Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yinlock posted:

agrajag joins deadgoon in the illustrious "brain completely shattered by some minor dumb thing the dnc did" tier

did you not see that old white kentucky democrat response speech?

that is what their strat will be going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
How did the democrats, the party which lost over 900 seats in the last election, ever decide that having a retire white guy give the response was a good rebuttal? Trump is the president we deserve.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dom is Here posted:

which Castro Bro has the rictus grin murderface

Joaquin

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why not use a platform, any platform, to outline why VOICE is a fascist trash program that is racially motivated and based entirely on lies, deceit, and toxic hate?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

There are so many angles you could take with this and I feel like in a time where the entire nation's at a crisis point, this was a waste. Our president's literally a Russian spy and they're treating it like a milquetoast Romney type.
literally anyone doing the speech will look small and petty in comparison. this is because it is, in fact, small and petty in comparison. it is a garbage slot that cannot possibly be substantive. you talk about "not having learned anything" but how has anyone not learned that "democrats should just talk and educate people more" does not solve poo poo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

they are twins... I think they both have that weird grin

the grins twins!!!!!!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Grem posted:

Van Jones said almost the exact same thing on CNN just now...

The goldfish memory is wild.

Everytime they got ready to say Trump had mellowed or gotten serious during the campaign he went off the rails within 48 hours.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/836760749959753730
https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/836767138509688832
https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/836774772461699074

when Trump is up against the wall I want Dingell to get first dibs at punching him in his stupid chickenhawk face

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Montasque posted:

Who are the rising 'young' stars in the Dem party?

I'm serious, I can't really think of one not named Ellison.

E: Does ED BALLS count as a rising star?

lev bronstein and joe jughashvili are p popular these days

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Origami Dali posted:

Milquetoast orchestrated horseshit, do the dems not have any real emotions?

Alex Jones was right when he said the government is full of lizard aliens.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"why doesn't a person on my side ideologically just get on tv and give a convincing argument that will win the support of those who disagree?" - a goldfish

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agrajag posted:

did you not see that old white kentucky democrat response speech?

*mind shatters under sheer weight of old yokel*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm the vigorous debate over the age / race of the dude who gave a speech after another speech

typical IDENTITY POLITICS

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

castro, kander, ellison, duckworth, maybe gillibrand

calling it now: franken + duckworth 2020

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

castro, kander, ellison, duckworth, maybe gillibrand

Kamala Harris

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Cuomo is going to be the nominee in 2020 Montasque.

And I'm gonna be real mad.

You wish buddy, it's gonna be her turn all over again

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

wapo needs an elite team of reporters tasked w nothing but destroying cuomo by march of 2019

nyt could also work

theres enough dirt there you'd figure it would be easy

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
I thought it a bit morbid to use the corpse of Ryan Owens, that SEAL Trump killed in a botched raid, as the podium for the speech, but it made for powerful TV. The evening started with me horrified at Trump leaning on a rotting corpse tied to a piece of wood and ended with my grudging respect after his Reagan-esque speech points. Two big thumbs up!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

lil marco had a hilarious response n he literally jus won reelection to the senate not that long ago so idk wtf some u talkin about

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cams posted:

literally anyone doing the speech will look small and petty in comparison. this is because it is, in fact, small and petty in comparison. it is a garbage slot that cannot possibly be substantive. you talk about "not having learned anything" but how has anyone not learned that "democrats should just talk and educate people more" does not solve poo poo.
It doesn't solve poo poo though-I don't follow. The old rules don't apply.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lycus posted:

I assume everyone who laughed at "I think he just broke the record" was being polite because that's a dumb, lame joke.

the best thing trump did in this speech is show congress how irresponsible they are by giving the president expanded power to wage war

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

but it fails at a critical point: its reliance on the conservative's capacity for self-reflection.

It builds on conservative self interest though.

"Like you, I am old, White, and speak with a drawl. I live in a rural shithole like you. Notice the bar behind me and my lack of tie. I am neither a homosexual nor a colored. I, a Democrat, gave medical coverage to old, White, rural folk like you. Not to the coloreds, but to good, White, people."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Agrajag posted:

no it doesnt because we are watching a GOP wave in 2018 and 2020 +

the democratic party is dead

*Agrajag adds another arm to his statue of Chuck Schumer, and swears revenge once again*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

tacodaemon posted:

swalwell, gallego, gabbard, buttigieg, hakeem jeffries, andrew gillum are considered young and up-and-coming by federal politician standards

I've heard of two of those people, and one of them is a meme and the other wants to help Trump destroy Islam.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

lil marco had a hilarious response n he literally jus won reelection to the senate not that long ago so idk wtf some u talkin about

MAN I'M SO THIRSTY I'M JUST GONNA DRINNK THIS HERE GLASS OF WATER IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF VIEWERS

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

goon: why dems not fighting trump?

me, smartly and handsomely:

:siren: if given a choice between a soft left and a hard right, liberals will always embrace fascism :siren:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

MAN I'M SO THIRSTY I'M JUST GONNA DRINNK THIS HERE GLASS OF WATER IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF VIEWERS

OH poo poo I CAN'T FIND IT, I SHOULD PROBABLY LOOK SOMEWHAT GOBSMACKED AND STOP TALKING WHILE I PAT AROUND FOR THE WATER

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

logikv9 posted:

how was the speech duders

he went full fascism, dems clapped

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

reminder it's day like 36? lol

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Squizzle posted:

wapo needs an elite team of reporters tasked w nothing but destroying cuomo by march of 2019

nyt could also work

Wapo loves corporate Democrats though, so does the nyt.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

me on election night

me today

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yknow personally if i just had to sit in a room while an orange man-ape in a suit rhetorically dragged his nuts across my face for 80 minutes, id be a little pissed off, but i guess democrat politicians get off on being abused

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Solarin posted:

reminder it's day like 36? lol

:negative:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MadJackal posted:

It builds on conservative self interest though.

"Like you, I am old, White, and speak with a drawl. I live in a rural shithole like you. Notice the bar behind me and my lack of tie. I am neither a homosexual nor a colored. I, a Democrat, gave medical coverage to old, White, rural folk like you. Not to the coloreds, but to good, White, people."

ill be mad if it actually works, and it just might because trump voters are dumb as poo poo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Kamala Harris

that's the one

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cams posted:

"why doesn't a person on my side ideologically just get on tv and give a convincing argument that will win the support of those who disagree?" - a goldfish

But I was saying don't do that. Don't give an argument in that style. Mock him. Call him out as a Russian. Do anything to jolt people into paying attention. Use Birther tactics.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Iil Marco's thirsty moment was funny but not a career ender.

Hell he almost became the Republican nominee if not for his robot meltdown at the NH debate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nichael posted:

But I was saying don't do that. Don't give an argument in that style. Mock him. Call him out as a Russian. Do anything to jolt people into paying attention. Use Birther tactics.

but decorum

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump knows how to make the big moments work for him, and get his base all riled up and poo poo. He's an enemy that constantly surprises his opponents, and I think people were underestimating him once again. He's a fearsome opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Montasque posted:

Iil Marco's thirsty moment was funny but not a career ender.

Hell he almost became the Republican nominee if not for his robot meltdown at the NH debate.

yea its weird to see ppl think the response guy gotta be someone w/ no future or some poo poo

• Locked thread