Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Medullah posted:

It definitely went downhill around Season 3 but still was a must watch because Rudy was amazing.

Yeah, Rudy's in the worst seasons but he's far and away the best character, and Joe Gilgun went on to be the best thing about Preacher afterwards too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Agents of SHIELD had a loving spectacular episode last night, and I really wasn't anticipating it being that good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Matt Nix's X-Men series on Fox has just cast Jamie Chung as Blink.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

Nice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Watching Legends of Tomorrow and I think my favorite part is that no matter what year they go to, be it the 1950s, 1920s, or 500, the girls always have flawless makeup. A true miracle.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Medullah posted:

Watching Legends of Tomorrow and I think my favorite part is that no matter what year they go to, be it the 1950s, 1920s, or 500, the girls always have flawless makeup. A true miracle.

That's more just a TV thing. Like how women go to bed and wake up with make up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

That's more just a TV thing. Like how women go to bed and wake up with make up.

I'm a single dude so I just assume that is the way life works.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Flash was really trying to ape (pun intended) Spartacus last night and it was pretty fun seeing it. Despite it's budget constraints I think they did well by Grodd all the same.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Dang. That was an insanely good episode of Agents of Shield.

Also, I can't believe that they straight up showed multiple people get their wrists/throats slit and bleed out on network TV.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Also, I can't believe that they straight up showed multiple people get their wrists/throats slit and bleed out on network TV.

Yeah, it was pretty graphic for network. You can probably thank being in the 10pm slot for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Neat! She was fun on Gotham.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is it me or could Legion just be about Peter Stanchek with very few changes?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

Yeah, it was pretty graphic for network. You can probably thank being in the 10pm slot for that.

Network TV has gotten pretty violent over the years. Gotham also gets really gory at times (graphic shotgun wounds, people blowing up, chopped up body parts and proto-Joker running around without a face/with his face hastily put back on) and it is on earlier.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

But God forbid if you show a naked breast! Or penis!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Or say "poo poo" or "gently caress". Wasn't it a huge deal when SNL let a "poo poo" go uncensored a few years back?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While network swearing is still mostly verboten, cable has been getting much looser. FX/FXX has started to let shows use "gently caress" more often.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

muscles like this! posted:

While network swearing is still mostly verboten, cable has been getting much looser. FX/FXX has started to let shows use "gently caress" more often.

This last season of It's Always Sunny has been hadcore

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TBS and Comedy Central seem to be randomly letting "poo poo" through on daytime reruns as well, which was something you only occasionally heard on 10pm or later shows. Granted, censored reruns are still censored, but newer shows that had uncensored "poo poo"s are being allowed to fly even at noon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

My favorite version of this is when they had to add more blood to a corpse on Hannibal to cover up a butt crack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whomever is in charge of bleeping the FUCKS on the Magicians is not very good at their job.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Whomever is in charge of bleeping the FUCKS on the Magicians is not very good at their job.

From what I've heard most of the people involved in that show aren't very good at their job.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

TBS and Comedy Central seem to be randomly letting "poo poo" through on daytime reruns as well, which was something you only occasionally heard on 10pm or later shows. Granted, censored reruns are still censored, but newer shows that had uncensored "poo poo"s are being allowed to fly even at noon.

South Park is uncensored except for "gently caress" with all their episodes now, whenever they show them on Comedy Central.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I read this wrong and thought you were censoring yourself and wondered what bleeping actually was and who these fucks you speak of are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I read this wrong and thought you were censoring yourself and wondered what bleeping actually was and who these fucks you speak of are.

Ha! All those bleeping fucks!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

South Park is uncensored except for "gently caress" with all their episodes now, whenever they show them on Comedy Central.

Oh. I can't remember what I was watching (I thought it was older SP, but maybe it was something else) but a few months ago I remember being amused that the particular episode on was censoring "poo poo" while other episodes before/after weren't.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Anson Mount has been cast as Black Bolt

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dacap posted:

Anson Mount has been cast as Black Bolt

From the few photos of him without a beard, he looks like he's got the right jawbone.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ah yes, another esteemed alumni of the classicaly beloved movie Crossroads

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Anson Mount was fantastic on Hell on Wheels. It's a shame he won't be talking on this probably.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

X-O posted:

Anson Mount was fantastic on Hell on Wheels. It's a shame he won't be talking on this probably.

$10 says internal monologue.

And of course he will. At the climax. To kill the villain.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bunnyofdoom posted:

$10 says internal monologue.

And of course he will. At the climax. To kill the villain.

Have the comics ever done internal monologue for Black Bolt? Just curious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Not in the ones I've read but I'm relatively new to comics. Usually (in what I've read) Medusa is right there to externalize BB's thoughts/feelings/whatever though so maybe they'll take that approach.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Or maybe they'll make up a sign language and use subtitles. They've done some signing in the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He communicates telepathically with Medusa in some way, right? They might just make that audible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Aphrodite posted:

He communicates telepathically with Medusa in some way, right? They might just make that audible.

Nope their bond is supposed to be so close that she vocalizes all of his opinions without communicating in anyway.

Medusa is essentially the ruler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

They have been shown to have a shared mental space where they can speak. Maximus also found that dimension where he could talk normally.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From the articles it looks like he's going to be completely silent.

quote:

“Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently,” said Loeb, Head of Marvel Television. “His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing, almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt.”

Added Buck, “Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life.”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sean Teale (who was the lead on the recently canceled Syfy show Incorporated) has been cast as a lead in the Matt Nix X-Men TV series. He's playing a new character named Marco Diaz aka Eclipse and has the power to "absorb and manipulate photons."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Edit: wrong thread.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Have the comics ever done internal monologue for Black Bolt? Just curious.

No, as far as I know the only time we've directly heard his thoughts (and not Medusa or Professor X speaking for him) was one issue of Hickman's New Avengers where he had a special dimension where all sound was on the same frequency so he could talk. He uses this opportunity to lie to the rest of the Illuminati if I remember correctly.