Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Scratch-O posted:

Thank you for editing out the part where you called a guy you don't know personally a oval office. That made you look like a really gross person.

No problem, thanks for retroactively calling attention to it.

e: poo poo, page snype. Something actually related to the channel:

https://twitter.com/Version2LP/status/836692971026169856

^ Concept art for FemBaz from Yacht Club because they're doing a whole suit of Gender Flip options for Shovel Night which I think is kicking rad. Read more here (Warning: Polygon article)

DPM fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

DumbparameciuM posted:

No problem, thanks for retroactively calling attention to it.

Of course. If there's one thing the Internet needs more of, it's people being called out for the dumb poo poo they've said, even if they try to run it back. You see that guy on the last page who thought the Lola Bunny gag wasn't a joke? What a rube.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I like the Super Best Friends, lol.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's a comment on the last page of the latest Parasite Eve II vid that makes me really want them to play Onimusha.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I like the Super Best Friends, lol.

they are OK

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not to poo poo on superbunnyhop, but it's easy and I didn't realize that "george socks" were an actual thing he was selling. So I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLPS_nwHG8

Tony Hawk Underground playthrough. I didn't see this coming, but I'm down.

Great choice of intro music. :dance:

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dexie posted:

Best Friends and Good Tony Hawk together at last.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I appreciate the running theme of Billy leaving in the "Billy cut this".

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
As someone who spent a good chunk of time growing up in the 2000's lemme tell you, my bro was super into trying to learn how to skateboard in his high school years. It was nuts

Lil' Woolz falling on his rear end trying to do a trick will never not be hilarious, though

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Dexie posted:

HOLY poo poo I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE DOING THUG :aaaaa:

I loving LOVE THIS GAME I PLAYED IT SO MUCH

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well it should be short at least.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the ballad of lil wools

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
God if the rest of the episodes are as good as that one this might be one of their best ever, that was fantastic.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pigbuster posted:

God if the rest of the episodes are as good as that one this might be one of their best ever, that was fantastic.

"I cracked my skull in front of Chad Muska. I can do it all."

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

My mom couldn't watch me play Tony Hawk games for the exact same reason! Precious memories.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This game has SO much nostalgia for me. I got it for Xmas '03 and I'm pretty sure I didn't even play another game until like...maybe winter '04? It got to the point where I could finish the entire story mode in like, an hour.

Still a great game, though.

"I don't know how to drive! I'm in high school! What do you gain by challenging me!" This LP is gonna be a good 'un.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 1, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I popped when Millionaire came on, tbf.

This is gonna be a fun quick LP. My THPS games were the first two ones, it took me too long to get a PS2 to get into the THUG series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

The Lola bunny thing? That's stupid but hardly that cringey.

Dias posted:

Hey, if you were a young kid watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam, some weird things happened to you, okay?

(also dude immediately no-sells it as a furry joke, c'mon)

It's pretty cringey to be talking about not-Zone tan crushes in a video.

(I don't know what video we're talking about.)

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
The 'cut all this, billy' being left in is great because it's A) funny and B) less work for billy. It's a flat out win-win.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I'm excited for this bright new future of things not being cut. Mr Snip Snip is dead, long live Billy.

I hope this new LP inspires some one-shots of more goofy early 2000s games, it'd be cool to watch Woolie's low-poly avatar grapple with ill-conceived licensed platformers and weird PS1 jank. Perhaps now I, too, can feel genuine nostalgia in my lazy millennial brain, where once I chuckled nervously while googling which obscure 80's pull Matt was losing his poo poo over.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

It's pretty cringey to be talking about not-Zone tan crushes in a video.

(I don't know what video we're talking about.)

Youuuuu...don't really wanna go with that line either.

