Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

Eh.

Genji is alright for helping a push shut Bastion down. But if it's just a Genji working to take out a Bastion alone, the Bastion wipes him out. Which should be expected if you're running in alone, anyways.

Tracers are kind of annoying if you lose tracking on them but they get torn to shreds.

Widowmaker is a pretty non-threat and they usually run if you start firing at them.

I don't know what else is considered a Bastion counter. D.Va maybe? But D.Va has to run up right into the Bastion and hold defense matrix and hope her team helps. Which they most likely won't if the Bastion is with his own team.

Maybe this makes running a Hanzo more viable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Unoriginal Name posted:

Ana is pretty good

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Custom games don't count for the weekly lootbox wins :(

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The dumb decay rules are really killing me. I already decayed twice last season out of masters down to 3000 because I dated to not be obsessed with this game. Like its a game Blizzard, not a job. Your dumb rankings aren't that serious and literally do or mean nothing in the grand scheme. They really want all their games to be an unfun daily grind. If the game was actually that good or interesting people wouldn't stop playing as often as they do apparently.

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

RBX posted:

rankings aren't that serious and literally do or mean nothing in the grand scheme.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Honestly with new bastion I use sentry way less. The self heal and his buffed recon gun are pretty good but I'm pretty low level play so it might be different in games where people who are good at games are.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

RBX posted:

The dumb decay rules are really killing me. I already decayed twice last season out of masters down to 3000 because I dated to not be obsessed with this game. Like its a game Blizzard, not a job. Your dumb rankings aren't that serious and literally do or mean nothing in the grand scheme. They really want all their games to be an unfun daily grind. If the game was actually that good or interesting people wouldn't stop playing as often as they do apparently.

they really put the screws on ya to get in one whole game a week eh?

e: oh i just read where they made it 7 nvm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it should only matter much for people competing for top 500 spots

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

New Bastion is still overall bad but at least now is actually situationally useful. A successful rework.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wonder why they haven't bothered to do anything about ana's healing blocked stat that doesn't record anything

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wonder why they haven't bothered to do anything about ana's healing blocked stat that doesn't record anything

Probably a bug they don't know about or not in a hurry to fix, like the DVA spray bug that been in the game since day one.

nern
Oct 29, 2005

RIDE RIDIN LIKE THE DEMON INSIDE YOUR DREAMS
That's it. I'm just playing Tracer and Winston from here on out.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Biggest thing missing from the custom servers. The player count is limited to exactly two teams of 1-6 players.

Cause like the first thing I thought to do with it would be a classic ffa deathmatch and that just aint a possible thing I can do.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just had a losing comp game on Oasis go from 0-2 to 3-2, where we won each map after clawing back from overtime at 99%. I'm sweating.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I just had a player call me bad because I camped all game, apparently. I was Zenyatta. With gold for objective time on payload attack. They were a Tracer that kept trying to solo flank and dying to me before they recalled.

It got me wondering. I don't think you even CAN camp in this game. Well, save for stupid gimmick setups that don't work.

Anyways, they bumped the mandatory weekly games until your rank decays from once a week to seven times a week if you're above 3000 or 3500, I forget. I'm guessing it was decided with the assumption that people above 3000 don't have personal lives. Which may not be far off the mark, but I'm definitely holding off my placements to the very end of the season so I don't have to deal with that. Although from what I hear, that's also when a lot of blatant aimbots come out to play so I don't know.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Theta Zero posted:

I just had a player call me bad because I camped all game, apparently. I was Zenyatta. With gold for objective time on payload attack. They were a Tracer that kept trying to solo flank and dying to me before they recalled.

It got me wondering. I don't think you even CAN camp in this game. Well, save for stupid gimmick setups that don't work.

Anyways, they bumped the mandatory weekly games until your rank decays from once a week to seven times a week if you're above 3000 or 3500, I forget. I'm guessing it was decided with the assumption that people above 3000 don't have personal lives. Which may not be far off the mark, but I'm definitely holding off my placements to the very end of the season so I don't have to deal with that. Although from what I hear, that's also when a lot of blatant aimbots come out to play so I don't know.

I don't think the decay is that unreasonable for someone with a single account to have to play, essentially, one game of Overwatch a day win or lose on average. I feel like someone committed enough to playing comp is probably going to hit that no problem in the course of a single weekend. It's the people with multiple smurf accounts that are going to be hit hardest by the change.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I may just be exaggerating since I just want to get to a rank where I look at it and go "I guess I'm done" and leave it there. In other words, lazy.

Thinking about it, a lot of the dumb stuff you get like the gaudy gold guns and sparkly emblem on your profile is based off of your peak score, so I could just get it to a point, stop caring, and let it decay.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Shooting a static Reinhardt shield all day to shoot the sentry behind him which is being healed through a damage resistance bonus sure is dynamic and interesting gameplay. Thanks, Blizzard.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

Is soldier still able to burst him down or is that a no go with ironclad?

https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedUniformAtlanticspadefish

Apparently the soldier is using his ult there :gary:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bolivar posted:

https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedUniformAtlanticspadefish

Apparently the soldier is using his ult there :gary:

I thought Soldier 76's ult didn't change damage, so I don't think that makes a difference.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tac visor doesn't boost soldier's damage

technically it lowers your cap since it can't headshot

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Donnerberg posted:

Shooting a static Reinhardt shield all day to shoot the sentry behind him which is being healed through a damage resistance bonus sure is dynamic and interesting gameplay. Thanks, Blizzard.

