Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

HitTheTargets posted:

Macross Delta good? The series premise sounded like Babby's First Anime to me.
It could be but I hope it'd be like another Macross Plus entry into the SRW games. That is, nice when they're there but nothing extraordinary and you can't build a plot around it. At least it wouldn't be a detriment like Macross Frontier and I'm the world's biggest Macross Frontier fan. Frontier just tends to dominate and that means you need to deal with Frontier's rather boring antagonists and a cast that effectively doesn't do anything and are worse versions of the original Macross cast. Unless the story is already done then you at least get to enjoy the mechs without too much of the cast getting in the way, but they still find a way for Ranka to be more annoying as ever it seems like in Z3.1 or whenever that was.

I'm still a big fan of how Macross in Alpha-3 turned out. Macross 7 can be all right but only because of Basara IMO. I suppose Delta would be more like Frontier though, LE SIGH.

Why did we get Zero in an ACE game but never SRW is what I want to know, I guess it was too low tech compared to the rest of the Macross series?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

bacon flaps posted:

Finally got the upgraded VangRay. Hell yes.

choose power, baby

Same. But then all the attacks are ranged weapons???

Also its animated like a fuckin Gurren Lagann episode, its great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
given how souji and chitose's stats go it'd be a big pain in the rear end/TacP sink if they suddenly switched from an all ranged robot to a melee or even mixed one

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rascyc posted:

Why did we get Zero in an ACE game but never SRW is what I want to know, I guess it was too low tech compared to the rest of the Macross series?
I didn't play it but Zero was in Scramble Commander 2, alongside Do You Remember Love? and RahXephon which they probably could do good crossover stuff with.

Petridish
May 25, 2008
Now that I got Grade 4 Tac bonus, I can start spending Tac points on upgrading pilot skills more, but with so many options I'm somewhat lost. Is there any specific tacs you should focus on, specifically certain skills on supers vs reals?

Also drat I love the gravity wave antenna on Mightgaine. You can return attack with Signal Beam on everything and come back with full energy next turn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Petridish posted:

Now that I got Grade 4 Tac bonus, I can start spending Tac points on upgrading pilot skills more, but with so many options I'm somewhat lost. Is there any specific tacs you should focus on, specifically certain skills on supers vs reals?

Also drat I love the gravity wave antenna on Mightgaine. You can return attack with Signal Beam on everything and come back with full energy next turn.

Some things to focus on:

Ignore Size is a lot more critical than you might thing since so many things in this game are loving Huge and the damage reduction seems more significant than usual.
Attacker is basically a must-get and at 2000 TacP a pop it's a big investment.
Certain characters (Ryouma and Shinji in particular) have special features that require them to have 170 morale so giving them maxed-out Focus Overlimit or whatever it's called is a must.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I figured I'd get maxed out ignore size for all the Ange units as soon as I could. That seems important.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I figured I'd get maxed out ignore size for all the Ange units as soon as I could. That seems important.

It's not too bad for them since their better attacks tend to come with barrier penetration and ignore size by default. (Unless you're talking about the lovely grunt suits I guess?)

I was never really sure how much attacker is worth vs raising the stat; since attacker is so expensive (2k PP) you can pay for 100 CQB/RNG stat upgrade.

I like the power upgrade of the VanqRay but the lack of vita power seriously shows there, as it could use a lot more frames; it's really choppy and bugs me.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I bumrushed the Tech 2 Tac boost, then I split my effort between the Skill Tree, Factory, and the Tech 3 Crit boost. Factory parts are all extremely good to the point where my main bottleneck is part slots.

ImpAtom posted:

Certain characters (Ryouma and Shinji in particular) have special features that require them to have 170 morale so giving them maxed-out Focus Overlimit or whatever it's called is a must.

Wait, what?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

I bumrushed the Tech 2 Tac boost, then I split my effort between the Skill Tree, Factory, and the Tech 3 Crit boost. Factory parts are all extremely good to the point where my main bottleneck is part slots.

Wait, what?

Ryouma's ace bonus boosts damage at 170 focus (which is the max you can get with the enhancers), which, given that it's Shin Getter, works out to a pretty big boost, while Shinji eventually unlocks Awakened 01 that activates at 170 focus.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Ryouma's ace bonus boosts damage at 170 focus (which is the max you can get with the enhancers), which, given that it's Shin Getter, works out to a pretty big boost, while Shinji eventually unlocks Awakened 01 that activates at 170 focus.

Is Awakened 01 an ace bonus or an upgrade?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RoyalScion posted:

I was never really sure how much attacker is worth vs raising the stat; since attacker is so expensive (2k PP) you can pay for 100 CQB/RNG stat upgrade.

The way damage is calculated in SRW it's 2 points In an offensive stat to up damage by 1%.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Also, Attacker affects both stats at once, so you'd have to double that.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Dr Pepper posted:

The way damage is calculated in SRW it's 2 points In an offensive stat to up damage by 1%.

Just out of curiosity, how many SRWs does this apply to? Was the damage calculation different in older games?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty much every modern SRW uses that formula. Don't know when exactly it came into being, maybe Alpha or Alpha gaiden?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

Is Awakened 01 an ace bonus or an upgrade?

Awakened 01 is a morale (and sync ratio)-locked transformation that requires 170 morale to activate, it's an upgrade he gets.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KoB posted:

SRW V is really good but theres not a single OG song I care for here.

"Raise the anchor" or w/e is really good, imo. Brought back memories of Soul of Alpha.

