Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my friend pirated it and I succumbed to temptation to see how the Wii U version is. I don't want to disrepect Nintendo but I didn't want to buy a busted game... I'm satisfied and will wait for release day like the noble gamer I am.

Someone who pirates video games is not your friend, Larry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my friend pirated it and I succumbed to temptation to see how the Wii U version is. I don't want to disrepect Nintendo but I didn't want to buy a busted game... I'm satisfied and will wait for release day like the noble gamer I am.

"your friend" needs to turn on their monitor

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

a lot of leaked stuff has run like rear end for the leak, but gotten 100% better with the day-one. i think i'm still day one for this.

explain to me this 'day-one' you speak of

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

how do igetthis iddint preorder a switch or thegame.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm getting digital on Wii U probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

how do igetthis iddint preorder a switch or thegame.

Try a Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy etc. in your local area on Friday.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I hope it isn't like twilight princess where the new system version (the wii) was everywhere but the previous system version (gamecube) was really hard to find

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It will always be on the eshop at least

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

doughvakiin posted:

explain to me this 'day-one' you speak of

day one patch. a lot of pre-release stuff is an earlier build, and the devs are working up to the minute on the patch in order to iron out final bugs. bloodborne had a lot of problems until from's first patch for it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the switch is the console that i will "make the Switch" with-- that's right folks, i'm going digital only

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

the switch is the console that i will "make the Switch" with-- that's right folks, i'm going digital only

with the builtin storage space and the desire to be portable this seems like a bad idea, you arent gonna bring a hard drive in bed with you

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

with the builtin storage space and the desire to be portable this seems like a bad idea, you arent gonna bring a hard drive in bed with you
You can get a 256gb sd card for like $5. That's like 60 games.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

You can get a 256gb sd card for like $5. That's like 60 games.

this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In three years you're going to need a 256gig card dedicated just to all the Hitman content.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

In three years you're going to need a 256gig card dedicated just to all the Hitman content.

well I sure won't be using it for Breath of the Wild so that's fine

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fungah! posted:

GR: ​How's performance?

Jared: It's 30 fps most of the time, though there are framerate issues at times. Sometimes when you're switching weapons the framerate chugs. There are just some unoptimized areas in the game where it slows down.

GR: That applies to the Switch version, but only in docked mode in my experience. How are loading times?

Jared: I'm really impressed with how fast it loads. Loading screens can vary from around 10-15 seconds

theres also a day 1 patch comng that'll probably fix some of this too

A 10-15 second load is much better than console versions of Witcher 3 and GTAV, but I don't know if I'm "really impressed."

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Wait so framerate chugs while switch in in docked mode? Isn't that supposed to be the more powerful mode of the two? This is bad news!!!!!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

IdealFlaws posted:

Wait so framerate chugs while switch in in docked mode? Isn't that supposed to be the more powerful mode of the two? This is bad news!!!!!
It's more powerful but the game is downscaled while the game is in mobile mode so it technically runs better then.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the dock isnt more powerful

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
http://toucharcade.com/2016/12/19/nintendo-switch-will-run-in-lower-performance-mode-when-undocked/

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that specifically says there an option to lower the clock speed to save power but it isnt enforced in any way

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-new-performance-mode-boosts-handheld-switch-clocks-by-25-per-cent

GPU and memory are able to run at higher speeds when docked.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant make any sense of this but ok

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea but the chibi robo amiibo can unlock extra power

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

congrats on teh small lightning in your username

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

:)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I want to play this game real bad.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lots of docking chat itt

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i'm trying really hard not to watch the spoiler streams and stuff but all of a sudden i'm losing my poo poo I WANTO PLAY THE GAME!!!!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

doughvakiin posted:

i'm trying really hard not to watch the spoiler streams and stuff but all of a sudden i'm losing my poo poo I WANTO PLAY THE GAME!!!!
48 hours my man. We're almost there.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Halfway there

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm taking a 5 week long class with tons of homework and other assignments right now but I'm still going to the midnight release of Zelda and I'm going to play no less than 30 hours before this weekend is over. See you on the other side.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm taking a 5 week long class with tons of homework and other assignments right now but I'm still going to the midnight release of Zelda and I'm going to play no less than 30 hours before this weekend is over. See you on the other side.

is it a cool class at least?

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm insanely busy with undergrad and I didnt preorder the switch... Going to try and go to target in the morning anyway. Gamer solidarity

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

is it a cool class at least?

Not even remotely

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Breath of the Wild is coming out in 36 hours and 19 minutes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Friday booked off, weekend schedule cleared, all prepared for a three day trip to Hyrule

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He's almost ready to gently caress the chest.

• Locked thread