Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Any interest in thoughts/field reports from a few years in to Skytree Village? I got the DLC, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aerofallosov posted:

Any interest in thoughts/field reports from a few years in to Skytree Village? I got the DLC, too.

Go right ahead.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Aerofallosov posted:

:justpost:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Dehry posted:

Go right ahead.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Harvest Moon 64 is coming to Wii U VC in Europe this week, 10EUR.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBXH2sVvL0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfMVScaZpm8

Yay!

oh, plus there are pretty neat little character introductions on their blog

Knorth fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 20, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Harvest Moon 64 is coming to Wii U VC in Europe this week, 10EUR.
How does 64 hold up after all these years? I used to play the poo poo out it when I was a teen.

I wonder if the bug that makes you able to get Popuri up to max hearts in the first spring is still in it.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

World Famous W posted:

How does 64 hold up after all these years? I used to play the poo poo out it when I was a teen.

I wonder if the bug that makes you able to get Popuri up to max hearts in the first spring is still in it.

if it's the puppy glitch, then i think it was the boozey girl. i remember being pleased about it because she's best girl. popuri sux and has a terrifying portrait in HM64, like a rabid bunny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
harvest moon 64 is still amazing while it lasts, but it kind of runs out of stuff to do around year 2, when most of the interesting side stuff comes to a close.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
They finally figured out how to properly get HM64 working on an emulator? Thought they didn't bring it over to virtual console on Wii because of emulation issues.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Corridor posted:

if it's the puppy glitch, then i think it was the boozey girl. i remember being pleased about it because she's best girl. popuri sux and has a terrifying portrait in HM64, like a rabid bunny

Still not as bad as Nina's official artwork, in which she wants to murder you in your sleep.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
No, there were a glitch for Popuri to. After she got to one or two hearts she would ask if you like flowers. If you said yes it gave a little affection. If you changed screens it would reset the question so you could do it multiple times. Seeing as she hung out right by her shops door you could answer it like a hundred times in one day.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 21, 2017

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
On the flipside, I believe you could dump a rock in their face multiple times everyday to make them hate you too.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

No dates or price yet, but xseed announced that they're gonna do all the dlc.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/157666064055/story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns-localization-blog

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess they have a few translators free now that Ys isn't happening.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It's nice to know that people at Xseed at least want same sex marriage candidates.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
time to be a girl and dress like a boy again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Skytree Village, $20: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Harvest-Moon-Skytree-Village-Nintendo-3DS/54519491

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Oh my god there's a new Story of Seasons out today! I downloaded it while I was at work I'm so excited :3:

Edit: i have a living family with sprites and everything what the heck

tudabee fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 1, 2017

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

endolithic posted:

Edit: i have a living family with sprites and everything what the heck

Yeah I really liked that part. I just started, but the beginning has been awesome so far. The cash from the tycoon start let me get some animals going pretty quickly, which is cool

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
My copy arrived today. Too bad I don't have any time to play it for now. Maybe over the weekend. Really looking forward to it though, these games always hook me for a good length of time.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love my Furmiliar.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Just FYI, save before accepting a part-time job. There's a bug where sometimes you won't have the needed item equipped and have to restart the game.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

endolithic posted:

Just FYI, save before accepting a part-time job. There's a bug where sometimes you won't have the needed item equipped and have to restart the game.

This bug only seems to apply to any animal-related task or anything with a tool. The "fix" is to not move at all until the animation of you pulling the tool out is completed.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I played until Lulukoko unlocked yesterday. The opening cutscene/intro lasted a little too long but other than that I have been enjoying it a lot. Tycoon is great, it starts you out with 50,000 which in the beginning of the game covers anything you could want. Most importantly it lets you start working with a cow and chicken right out of the gate.

Choosing between Seedling/Veteran in this mode seems a lot more reasonable. From what I could find it only affects stamina and how much things cost in stores.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I like that you can skip all the tutorial if you want to and that mining unlocks in Spring Year 1.

I don't like that the female farmer's run animation feels weird to me and that we went back to having to make fields before you can plow.

But overall, a good time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
forgot this came out and i never get too deep into them anymore but 1) gotta support xseed and 2) heck yeah free same day shipping so hopefully I can stick w/ this for a longer haul

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I'm really enjoying the game but it didn't take me long to turn off the music and play my own lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
oh man i got the preorder bonus too heck yeah

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

This doctor just paid me 2000 bucks to drink something that refilled my stamina. I like him.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This opening scene of Trio of Towns is making me want to just shut off the game. Let me loving play already.:(

Catalina
May 20, 2008

If I buy a digital copy of Trio of Towns, will I be able to make backups of my saves (preferably on the console, but copying from my PC to the SD card would work) and still use multiplayer? I'd like to be able to keep more than 2 save files.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

MotU posted:

oh man i got the preorder bonus too heck yeah

"3.5 inches of adorableness"

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

This opening scene of Trio of Towns is making me want to just shut off the game. Let me loving play already.:(

I thought the intro was pretty decent personally. Much better than the last game's intro, and it seemed quite a bit shorter

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Catalina posted:

If I buy a digital copy of Trio of Towns, will I be able to make backups of my saves (preferably on the console, but copying from my PC to the SD card would work) and still use multiplayer? I'd like to be able to keep more than 2 save files.

I think they anticipate that now and block it.

You have a choice of Powersaves 3DS and a physical cartridge, or :filez: at which point you can just pirate the game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am now fearing when they do four or anymore towns. All I'm doing some days is just running around delivering packages.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh my god, your dad making GBS threads all over your desire to be the standard Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons protagonist in the intro is amazing.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dehry posted:

I think they anticipate that now and block it.

You have a choice of Powersaves 3DS and a physical cartridge, or :filez: at which point you can just pirate the game.

Thanks! I'll probably go with a Powersave, then. I'm not trying to cheat, I swear, XSeed! I just want more anime husbands.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
So Trio or Seasons 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

bengraven posted:

So Trio or Seasons 1?

I like Trio so far because SoS 1 has no shipping box and there's a bunch of rigmarole for trees/wheat/paddy crops/bees/etc.
Also the boys in Trio are cuter.

• Locked thread