Definitely missing a good impactful character theme, though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Dr Pepper posted:

For some reason I've been thinking it was every 4 points, so 20 got you 5% more damage. No idea why.

So +40 points gets you 20% more damage. Which is 800 points for one stat, compared to Attacker which is 2000 points for both but not active until 130 Will. That makes Attacker pretty trash until you are at maxed stats I guess?

Putting Vivian in the Simulator to get her aced to get free items to sell for more TacP, hell yeah gimme the Ikue cakes.

Petridish posted:

Potential is good to max out on supers, not many people come with the full 9 levels, but it can make you pretty unkillable. EN Save on thirsty Supers, Reals generally want B Save but get whatever is appropriate.. Break Focus Limit or whatever its called is good on everyone that ever does anything because having more Focus than the other guy is super important.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Now that we actually have recruitable Yazan, the sky really is the limit in how even the most reprehensible and awful people can end up being recruits in the future.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
"So many people have died!"
"Ha ha yep and I'm about to make you one of them!"

Such a lovable scamp, that Yazan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Macross Delta has a great first half but then it starts to get more serious but that also involves dropping a lot of plot threads it had built up, and the end is pretty impactless. Great music and some good characters, though, and a lot of that could be fixed in a SRW game.

Pureauthor posted:

Now that we actually have recruitable Yazan, the sky really is the limit in how even the most reprehensible and awful people can end up being recruits in the future.
I mean, you get Katejina in Super Robot Wars D, and that lady's pretty messed up too.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 1, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

That is because SRWV decided the new low point of absolute scum is Embyro.

Embyro being just the low point of the universe is pretty great TBH.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

Macross Delta has a great first half but then it starts to get more serious but that also involves dropping a lot of plot threads it had built up, and the end is pretty impactless. Great music and some good characters, though, and a lot of that could be fixed in a SRW game.

Is this a Kawamori thing because it sounds exactly like Aquarion EVOL.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is Excessive Force the best Grade-4 TAC bonus to pick? The 10 extra Will when sortied seems like it would be more useful than everything else.

Pureauthor posted:

I'm waiting for the game that lets us recruit all of the different Angels.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Caphi posted:

in delta's case it feels more like "this show was supposed to be half the length it was"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

And Basquash.

AKB00048 was good, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I look forward to the day when we get to recruit scum like Leonard Testharossa or Hokushin.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Is Excessive Force the best Grade-4 TAC bonus to pick? The 10 extra Will when sortied seems like it would be more useful than everything else.
I'm waiting for the game that lets us recruit all of the different Angels.

I liked it quite a bit since it helps jumpstarting big moves faster, which is nice since most SR points are time-based.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Endorph posted:

And Basquash.

AKB00048 was good, though.

It's a real drat shame what happened to Basquash

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Cima! :argh:

Edit: she was completely in the right, and yet loving Gato is recruitable more often than her!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Still holding out for a fantasy world focused srw game so we can get stuff like rayearth and war on geminar.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Oh my God, I just got the point where they finally explained the histories of the dimensions and Okita is just literally "The same wars happened in our world. But some of it is pretty freaking different."

Yeah, the thought of a certain group of individuals running off to cause Second Impact at the end of the One Year War is somewhat humorous to me.

Man, the crossover/fanfic levels haven't been this high since W and I love every second of it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ryoga posted:

Still holding out for a fantasy world focused srw game so we can get stuff like rayearth and war on geminar.

This is pretty Neo. The main robot is magic and I think comes from the quasi-La Geas based on Ryuknight and Lamune. And honestly the main "modern" world is still mostly Eldran.

Also play Neo because it's good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MechaX posted:

Oh my God, I just got the point where they finally explained the histories of the dimensions and Okita is just literally "The same wars happened in our world. But some of it is pretty freaking different."

Yeah, the thought of a certain group of individuals running off to cause Second Impact at the end of the One Year War is somewhat humorous to me.

Man, the crossover/fanfic levels haven't been this high since W and I love every second of it.

I love how the AD world is written like a game in a series that had multiple entries before with most of the cast being chill with each other and 'wait there was a prison colony fighting dimension- hopping Dragons the whole time'? and the UC world is written like one just starting out and everyone is going' AHHHHHHH EVERYTHING IS hosed' It makes a nice contrast.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pureauthor posted:

I love how the AD world is written like a game in a series that had multiple entries before with most of the cast being chill with each other and 'wait there was a prison colony fighting dimension- hopping Dragons the whole time'? and the UC world is written like one just starting out and everyone is going' AHHHHHHH EVERYTHING IS hosed' It makes a nice contrast.

Even better since it turns out some of them were actually aware of the prison colony the whole loving time and didn't do a thing about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MechaX posted:

Most of the translation seems solid but you occasionally get weird lines like that. I just had a line where Gendo said "With the schedule this out of whack, all we can do at this point is cross our fingers."

They also misgender Mori several times, come to think of it.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 1, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ladies can be dudes. :colbert:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Ladies can be dudes. :colbert:
Yeah I just realized how what I wrote came off. I've edited for clarity.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Caphi posted:

This is pretty Neo. The main robot is magic and I think comes from the quasi-La Geas based on Ryuknight and Lamune. And honestly the main "modern" world is still mostly Eldran.

Also play Neo because it's good.

I must shamefully admit that I have neo but have only played the first few stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

In stage 22, is the SR point mistranslated? I killed everyone plus the ship before turn 6 ended.

• Locked thread