I mean it feels weird to tell someone with Sombra in their avatar this but an EMP basically shits on that strategy.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Kai Tave posted:

I mean it feels weird to tell someone with Sombra in their avatar this but an EMP basically shits on that strategy.

That I can get around it doesn't mean it's a great experience for everyone else.

I'm surprised they went ahead with the Bastion buff considering they've said before that they want to be very careful with Bastion and Torb.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CTF being brought on full time might make the widows go away from QP after a while.

Speaking as a Widow main, I'm much more likely to play her in CTF, because 1)My team won't kneejerk get mad at me for playing Widow, no matter what the comp, and 2)I seem to be able to regularly hit 15-20% more of my shots on the mode, for some reason.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Manatee Cannon posted:

tac visor doesn't boost soldier's damage

technically it lowers your cap since it can't headshot

I mean, it means the guy is missing literally 0 shots due to spread which is certainly possible at that range and i'm fairly sure bastions "head" is on his back when he's in sentry so you can't headshot him anyway.

Healing through a soldier clip is a bit silly

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

*Wastes ult, reloads without taking cover* Bastion is so broken!!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That should never have gotten to the reload stage, to be fair.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Yeah 76 failing to kill a stationary Bastion with his ult really isn't an indication of Bastion being OP, it's an indication that the 76 is garbo at the character.

why would you aimbot against the guy who is forced to stand still, just shoot him you idiot

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I've been getting a lot of fps drops and stuttering since the patch, what gives?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

dogstile posted:

That should never have gotten to the reload stage, to be fair.
Why not? The Bastion stalled the fight out with self-healing but didn't actually do any damage in return until the s76 decided to just stand there and die.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

junan_paalla posted:

I've been getting a lot of fps drops and stuttering since the patch, what gives?

I set my custom fps slightly higher and it seems to have fixed it. The display based setting seems bugged.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Undocumented change to Bastion, swapping modes no longer reloads either form (unless this was documented but I missed it)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

AceClown posted:

Undocumented change to Bastion, swapping modes no longer reloads either form (unless this was documented but I missed it)

You need to be in one form for 2s before the other form reloads. It does not immediately reload like the prepatch bastion did

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Just make it so he can't heal while getting damaged and he'll be fine. The fact that I can unload an entire clip into him and he can heal it all back while I reload is ridiculous.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

needknees posted:

You need to be in one form for 2s before the other form reloads. It does not immediately reload like the prepatch bastion did

I think that what happened before was that the transform time was long enough that it counted as being in the other form for long enough for it to auto-reload.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I found out today that sleep dart does 5 damage, because I killed a Genji with one. That should be an achievement.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i killed a roadhog with one :smug:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Slime posted:

I think that what happened before was that the transform time was long enough that it counted as being in the other form for long enough for it to auto-reload.

Prior transition time was 1.5s iirc and his reload time of 2s remained unchanged with the patch, so even with the slower transition it shouldn't have affected it. The only thing it was good for was having a full drum in sentry when you changed position. Kinda moot with the extra 100rds now.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

I am enjoying the Mercy Rez buff, i've been forgetting and targeting her to try and kill when I see her pop it still though hah. Now that she had a buff though, I'd like to see Zenyatta get a little quality of life to his harmony Orb.

Too many times have I tried to hit my shift button on an Ally and it not apply, and I have to try again instead of focusing on the enemy targets. I appreciate their options for targeting sensitivity, but I think that since Mercy can click and hold her heal gun until she is in range of someone, and Lucio just needs to exist into your Line of Sight to get his heals, why not at least make Zen's Harmony orb be able to apply if you hold down shift until a valid target appears?

I could understand not doing this for Discord because that can bring up a mess of cheap shots by just holding E until an enemy pops the corner so Discord can apply in an instant and your sniper can gib them in a single shot, but for Harmony I'd think it to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Save Target As posted:

I am enjoying the Mercy Rez buff, i've been forgetting and targeting her to try and kill when I see her pop it still though hah. Now that she had a buff though, I'd like to see Zenyatta get a little quality of life to his harmony Orb.

Too many times have I tried to hit my shift button on an Ally and it not apply, and I have to try again instead of focusing on the enemy targets. I appreciate their options for targeting sensitivity, but I think that since Mercy can click and hold her heal gun until she is in range of someone, and Lucio just needs to exist into your Line of Sight to get his heals, why not at least make Zen's Harmony orb be able to apply if you hold down shift until a valid target appears?

I could understand not doing this for Discord because that can bring up a mess of cheap shots by just holding E until an enemy pops the corner so Discord can apply in an instant and your sniper can gib them in a single shot, but for Harmony I'd think it to be fair.

Zen's abilities are bound to different keys anyway, so I see no reason that he can't have two targeting reticules if an enemy and an ally are super close to one another.