news so far this year

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Heads up for PAL folks - Sega are having a big sale this week. Miku and Rhythm Thief are both reduced, as well as a chunk of the Sega 3D Classics (both the individual games and the collection). The individual games will be €2.49/£2.24, which is a steal for them.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Zeeman posted:

Also, Stardew Valley multiplayer is a timed console exclusive, and several games launching on Switch first.

Uhhhh, nope.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/836667019931967488

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

PAL My Nintendo has a bunch of Fire Emblem discounts. And TM #FE, again.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Timed Console Exclusive.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Timed Console Exclusive.

Oh, yeah. This misuse of "exclusive" (by brands, not posters here) is a bit silly really..

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Well yeah, I mean so much stuff is multi-platform at this point that Console manufacturers came up with this magical concept of "timed" exclusives. It's all a bit silly really.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Well yeah, I mean so much stuff is multi-platform at this point that Console manufacturers came up with this magical concept of "timed" exclusives. It's all a bit silly really.

Honestly, something that was completely unexpected to me about the Switch is that it is now going to be my primary platform for buying indie games. I definitely didn't even think about it until yesterday's presentation that the Switch is the perfect platform for indie titles. They aren't graphical powerhouses, and they usually can be played in short bursts if you want to take it mobile, but they are also deep enough that sometimes you just want to sit on the couch and immerse yourself.

It's very very smart for them to make porting indie titles to Switch easy and promote the poo poo out of them. It just changed the dynamic for me from "Buy every cross platform title on PS4" to "Only buy AAA cross platform titles on PS4, and buy everything else on the Switch."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JV8v7WC6Ck

Eshop introduction for Switch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RIP Wii U eshop slider minigame

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is breath of the wild preloading on the wiiu? I totally forgot it comes out so soon and if I can preload it now I'll go ahead and buy it on the wiiu store.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Froist posted:

Oh, yeah. This misuse of "exclusive" (by brands, not posters here) is a bit silly really..

Sony buried that word so hard people still aren't sure about the FF7R situation

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
TMS#FE and Xenoblade both got 30% discounts with the my Nintendo gold coins.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do we have a list of first day eshop releases yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Do we have a list of first day eshop releases yet?

No but Nintendo has confirmed no Virtual Console at launch so it'll probably be just the games we know are coming day one.