Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if GlyphGryph is still accepting new species submissions, but I had this dumb idea for another human faction which I'd like to submit, if still possible:

SPECIES SUBMISSION

code:
"Heavenly Anabaptist Kingdom of New Jerusalem"
={
	key="Heavenly Anabaptist Kingdom of New Jerusalem"
	name_list="HUM4"
	ship_prefix="AKS"
	species_name="Human"
	species_plural="Humans"
	species_class="HUM"
	species_adjective="Human"
	species_bio="In ages past, on planet Earth, our ancestors were persecuted and burned at the stake by heretics, philistines and others who had corrupted the word of our Lord, using it for Evil. After the heretics destroyed our first Kingdom on Earth, our ancestors kept themselves hidden in plain sight, waiting for the right time to establish God's Kingdom again. We realized the right moment had come when our leader received a vision straight from God, telling us salvation lies in the six \"ark ships\" the heretics had built in order to search for new worlds to corrupt. We managed to secure passage on one of these ships, and just as the vision promised us, we found a new home, and our Kingdom was reborn."
	portrait="human"
	name="Heavenly Anabaptist Kingdom of New Jerusalem"
	adjective="Anabaptist"
	government="divine_mandate"
	ftl=wormhole
	weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
	planet_name="New Jerusalem"
	planet_class="pc_continental"
	system_name="Deus Lux"
	initializer=""
	graphical_culture="mammalian_01"
	city_graphical_culture="mammalian_01"
	empire_flag={
		icon={
			category="zoological"
			file="flag_zoological_22.dds"
		}
		background={
			category="backgrounds"
			file="stripe.dds"
		}
		colors={
			"burgundy"
			"dark_purple"
			"null"
			"null"
		}
	}
	ruler={
		gender=male
		name="David"
		portrait="human_male_04"
		texture=0
		hair=5
		clothes=4
		ruler_title="King"
		heir_title="Prince"
		ruler_title_female="Queen"
		heir_title_female="Princess"
	}
	spawn_as_fallen=no
	ignore_portrait_duplication=no
	spawn_enabled=yes
	ethic="ethic_militarist"
	ethic="ethic_fanatic_spiritualist"
	trait="trait_sedentary"
	trait="trait_deviants"
	trait="trait_communal"
	trait="trait_industrious"
	trait="trait_charismatic"
}
edit: oh god why tables

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'll allow it if the entire music tracklist gets replaced by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy9HeM8QQc

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

I'll allow it if the entire music tracklist gets replaced by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy9HeM8QQc

Not meant to be Space Jews exactly, but now I gotta watch History of the World again.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rincewinds posted:

You sure you did not blast them into oblivion with your bombardment?

Absolutely certain, I just arrived. I could see them purging the population of their other world.

And okay they're not llamas. Weird...face...things.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/836654971684675587

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Every new update makes me want it right now. Next month is going to be a long one.

FoiledShenanigans
Apr 6, 2012

I'm less in for modifying my own species. I hope the biological ascension allows me to take a shot at going Qu ala "all tomorrows" on the galaxy. I Can deal with just giving my most hated enemys, weak, all science inhibited and fleeting lifespans.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Another small update as well:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I'd really love the ability to add negative traits to species.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Gods I wish I could make my vassals into marches. Just, go fight my wars for me AI, do the planetary landings and all that dull poo poo.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Not sure if GlyphGryph is still accepting new species
SPECIES SUBMISSION

Hell yes. I'm a big fan of the Ark idea that the humans have in this game, rickety colony ships are one of my favorite things about hard sci-fi settings.

If I wanted to play a game as only humans with six other human factions representing the Arks would I be forced to play as the UN? I know that that automatically spawns the xenophobic humans, but I'm not sure if you can make certain that the Commonwealth of Man appears 100% of the time otherwise.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think it's the reverse. The UN won't necessarily always have the Commonwealth spawn, but the Commonwealth will always have an AI UN with an alternate flag (The laurels but with a starfield instead of Earth) spawn somewhat nearby.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really wish we had even half the eu4 subject nation/colonial nation options. Having a huge vassal empire should be a legit strategy, as should having different types of vassals.
Maybe I want my vassals to give me 25% of their income but they aren't dragged into wars.
Maybe I don't care about their income, but expect to use them as cannon fodder in war.
Maybe I want both, maybe I want 50% of their income. Maybe I want them to be able to expand and colonize. Maybe I want to be able to take their territory or combine or create vassals as easily as a sector or a custom puppet nation in eu4.
Just give me a bunch of cool options to spoil or exploit my vassals and a loyalty/liberty desire system to counter it.

