Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SpaceGoku posted:

conservatives are actually the sensitive ones, this shouldn't surprise anybody

yup

literally everything they accuse the left of doing about are things they do themselves to a much greater degree

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Piss tape real

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

fits my needs posted:

What? So there still gonna vote R regardless so what's the loving point appealing to them?

🤔

There isn't a point in appealing to them. You can't use logic and policy to woo somebody that uses neither. They are pretty dumb though so maybe just run the next Liberal as a Republican?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They do exist. In my anecdotal experience I've come across several "conservatives" who know he's a big idiot pissbaby and hate him but still act like it's justified because team R "won".

Yup, this is my anecdotal experience as well. Half a decade of the GOP yelling 'TAXES' in between dog whistles has worked, no matter how much they hate Trump people like this will never turn to the dems because they will steal all their money and give it to (???)

Like, one of the few people I know who voted for Trump is a man with a hispanic husband, most of his party would gun him down in the street if they could, but TAXES so it's GOP all the way down.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

2 months in, everything seems possible

In his speech to an energized CPAC crowd, Trump repeated his often-made promise to put Americans first, and to keep fighting for them. His “historic” November victory, Trump said, represented a win for freedom and the rule of law.

Trump’s administration is just entering its second month, or as Bannon expressed it, “the top of the first inning,” and there will be resistance every inch of the way. Months of tough fights lay ahead, but during the three-day CPAC conference, everything Trump says seems possible.

Joe Guzzardi is a senior writing fellow with Californians for Population Stabilization.

That’s why CAPS advocates slowing mass immigration to more sustainable levels and a deliberate approach to family size. If you’d like to see our specific policy solutions, just click here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Californians for Eugenics

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Maduo posted:

Yup, this is my anecdotal experience as well. Half a decade of the GOP yelling 'TAXES' in between dog whistles has worked, no matter how much they hate Trump people like this will never turn to the dems because they will steal all their money and give it to (???)

Like, one of the few people I know who voted for Trump is a man with a hispanic husband, most of his party would gun him down in the street if they could, but TAXES so it's GOP all the way down.

(???) = mexicans or blacks depending on which part of the country you're in

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

fits my needs posted:

Like who are these mythical "moderate republican" rear end holes that somehow never vote for Dems who suck them off at the expense of actual good leftist policies? Where do these people even exist? Did they ever exist?

My grandparents. Pro-LGBT and Pro-Choice but Anti-Gun Control and Anti-Tax. They've voted Republican since Nixon (1960), with the exceptions having voted for Bill Clinton (both times), Obama (both times for my Nana, the second time for my Grandfather), and Hillary Clinton/Gary Johnson in the most recent election.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/perlberg/status/836713798409076737

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
alexa, bing bing bong

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the incompetence comes in that he's stoking anti-muslim sentiment abroad while ignoring the good 1/2 of pollable russians that are getting increasingly unhinged about syrian immigrants precisely because he promotes it in other countries, as well as the former-ottoman muslim russian citizens that have long been there

and the bottom is about to fall out for most of these people and historically when that happens in russia, it always involves the death of the heads of state

make russia soviet again

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Oh

Well that was simple

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Compromise ?
lol it's been 26 days and he's asking for compromise

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

state of the union: insanely bad

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

HailedUser posted:

My grandparents. Pro-LGBT and Pro-Choice but Anti-Gun Control and Anti-Tax. They've voted Republican since Nixon (1960), with the exceptions having voted for Bill Clinton (both times), Obama (both times for my Nana, the second time for my Grandfather), and Hillary Clinton/Gary Johnson in the most recent election.

Ask them how they feel about gold.

You may be dealing with secret Libertarians

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Insanely good !!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

shiksa posted:

Geez how fragile can you be if that's all it takes lol

First of all I take offense! He's the DUALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE US WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Holy Merciful poo poo lol

https://twitter.com/dino_grandoni/status/836702569267347458

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

euphronius posted:

Compromise ?
lol it's been 26 days and he's asking for compromise

as the first twitter president trump knows things move faster these days, he's already moving on to the lame duck portion of his presidency

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

HailedUser posted:

lmao who the gently caress didnt vote for obama the first time but then did the second time

like why tho

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lololol thats GOP af

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

compromise: full amnesty and increased immigration, but build the wall anyway for the make work aspect. bing bong

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

:lol:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

The Brown Menace posted:

lmao who the gently caress didnt vote for obama the first time but then did the second time

like why tho

Someone who really hates mormons.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*squints at notecards* and Williams Sonoma

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Leviathan posted:

what time is the 2020 campaign speech at the capitol?

9pm eastern.

quote:

According to the official, Trump will cite an infrastructure bill, space exploration, education and curbing illegal immigration as legislative priorities, and talk about protecting the country from "radical Islamic terrorism" and ISIS.

NEWT

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the incompetence comes in that he's stoking anti-muslim sentiment abroad while ignoring the good 1/2 of pollable russians that are getting increasingly unhinged about syrian immigrants precisely because he promotes it in other countries, as well as the former-ottoman muslim russian citizens that have long been there

and the bottom is about to fall out for most of these people and historically when that happens in russia, it always involves the death of the heads of state

if the shitstorm/revolution doesnt happen in putins life time, it will probaly happen soon after he dies and the goverment is left with a bunch of brainless functionaries who don't know how to run the sarkov machine anymore.

i am curious what he is genuinly trying to accomplish. the left won't trust him now and neither will the liberals.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Zas posted:

compromise: full amnesty and increased immigration, but build the wall anyway for the make work aspect. bing bong

I still don't get why that Gang of 8 bill never passed. It seemed the most reasonable thing that could ever come out of Washington in regards to immigration.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xavier becerra is a kick rear end name

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

*squints at notecards* and Williams Sonoma

Good soup

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

The Brown Menace posted:

state of the union: insanely bad

st8 of disunion m8

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

Xavier becerra is a kick rear end name

hes a good dude and cool

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Lol Rosie O'Donnell giving a protest speech outside the capitol rn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Compromise in this case seems to be "please give us cover for our insanely unpopular ideas "

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious what he is genuinly trying to accomplish. the left won't trust him now and neither will the liberals.

spoiler dude: trump has no idea what he's trying to accomplish or what he's doing or what is going on

he's being pulled and pushed in different directions by wranglers and whatever insane whim he thinks will finally garner the electorate's respect

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the state of the union is strong, unlike the union between me and my wives

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So I wake up and read "Republicans oppose Trump budget" but should I actually read that as "Republicans will pass Trump budget while complaining about it"?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:cripes:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the state of the union is.......

......new york

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah there's no compromise, they just want Dems on board in some capacity so they can blame them when it all fails horribly

• Locked thread