(It's an Arcadea video, it's a pretty inoffensive line all in all)

Billy leaving everything in is a great running joke because we're all here to see balls exposed on stream.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I spoiled myself on the plot synopsis for THUG and now can't wait. :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I spoiled myself on the plot synopsis for THUG and now can't wait. :allears:

THUG's great. Watch THUG.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
MUSKA CAN'T SEE YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Woolie and Pat being massive babies about that dumb invader in today's episode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Genocyber posted:

Has WoolieWatcher even done anything to them besides give a bunch of humanities and defend himself when Woolie attacked him?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Has WoolieWatcher even done anything to them besides give a bunch of humanities and defend himself when Woolie attacked him?

Nope, which makes their cowardice all the more hilarious.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Genocyber posted:

To be fair if you entire gimmick is to be the overpowered third wheel to the LP (and not be Matt) then you can gently caress off with the stalking. It was funny the first time, leave it at that

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Radio Paranoia posted:

To be fair if you entire gimmick is to be the overpowered third wheel to the LP (and not be Matt) then you can gently caress off with the stalking. It was funny the first time, leave it at that

But he's literally doing nothing, and it's still more funny than watching Snail Souls.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

they could have, and should have, taken an AXE to this episode

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He should have called himself "The Lord Vessel" if he just wanted to see the episodes early.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

He was being as harmless as an invader possibly could be. Not bothering to go human again is fine, but purposefully killing themselves is a comically baby-ish overreaction.

e: Still haven't finished this episode, but I have a loving seizure everytime they walk past the breakable door that conceals Velka's Rapier. C'mon Pat, this is the poo poo you're here for.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

tbf I believe the idea is just to get him to stop so other people can show up

e: episode wasted on a staircase, no priscilla til next time, gently caress off

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

He started hucking loyds at a point, and pulled the spinning tower lever on them, which I could imagine might be frustrating if you're trying to explore that area.

The issue is more that the guy keeps invading and is basically making himself a part of the LP. He got his moment to shine, let other invasions happen.

e: I'm not opposed to invaders loving with them, but like, gently caress with them and get on with it.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

tbf I believe the idea is just to get him to stop so other people can show up

Except they didn't go human again so

quote:

e: episode wasted on a staircase, no priscilla til next time, gently caress off

The episode itself is even a bit shorter than the usual length. C'mon, you can't tell me meeting w/Priscilla and leaving the Painted World is going to take more than 7-ish minutes (it's totally going to, isn't it?).

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Oxyclean posted:

The issue is more that the guy keeps invading and is basically making himself a part of the LP. He got his moment to shine, let other invasions happen.

e: I'm not opposed to invaders loving with them, but like, gently caress with them and get on with it.

That's my problem too. He's not messing with them so much he is jumping into the LP going "Hay guys, it's me!"
If there was at least a solid gimmick or hook to it that Pat and Woolie could logically counter, that would be fine. But the dude is deliberately being a nuisance in the most boring way possible.

Souls gives so much room for fuckery (dress up the same; lines of prism stones etc.) that the profound lack of creativity is just disappointing and boring to deal with.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Repeating invasions would be a bit more funny too if it created nemesis kind of thing, (oh god not them again vs. oh, them again) and wasn't made kind of trivial/unimpressive by DSCM.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would probably throw myself off a cliff after the third round of the same guy who does nothing, too.

it was funnier when woolie got really mad at him in anor londo, because it looked like he was actually going to be...a malicious invader, and tried to use black crystal on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

That's my problem too. He's not messing with them so much he is jumping into the LP going "Hay guys, it's me!"
If there was at least a solid gimmick or hook to it that Pat and Woolie could logically counter, that would be fine. But the dude is deliberately being a nuisance in the most boring way possible.

Souls gives so much room for fuckery (dress up the same; lines of prism stones etc.) that the profound lack of creativity is just disappointing and boring to deal with.

This is my problem too; Woolie Watcher was a great bit the first time, but it's gotten tedious fast. There's nothing new there, no interesting twist or evolving gimmick, so when he shows up the reaction is exhaustion rather than excitement.