Speaking of subjects the weirdest thing happened to me on my high-tech run. The 2nd most populous empire in the entire game and 3rd in overall power rankings came to me and asked to become a protectorate. Their fleet power and capacity were just a step below mine, only their tech was pathetic. The big scary military empire and #2 ranked empire in the game is just equivalent/equivalent/inferior. Generally once an empire gets past a certain basic size you can't diplo-subject them. But this empire, who controls more territory than me suddenly asks for me to protect them. Is this a bug or something went fucky with the AI? A couple decades of having my tech bonus they became vassals and then I annexed them getting like 20 new planets to my existing 15.

It feels like playing France and suddenly inheriting Spain.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 1, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
If they're gonna adjust vassals I'd rather the new HOI4 system, which is the gold standard now IMO.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
There needs to be an 'honorable warrior race' trait that reverses the normal 'recently conquered' penalty and turns it into a bonus. They respect that they've been beaten by someone stronger and want to be a part of that.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sounds like the 'Subjugated' opinion bonus same-religion pagan rulers get when you stomp their poo poo in CK2. I approve.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Vassals can definitely expand and colonize already, Ive seen it happen

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

PoptartsNinja posted:

There needs to be an 'honorable warrior race' trait that reverses the normal 'recently conquered' penalty and turns it into a bonus. They respect that they've been beaten by someone stronger and want to be a part of that.

Not sure if it still happens, but at one point I believe rivaling fanatic militarist empires actually improved their opinion of you.

It would be really cool to tie more of that sort of thing and more like it to a civic or something, really make militarists interesting to deal with as AI even if its not the most attractice player ethos.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someone mod in all of the CK2 traits for leaders.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Koramei posted:

If they're gonna adjust vassals I'd rather the new HOI4 system, which is the gold standard now IMO.

I never got Hoi4 because it looked very much not for me, but how's the vassal system work?

http://www.hoi4wiki.com/Puppet
Ah of course it's all on the wiki, sounds good. I mean the core idea isn't "copy X game exactly" but just, have expanded and fun options.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

My tree scientist is a gluttonous craven who lusts for sunlight and flees at the first sign of a space lumberjack.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

definitely want jesus christ to tell my space mushroom admirals how to war better

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So after I vassalized this empire I checked my races tab to see what they're about and they've gene modded them selves into a page and a half of sub-species. All the same name, but every possible combo of traits and climate preferences you can imagine, no single "species" with more than 5-10 pops...

I love the gene modding system but it can get a bit out of hand. Maybe some sort of species and sub-species system. So if you have 8 different types of humans for different climates they'd still be all treated as "human" on the species list, then you click and get an expanded list of sub-species. When you start trying to keep track of 15+ slightly different flavours of human all with the same name and art and no way to tell who's who at a glance without a mouse-over, the system starts to get pretty cluttered. And does it really matter that these 5 pops have a +10% bonus to sociology while THESE humans have +5% happiness and so on. I'm never going to micro-manage that for optimization and the AI doesn't either.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Huh. Someone was asking about super-pirates. Just found this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865668797&searchtext=

It's about as much as could be expected.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Alright so it's been a while since I looked at Stellaris, and I see GlyphGryph has made the goon empire mod finally happen, so I'll just resubmit the ones I originally made. I have to say I love it how this idea I just offhandedly blurted out in the old thread picked up in such a way. :)

Was really hankering to play now that I finally bought the Leviathans DLC, but then I saw Utopia is only like five weeks away so I dunno I might just wait for that. Or maybe play a game with the smallest galaxy to tide me over.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 13, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Baronjutter posted:

I never got Hoi4 because it looked very much not for me, but how's the vassal system work?

http://www.hoi4wiki.com/Puppet
Ah of course it's all on the wiki, sounds good. I mean the core idea isn't "copy X game exactly" but just, have expanded and fun options.

It's basically a tug of war between the vassal and overlord, with the vassal trying to get more autonomy and the overlord trying to reign it in to the point it can eventually integrate it. The specifics of each level of autonomy for the vassal and how you get certain stages and so on are all obviously pretty HOI specific, but the general tug of war thing could be adapted to just about any era, and is pretty dynamic and interesting. Far more than watching a bar slowly fill out.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Koramei posted:

It's basically a tug of war between the vassal and overlord, with the vassal trying to get more autonomy and the overlord trying to reign it in to the point it can eventually integrate it. The specifics of each level of autonomy for the vassal and how you get certain stages and so on are all obviously pretty HOI specific, but the general tug of war thing could be adapted to just about any era, and is pretty dynamic and interesting. Far more than watching a bar slowly fill out.

I'd like some sort of a la carte options rather than just straight less/more integrated though, but options that all add up to eventually annexation if you want to go for it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FoiledShenanigans posted:

I'm less in for modifying my own species. I hope the biological ascension allows me to take a shot at going Qu ala "all tomorrows" on the galaxy. I Can deal with just giving my most hated enemys, weak, all science inhibited and fleeting lifespans.

I really shouldn't have looked up what this was right before going to bed

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Hell yes. I'm a big fan of the Ark idea that the humans have in this game, rickety colony ships are one of my favorite things about hard sci-fi settings.

If I wanted to play a game as only humans with six other human factions representing the Arks would I be forced to play as the UN? I know that that automatically spawns the xenophobic humans, but I'm not sure if you can make certain that the Commonwealth of Man appears 100% of the time otherwise.

Have to do this sometime. Tried an AI-only game where all three were present, and it was pretty cool how both the Commonwealth of Man and Anabaptist Kingdom became rather big and formed a really powerful federation together, while the UN of Earth remained pretty small, but was in another big federation with a bunch of democratic alien empires. Good times for mankind.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Darth Windu posted:

Vassals can definitely expand and colonize already, Ive seen it happen

I'm almost entirely positive vassals can't colonise planets unless you have a mod that allows them to. You can give them planets through war or that you colonised yourself, but they can't actually colonise things.

Protectorates and Tributaries can expand I think, but not vassals.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Bloodly posted:

Huh. Someone was asking about super-pirates. Just found this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865668797&searchtext=

It's about as much as could be expected.

I'd like pirates to be more of a thing for the sake of aesthetics, but there aren't any civilian trade lanes for them to harry and harass in vanilla and it would only create somewhat pointless busywork in tasking out a dedicated patrol fleet to murder pirates whenever they do.

I suppose I mean that it would be nice to have, but probably wouldn't work out and be kind of annoying.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Heartcatch posted:

I'd like pirates to be more of a thing for the sake of aesthetics, but there aren't any civilian trade lanes for them to harry and harass in vanilla and it would only create somewhat pointless busywork in tasking out a dedicated patrol fleet to murder pirates whenever they do.

I suppose I mean that it would be nice to have, but probably wouldn't work out and be kind of annoying.
There's a whole bunch of stuff that'd be cool if the game supported fleet mechanics beyond manually flying a giant doomstack around.
e:

Meta-Mollusk posted:

edit: oh god why tables
I though my phone was broken because it kept reloading to a blank white page.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 1, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Taear posted:

Absolutely certain, I just arrived. I could see them purging the population of their other world.

And okay they're not llamas. Weird...face...things.

Maybe they just decided it was better to die than to be killed? "Look these space fuckers are gonna exterminate us, but if we kill ourselves we'll deny them the fun!"

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Has there been any talk about changing the way migration treaties work? Requiring there to be mutual living space for each empire in onerous, as the AI often doesn't use robots to settle world's suitable for your own species, and there's a few enough Gaia world's out there as is. Even if there was some kind of need to incentivize a one-sided migration treaty by, for example, giving some minerals or guaranteeing a certain living standard (in Banks), it would make building a peaceful multi-cultural empire a lot more manageable.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How do I stop slaves from breeding, thought that was a thing

Also why do my guys on the planet with the xeno slaves have a -5% happiness "xenophobia" modifier? I thought enslaving the dang dirty aliens would get rid of that

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Darth Windu posted:

I think that's a thing in the next dlc.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Fintilgin posted:

I think that's a thing in the next dlc.

Should be an option in the game now under slavery policies. I know I've used it before and don't run any mods.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Darth Windu posted:

Also why do my guys on the planet with the xeno slaves have a -5% happiness "xenophobia" modifier? I thought enslaving the dang dirty aliens would get rid of that
Yeah but they're, like, touching everything.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Should be an option in the game now under slavery policies. I know I've used it before and don't run any mods.

Seeing as how I'm too much of a goody-two-shoes to ever actually have HAD a slave in Stellaris, I should clearly leave advice on them to others. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Just checked, it isn't

Maybe because im not collectivist?

• Locked thread